Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

Belfrybat 11-18-2012 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my fabric choices minus the grey. I'm trying to decide whether to keep the bold print blue or not. Opinions please?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]377253[/ATTACH]

duckydo 11-18-2012 01:01 PM

I am going to be doing this one too, I have done 3 of her mystery's and have only completed one.. Hope this one is not so complicated. I am gathering fat quarters for the fabric.. Love the colors
Belfrybrat, there will be a thread up this friday and every friday until it is done. I like you colors except for the one 3rd from right on top row,, I think the yellow fights with the rest,,, just my HO, love the rest

dgbrandt 11-19-2012 06:12 AM

I am in as well for my first Bonnie Hunter Mystery! I am very excited!

Belfrybat 11-19-2012 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by duckydo (Post 5665574)
I am going to be doing this one too, I have done 3 of her mystery's and have only completed one.. Hope this one is not so complicated. I am gathering fat quarters for the fabric.. Love the colors
Belfrybrat, there will be a thread up this friday and every friday until it is done. I like you colors except for the one 3rd from right on top row,, I think the yellow fights with the rest,,, just my HO, love the rest

I agree with you about the aqua small floral -- it's already gone from the mix, but did decide to keep the larger aqua print even though the green in it is not lime, it still seems to play well.

OK, so as I understand your response about a main discussion thread for the Easy Street mystery quilt, someone will do a new thread on this board each week? How do we find it as the Orca Bay discussion was all on one thread? I know we have to go to Quiltsville to get the next clue each week, but thought there would only be one on-going thread here. Not complaining, just trying to figure out the way it's done here as I'm new.

JeanieG 11-19-2012 08:48 AM

The last two years we just did one thread for the whole quilt. Everyone posted their fabric choices, then they posted their progress each week. I think we can get by with using just one thread, it will make it much easier. Like I said, I emailed Patrice and asked about it, but she has not gotten back to me yet. I think we can just post here with this one you started Belfybat, unless we are told differently by Patrice. You have already posted your fabric choices - they will be great!

I won't be home until Saturday, as we are visiting my son in Phoenix, so I'll post my fabrics then. Come on everyone, lets see what fabrics you have chosen.

Also for anyone who does not know, there is a Yahoo Group called Quiltville that you can join also. Lots of chatter and excitement over there about the quilt. They also have a photo section going for the fabric choices.

vintage cowgirl 11-19-2012 05:20 PM

What size easy angle ruler do we need?

JeanieG 11-19-2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by vintage cowgirl (Post 5668409)
What size easy angle ruler do we need?

The 6" or 6 1/2" one. I'm not home so don't know the exact size. Not the big one.

vintage cowgirl 11-19-2012 05:27 PM

Thank you Jeanie. I have never done a mystery quilt before.

JeanieG 11-19-2012 09:36 PM

vintage - Bonnie will explain how to use the rulers and will have photos so you can see how they are used.

Suzanne in VT 11-20-2012 03:20 AM

You can just ignore her tool requirements, I do. She loves to use those particular tools, but I find them annoying and cumbersome. You can make these quilts she does your own way without the tools.

Thought I'd share this with you.

Suzanne

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5661841)
I just checked out a couple of her others. Wow this one takes a LOT of fabric belfry. I think I will pass mostly because of the required grid tools. those things are out of my budget range. I am fortunate to have a mat, a rotary cutter, a 14 inch omni grid ruler and one 60 degree triangle. that sums up my specialty tools. The Christmas one she did was simple and pretty and certainly not only a holiday pattern.