Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

Peachy 01-12-2013 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've finished all of my part 8 blocks, but I am still not lovin' it! I think I chose a "grey" (it's really more of a light grey-aqua printed with a grey floral) that is just too light. I'll probably begin piecing the flimsy top together this weekend, but I'm not too motived since I'm regretting that grey decision.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]387794[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 01-13-2013 07:40 AM

Peachy, I think your gray is fine. Take a look at Krista's quilt above. Her constant wasn't highly contrasting and it looks great. Looks to me like Krista also didn't do scrappy. The design came out great and so will yours. All our quilts will look a little different due to fabric and color choices but I haven't seen one I don't like, even in colors that I never would have thought of putting together.

kristakz 01-13-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Peachy (Post 5782351)
I've finished all of my part 8 blocks, but I am still not lovin' it! I think I chose a "grey" (it's really more of a light grey-aqua printed with a grey floral) that is just too light. I'll probably begin piecing the flimsy top together this weekend, but I'm not too motived since I'm regretting that grey decision.

I had the same thought when I did mine, Peachy. My grey is even lighter than yours (look back 1 page for my picture). I was worried, but even though my quilt looks different than Bonnie's without the grey accent, I love the end result. I think yours is going to be wonderful when you get it put together.

gardnergal970 01-13-2013 10:06 AM

Peachy...you might be surprised now nice your quilt will look even it it doesn't look like Bonnie's. that's the beauty of patchwork quilts....there are no two just exactly the same. Your 4 inch blocks will make a nice path for the street!

SheriR 01-13-2013 12:03 PM

Peachy I was going to say what others said too. I think your grey will be pretty when you start putting it together.

pjnesler 01-14-2013 07:14 AM

Krista, Love your colors, and the way you did your border! Excellent!

Peachy 01-16-2013 02:46 AM

Thanks everyone! My top is now a flimsy with the inner border on. I don't buy much yardage (I have a HUGE stash of FQs-1 yd cuts), so I had to use a turquoise and "piece" in corners in a different fabric. I may have just enough purple to get a second 3 1/2" border bringing my top to about 95x95". That should be just fine! I'll post a final photo tomorrow.

Peachy 01-16-2013 05:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Flimsy Top DONE!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388506[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388507[/ATTACH]

Fraew 01-16-2013 06:49 PM

Looking good Peachy!

candi 01-16-2013 07:42 PM

Peachy, very pretty! Good job.
Lots of great Easy Streets posted.. Beautiful job ladies..the different colors sure make it look very different. Neena and scrap lady, I love your quilts. And krista, very neat borders.
I am still plugging away on mine..doing the three by three layout as I want it to be a throw quilt for the couch. I have all my blocks sewed and my setting triangles almost done, just need to join the last strip in each one..hopefully tomorrow I can take the hour I need to do that and then put the blocks together..I am loving this quilt.