Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

JeanieG 11-20-2012 09:03 AM

You are correct Suzanne - she gives information on how to cut without the rulers. Personally, I find them easy to use, and the pieces are so accurate.

gardnergal970 11-20-2012 09:35 AM

I too thought that it was way to much fabric but a friend who saw her during one of her webcam sessions, said that it was because of the number of seams. I just got her book Leaders and Enders and Bonnie suggests that the front would require 25% more than the back. Fourteen yards seems like more than that but I suspect some of the extra does allow for having a nice variety of fabric in each color. I think it was in the first thread mentioning Easy Street that one quilter who has done earlier mystery quilts suggested that 13 different prints in each color is ideal. I haven't gotten that many but it did make me push the envelop and get more than I had first planned. I got a new blade for my rotary cutter yesterday and am looking forward to Friday's kickoff.

JeanieG 11-20-2012 10:00 AM

I don't have nearly that much fabric. I have about 6-7 of each color. I finally got all my black on whites - I had none! I won't be home until Saturday. So will probably not get to start until Sunday or Monday. I hope Bonnie's first clue is an easy one! LOL

Belfrybat 11-20-2012 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=gardnergal970;5669765 I think it was in the first thread mentioning Easy Street that one quilter who has done earlier mystery quilts suggested that 13 different prints in each color is ideal. I haven't gotten that many but it did make me push the envelop and get more than I had first planned. I got a new blade for my rotary cutter yesterday and am looking forward to Friday's kickoff.[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I only have 4 of each. Hope that will work as I can't justify spending any more money on this project. I'm making mine half size, but that was still a lot of fabric to buy as I only had the aqua and a couple of the b/w in my stash.

pjnesler 11-20-2012 05:09 PM

My Easy Street fabric

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in on Easy Street. I did the Orca bay and am really looking forward to this one.
I'm following Bonnies colors, will post pics on my blog as I go to link it to Bonnie's site as she had us do last time. :) Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing too!

gardnergal970 11-21-2012 06:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]377885[/ATTACH]Here are my fabrics for Easy Street. Using the paint chips really helped me sort through all the choices at my LQS. I need to get my cutting table cleared and ready for Friday!

JeanieG 11-21-2012 08:36 AM

Ohhhhh so pretty gardnergal! Love, love, love your fabrics!

frustratedquilter40 11-21-2012 05:07 PM

So far I love everyone's choice of fabrics and colors:thumbup: I have mine in a stack do not have a lot of purple so thinking about using pink in the place of purple as I have lots of pink. Still thinking and must shop the stash but oranges, purples I just do not have a lot of or white on black but I think I have enough to make that work. Can't wait have never done Bonnie's mysteries and at least she said it is easier than here others so hopefully I will finish it :o

Dolly's sister 11-21-2012 05:34 PM

I am doing this mystery quilt, my first one. Got all the fabric ready except that I need a few more black on white fabrics. I can't wait to see how the whole thing turns out, excited to get started on it.

JeanieG 11-21-2012 06:13 PM

Friday can't get here soon enough! :p