Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

frustratedquilter40 02-17-2013 11:37 PM

Wow everyones quilt is beautiful! Well this weekend I completed steps 3 thru 6 and an ready to start step 7 (Monday) can't wait to get it done. I used the colors Bonnie did as it was a mystery and sometimes do not trust my colors choices combos and since it was my first mystery with Bonnie I followed her choices. When I get my flimsy done will post a picture. Good night everyone :)

sewplease 02-19-2013 06:29 PM

Last night I got all the rows pieced and pressed for the A blocks. I've been admiring my 16 neat little stacks but too tired to start putting them together tonight. I've got all my triangles and B blocks completed, so am starting to get close to final assembly. This is my third Bonnie mystery and I used her colors, too. The only thing I did differently was to use a single black on white 3.5" square instead of all the double bricks. :-)

JeanieG 02-21-2013 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished my Easy Street flimsy week before last. Just now got around to getting a photo. It is a little too busy for me, but am so glad it is finished!

frustratedquilter40 02-21-2013 03:38 PM

Looks great JeanieG! Can't wait to get mine finished working slowly on step #7 ;)

SheriR 02-21-2013 04:37 PM

Jeanie I love it! Congrats on your finish. I'm still stuck deciding on a border. Easy street keeps me company while I work on other projects.

sewplease 02-22-2013 09:09 PM

That turquoise border is terrific!!

JeanieG 02-22-2013 10:25 PM

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'm just so glad to have another top finished! I have so many UFO's in my closet! Most just need quilting.

Wardy74 03-02-2013 05:13 AM

Wow , they are all really beautiful. I only joined QB a few days ago otherwise I would have joined in. I was doing easy street but I got really sick and got really behind as a consequence. In the process of setting up a log cabin that my beloved built for me. Once I have all my stash etc organised I will get easy street back out and get it finished. I was going to have to send it to a long armer to get it quilted because my hands are not good enough to hand quilt now. I have a brand new grace queen and a Janome 1600p so I will be quilting it on that once I have had a practic e etc. Once I have finished piecing top I will post a photo.
Candy I love your borders they are beautiful. I did not have the colours Bonnie used so I used fabrics from my scraps/stash apart from a beautiful grey with a butterfly pattern on. It is so nice to see how many people used different colours and how amazing they all look.Her patterns are great for that.

Mariposa 03-06-2013 11:28 AM

Jeanie- congrats on the flimsy finish!! :)

wishfulthinking 03-06-2013 04:45 PM

First time posting on this thread and I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures! I'm a little over half done sewing my rows together so should be able to finish that up tomorrow. I'll think about borders then. I'm wondering if any of you have quilted your Easy Street...the full size Easy Street...on your domestic sewing machine? I'll probably attempt that myself and would like thoughts and ideas on how to do it. Thanks!