Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

Charlee 10-24-2011 06:17 AM

I only did a few blocks on mine (7, I think) and haven't even come near it lately! I will do my best to play along! :)

happymrs 10-24-2011 07:00 AM

Like others, I started one & have done a few blocks, so this would be nice to follow along on & maybe encourage me to do some more, lol... thanks for starting this one up again!

luvstoquilt 10-24-2011 07:31 AM

Very interested! I have the book but have not made any of the squares! 3 a week would work for me!

Julieintheburg 10-24-2011 07:34 AM

I would love to join you- I have wanted to start a Dear Jane for years! Now that I'm all gung-ho, 3 blocks a week sounds manageable ( I guess time will tell) But thank you for initiating this-count me in!

lee_stitches 10-24-2011 07:45 AM

I am interested in joining the DJ group. Will keep my eye on the blog.

NDQuilts 10-24-2011 08:03 AM

I'll join to make more progress on my Jane UFO. Not sure that I can do 3 but I am going to play along.

Cre8tvlwyr 10-24-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by mhunt1717
I am interested! Don't know about the three a week plan, but I can try!

The first group is how I got my Baby top finished. The ladies were so encouraging & helpful. I have her in the hand quilting stage now, waiting for cooler weather to return.

It really is more fun to quilt with a group - even one as spread out as we all are.

Enjoy the journey!

Where's your avatar Kathy?? ooops there it is - wow when I first read your post there was none - that's weird - now I can't delete my message :oops:

Cre8tvlwyr 10-24-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD
Hi, WOW - this is JUST what I need - ?3 a week - I will try - may be a tight squeeze - will see. I started my DJ in 2007 and then lapsed for a while. I have now done 102 blocks please see my link below - and am using Christmas fabric. I would find being given a block to do may be the push I need to get out of my comfort zone --- thank you

WOW Dot!! I checked your link - it is awesome! Can anyone use that layout?? Do you know whether it has a copyright?

love the dancing smileys as well :lol:

BettyKay 10-24-2011 09:14 AM

What is the freezer paper "on top" method to applicate?

Quilter7x 10-24-2011 09:19 AM

I am a drop out from the first group, but I have the software, the rulers and the velum paper. I do want to do this quilt, but I'm also doing AOTH right now. Not sure I want to take on two big projects at the same time, so we will see.

Dotty, I love the link you put for your blocks. Is that something people with the software can do? I have a scanner, do you scan them and put them in place?

I am very happy you are going to have a 2nd round of this! :thumbup: