Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-pony-club-quilt-t170608.html)

QuiltE 01-19-2012 09:51 PM

*beaming with pride*
Yessssssssssss!!!! we nabbed her alright!

OKSGlad .... Your LQS having the PC book, certainly was a sign and I'd sure as heck hope that you purchased the book! Oh I just knew you'd eventually give in!! So, did you buy any of the pony/farm fabrics today? Good way to celebrate having your y/e put together for the accountant! Think of it this way ... you can start late with me!

Beautiful fabrics there ... I'm not normally a light fabric one, but I really do like that lighter set ..... I think I'm taking note, as remember, I'm supposed to be doing something more subdued and softer this year. Could I just steal that stash and use them? :)

PokerDiva ... there's still people doing the FWS, so you won't be alone. I'm coming to the end of my blocks, and then the sashing, etc. The ladies have been really good with support, coaching and the all important ooohs and aaahhhs which have helped me keep at it. Whichever you choose to do ... you'll enjoy the experience! Be prepared to learn lots along the trails!

JeanieG 01-19-2012 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4891948)
Okay folks I have to fess up! Some of you know I have spent parts of the last 10 days getting ready for my income tax appointment for our farm business. After coming out the door of the acct's office I sashayed down the street and waltzed right into the cute little LQS that's a favorite of mine. Shop owner's a dear, has a great collection of farm related fabrics. Yes some ponies in amongst them. We were chatting and I asked if she was familiar with the FWPC and FWS. She said yes, in fact had the FWPC book there. Was this a sign, I asked myself as she scurried off to retrieve the book? I took the plunge and I will be joining you soon! I can see Jeanie doing a happy little dosedo back there in CA! And QE is coiling the rope in a nice tight circle muttering, "What a hard headed old mare that was to bring in? But I nabbed her quick!"

Now my dilemma--Fabric choices. The first pic is my Kansas Troubles collection-large pieces and then small pieces. I had to get a couple more fabrics today if I'm going to use these. Not enough there (sic) Acutally am short of greens and browns so picked up a couple to complement my collection.[ATTACH=CONFIG]304557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]304558[/ATTACH] Now which should I use?[ATTACH=CONFIG]304555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]304556[/ATTACH]Next set is the Aviary line from Moda that I've had for quite a while (this is what I said I would use if I were to do it QE) . The second shows some fabrics from my stash that will go with these soft blues.

Oh Yeah, so glad you are joining us oksewglad! All that fabric is fabulous! Use what will make you happy to see in a quilt!

oksewglad 01-19-2012 10:13 PM

"Oh was I supposed to buy the book?," she asks innocently. Of course I did!
No didn't buy any pony/horse fabric, but found a great farm scene that has some work horses in it. Oh and a couple Diane Phalen pieces that are just so lovely.
Thanks Jeanie--once I make a decision on fabric I will try to get started!

QuiltE 01-19-2012 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4892002)
"Oh was I supposed to buy the book?," she asks innocently. Of course I did!
No didn't buy any pony/horse fabric, but found a great farm scene that has some work horses in it. Oh and a couple Diane Phalen pieces that are just so lovely.

Whew! thank goodness you had the sense to purchase that book!! :)
But really now ... no fabric? *gasp*

Now the real question is ... were there any Jerseys stabled at the LQS? :)

And Ladies and Gent .... Good Night .... time to hit the hay! :)

dublb 01-20-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4891948)
Okay folks I have to fess up! Some of you know I have spent parts of the last 10 days getting ready for my income tax appointment for our farm business. After coming out the door of the acct's office I sashayed down the street and waltzed right into the cute little LQS that's a favorite of mine. Shop owner's a dear, has a great collection of farm related fabrics. Yes some ponies in amongst them. We were chatting and I asked if she was familiar with the FWPC and FWS. She said yes, in fact had the FWPC book there. Was this a sign, I asked myself as she scurried off to retrieve the book? I took the plunge and I will be joining you soon! I can see Jeanie doing a happy little dosedo back there in CA! And QE is coiling the rope in a nice tight circle muttering, "What a hard headed old mare that was to bring in? But I nabbed her quick!"

Now my dilemma--Fabric choices. The first pic is my Kansas Troubles collection-large pieces and then small pieces. I had to get a couple more fabrics today if I'm going to use these. Not enough there (sic) Acutally am short of greens and browns so picked up a couple to complement my collection.[ATTACH=CONFIG]304557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]304558[/ATTACH] Now which should I use?[ATTACH=CONFIG]304555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]304556[/ATTACH]Next set is the Aviary line from Moda that I've had for quite a while (this is what I said I would use if I were to do it QE) . The second shows some fabrics from my stash that will go with these soft blues.

Yeah! I'm so glad that you joined us! Lovely fabrics, I think they will make a beautiful quilt!

oksewglad 01-20-2012 03:23 PM

I made a decision. Going with the KT's. Why? The deciding factor is I have 4 yards of the large scale floral that is just aching to be used in a larger pattern to show it off. Also the large scale blue and cream needs a larger block as well. They are just too pretty to cut up into smaller pieces.
Will be saddling up my horse pretty soon. Have some other quilting committments to meet. QE and I plan on working side by side through our journey. Aren't quilt buddies, great?

Carsey 01-20-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4890333)

Carsey
... the icons I mentioned above, were in the Quick Reply box (on my screen). Maybe something different about your settings? or system? And yes, the other way via Go Advanced worked too!

Thanks!!! I need to check my settings. Your way IS easier!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

QuiltE 01-20-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4894033)
I made a decision. Going with the KT's. Why? The deciding factor is I have 4 yards of the large scale floral that is just aching to be used in a larger pattern to show it off. Also the large scale blue and cream needs a larger block as well. They are just too pretty to cut up into smaller pieces.

Will be saddling up my horse pretty soon. Have some other quilting committments to meet. QE and I plan on working side by side through our journey. Aren't quilt buddies, great?

Lovely! Lovely! Your fabric is going to make one lovely quilt!
I'm looking forward to sewing side-by-side with you
OKSGlad ... well at least virtually side-by-side!

Carsey ... I'm sure you'll get it figured out!!

Honchey 01-21-2012 11:44 AM

Re:The FWS Pony Club...Copyrite

Hi Everyone, It has been brought to my attention that there was a problem on another site regarding a request for a COPY of the FWS Pony Club Quilt cd and any info pertaining to the book. This is a big NO NO and will not be tolerated here.

Quilters are known to be a very generous people but we must draw the line when it comes to making copies, etc for others who will not purchase the book.

Any word written/copied by me from Laurie's book or the files on her site has been given permission to me from Laurie to do so with encouragment. I also saved the emails documenting this.

I just wanted to clarify my position on this matter as there has been some veiled reference as to whether or not I can do so.

Now that I have that off my chest... let's get back to what we do best...Keep on Quilting!!!

Honchey/Anne

quiltmore 01-21-2012 01:38 PM

Would love to join this block quilt along. Where do I sign up? I am a newbee to this Quilting Board so not sure how to sign up for things. thanks