Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Discussion Page Week 9 Blocks 17 & 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-discussion-page-week-9-blocks-17-18-a-t67323.html)

Honchey 09-28-2010 06:25 PM

Hi Everyone, Time to talk about these 2 blocks----

janRN 09-28-2010 06:35 PM

In a word: HARD!! I had trouble with 17 but got it done okay. 18 was easier but doesn't look "right". I'll post pics tomorrow so you all can tell me what I did wrong; kept re-doing but still not happy.

nursie76 09-28-2010 06:38 PM

Oh my! Is it time for them? I thought we started new ones on Wednesdays! AWHHHHH! I thought I finally got caught up and had a day to breath before the next batchtomorrow...drats!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see your blocks.

Honchey 09-28-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Oh my! Is it time for them? I thought we started new ones on Wednesdays! AWHHHHH! I thought I finally got caught up and had a day to breath before the next batchtomorrow...drats!!!!!!!

Hi, I post the 3 new threads for this quilt on Tuesday Evening after 10 p.m. Anne

nursie76 09-29-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Originally Posted by nursie76

Hi, I post the 3 new threads for this quilt on Tuesday Evening after 10 p.m. Anne

Phew! Good to know, I was so proud of myself that I had finally gotten caught up :-D . Thanks!

mirabelle 09-29-2010 09:14 PM

I enjoyed making these two, paper pieced both of them, took me about 2 hours for each one so I'm a happy camper. I even like my colors...
I am now officially 2 weeks ahead, will be able to post next week then I am away for three weeks visiting my daughter.

pookie ookie 09-29-2010 09:19 PM

I enjoyed being ahead... and now I'm playing catch up. :0)

Odd blocks this week. Would like to see an entire quilt made of #18. Gonna go search now.

JAGSD 09-30-2010 05:08 AM

Oh My! I guess I have joined the Slackers.... I'm still working on 14's, hmmmmm...........

dody 09-30-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Everyone, Time to talk about these 2 blocks----

I just joined..how do I get into the block thing like you all are doing here?

janRN 09-30-2010 01:55 PM

I'm still laughing about #18. Someone saw angels, Hochey saw Transformers, I see a fat bottom. Hmm-wonder what the block represented originally?

DodY: welcome. Go to the thread titled "I wonder if anyone is interested in doing the FWS"; easiest if you go to Virtual: all the threads about FWS are in one place. I'm glad you're joining and look forward to seeing your blocks.