Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 7 Photo Page for Blocks 13 & 14 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-week-7-photo-page-blocks-13-14-a-t64778.html)

Grandmother23 01-02-2011 12:24 PM

Thanks Jan. I am trying to be as close as possible to the colors in the book without duplicating fabrics until I go through the 60 or so I have. It is getting a little hard as #16 would look good in colors I have used already, but that is OK. I will stick to my guns!! :lol:

QuiltE 10-23-2011 09:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
#13 was a treat ... NOT!!! I PPd it and had each section together and noticed one patch I'd skipped over. Then, corrected that and put the whole thing together and noticed another one missing!!!! argggghhhhhhh

Thanks for looking!

Honchey 10-23-2011 09:27 AM

Yes, It tested my patience also!! It turned out great.

QuiltE 10-23-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Yes, It tested my patience also!! It turned out great.

Thanks!!

Lesson Learned ... I had coded each of the PP sections with letters. I think that the next time I have one with so many pieces that I'll get out my highlighter markers .... might be a bit more obvious!!!

Though I'm not sure even a bolt of lightening would have kept me on track last night! After that I looked for an easy-peasy one and found #71 to complete that set!

oksewglad 10-23-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
#13 was a treat ... NOT!!! I PPd it and had each section together and noticed one patch I'd skipped over. Then, corrected that and put the whole thing together and noticed another one missing!!!! argggghhhhhhh

Thanks for looking!

I haven't done these yet. But one thing I've learned so far is these blocks are not that easy!! Looking good, QuiltE!

QuiltE 10-23-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Thanks for looking!

I haven't done these yet. But one thing I've learned so far is these blocks are not that easy!! Looking good, QuiltE!

When are you going to make your debut??
Please join me in this!

grannyQ 10-23-2011 05:23 PM

QuiltE, Great blocks, love the green fabrics.

QuiltE 10-23-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ
QuiltE, Great blocks, love the green fabrics.

Thanks ... I have quite a bit of those greens. Both give some life to the blocks. I think I should find something to help bridge/blend the blues with the greens. Right?

oksewglad 11-07-2011 09:09 AM

I went through the thread and loved watching all those beauties go by. It's fun to see fabrics one has in one's own stash and how others have used those fabrics! And some of the color combinations are just fantastic. Hope to get to these this week.

carolaug 11-09-2011 03:08 AM

these are all so interesting...