Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmer's Wife Sampler ending? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-sampler-ending-t148732.html)

Busy Bee Billie 08-30-2011 04:41 AM

please let me know when the next FWS begins again, I would love to jump in. I've done 3 blocks but think it would be fun to do with a group.

Pat from FL and MI 08-30-2011 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
some of the topics are locked because they were posted strictly to provide information. had members been able to add comments, that information would have gotten lost and forgotten because so many people don't take the time to read through a topic before they add their two cents. those topics are locked to prevent them being taken off-track.

the topics that are not locked are there so members can posts comments, questions, pictures, as appropriate to each of those particular topics.

there is no need for confusion or controversy.

a bit of patience would be very helpful, though.

Thanks you SOOO much! That is information I couldn't find anywhere (I'm sure it's there somewhere). Like I said, being new here, I assumed it was my confusion. I have no controvery, at all. Life is much too short for that! Again, thanks for the clarity.

Murphy1 08-30-2011 06:48 AM

You can still access the information. The cutting instructions are fabulous and work much better for me than trying to use the templates on the CD. Honchey did a fabulous job of putting those together for the quilters. Reading many many of the threads I also found it was important to really starch your fabric before cutting and also use a shy 1/4 seam. I hope to start this quilt along with others when they start up again, but the work of the first group, comments and suggestions on the site are so helpful. This is a wonderful support group.

lindy-2 08-30-2011 06:57 AM

i just got the book and am colecting fabric and would love to be part off afarmers wife quilt along

Evie 08-30-2011 07:36 AM

I think the only topics that are LOCKED are the two introductory pages. All of the discussion, photo and rotary cutting pages are still open and being added to. I have them all on "My Pages" to making them easily accessible to me.

grandma sue 08-30-2011 09:43 AM

I've been wanting to start it too. A friend gave me the book and CD but I've just been too scared to start it. How can we access the original tips on it?

QuiltE 08-30-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
I've been wanting to start it too. A friend gave me the book and CD but I've just been too scared to start it. How can we access the original tips on it?

The threads are all here on the Boards still ... use the search function, and you'll find them easy enough!

Pat from FL and MI 08-30-2011 10:05 AM

The threads are all here on the Boards still ... use the search function, and you'll find them easy enough![/quote]

Thanks so much for this information. Everyone here has been so helpful. I do hope a new group starts up, but it's good to know I can still access the info from the first go-around.

QuiltE 08-30-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
The threads are all here on the Boards still ... use the search function, and you'll find them easy enough!

Thanks so much for this information. Everyone here has been so helpful. I do hope a new group starts up, but it's good to know I can still access the info from the first go-around.[/quote]

And you can still post your work to the threads ... and ask questions!

reeskylr 08-30-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by janRN
If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders.

Jan you made me LOL this morning. :D :D :D

Me too!! I could just picture 111 potholders laying all over her kitchen. :mrgreen: