Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Fatrmers Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fatrmers-wife-t144899.html)

oma7 08-13-2011 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Calling all quilters, calling all quilters. I'm sure some of you are on Facebook. Karen Liberman on Facebook started a group of quilters who want to make the quilt "Farmers Wife." Anyone who wants to join can, just look er up and join ther group. Even if you don't want to make the quilt, you can still join in on the chats and meet other quilter from all over. Come and have some fun. These are my first twenty of at least 80 blocks. I'm making my quilt scrappy, just using what I have. Its great to see all the work going on and to talk to others. Come have some fun!

Rose L 08-13-2011 12:39 PM

Thank you for the heads up! I'll be over to join up shortly. I am going to make mine with civil war prints and have been collecting FQ's of that line since spring just for this pattern.

rwquilts 08-13-2011 03:31 PM

We already have a fabulous group here working on the Farmer's Wife Quilt Sampler! Here's the link to the main part and we've been posting our finished blocks two at a time for over a year now...people have been joining and going at their own pace...you are welcome to join us!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57733-1.htm

Some of us are almost done and some even have finished quilts...it's been a fabulous journey!

chatonne40 08-14-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by oma7
Calling all quilters, calling all quilters. I'm sure some of you are on Facebook. Karen Liberman on Facebook started a group of quilters who want to make the quilt "Farmers Wife." Anyone who wants to join can, just look er up and join ther group. Even if you don't want to make the quilt, you can still join in on the chats and meet other quilter from all over. Come and have some fun. These are my first twenty of at least 80 blocks. I'm making my quilt scrappy, just using what I have. Its great to see all the work going on and to talk to others. Come have some fun!

There are many Karen Liberman which one is it?? I have about 20 blocks done and would like to participate in a group that is starting it I will probably redo some of those blocks :-)

happymrs 08-14-2011 06:48 AM

Can you post a link to it for us, please? I am searching FB & it's not coming up, thanks!

oma7 08-14-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by oma7

Go to Karen Lieberman on Facebook and join, or Lets make a Farmers wife quilt site and join.

happymrs 08-14-2011 07:21 AM

I searched both subjects on FB, all kinds of add as a friend links came up on this name, then on the site, it just refers you to blogs & such, not an FB group for it? Puzzling. Am interested, so will wait for more info, lol, thanks for trying!

oma7 08-14-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
I searched both subjects on FB, all kinds of add as a friend links came up on this name, then on the site, it just refers you to blogs & such, not an FB group for it? Puzzling. Am interested, so will wait for more info, lol, thanks for trying!

If you go to the search line in FB, and type in Lets make a farmers wife quilt, a page should come up by that name, its a group page with 120 or so people. click on it and it should bring you to our page. if this doesn't work I'll find out how else to join, sorry for the trouble.

happymrs 08-14-2011 08:33 AM

That worked, thanks & I requested to join! I follow several groups on this quilt & love them all. Just nice to be among other quilters, see all the different ways these blocks are done, & get to know more quilters. Your blocks are lovely, by the way! I have done 10 or more & do some more every once in awhile. Mine are all scrappy, no one fabric type theme...