Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 17 Block 33 Farmer's Wide & Block 34 Fern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-17-block-33-farmers-wide-block-34-fern-t272855.html)

Honchey 12-01-2015 07:11 AM

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 17 Block 33 Farmer's Wide & Block 34 Fern

Hi Everyone, It's time to get back in the groove again for the next several weeks. I hope everyone enjoyed their week off...Now it's Eye Candy time..

QuiltingNinaSue 12-01-2015 08:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Honchey. I am ready to post this week's blocks. I believe we go for two weeks and break...is that right?
Farmer's wife I thought was a generic name...so is my block...[ATTACH=CONFIG]536821[/ATTACH]
I thought Fern was a lovely block...so she is exported as a bigger block so you can see the details better and the litter critters in the corners: [ATTACH=CONFIG]536822[/ATTACH] Sew much fun to make! Now off to do Cinnamon Rolls!

klgreene 12-01-2015 08:44 AM

I am hoping to back back in the groove this week. I'll start with this weeks and work my way backwards to where I left off. So hopefully by next week I'll have a few to show you. Happy sewing. My new sewing room is going to be heavenly to sew in.

katybob 12-01-2015 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, love your blocks. You'll see that red and green floral in some of my blocks, too. These two proved to be easier to put together than I thought they would, even though upon looking at my pictures, I see I could have matched my seams a little better. I followed Givio's lead on Fern and did a little fussy cutting. Now I wish I had more fussy-cutable fabric!
~

janRN 12-01-2015 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks, ladies. QNS I love the fern fabric in fern. Katy, your fussy cutting looks so cute! Here are mine; I left off the outside triangles on FW because I thought the block looks like 4 cats.[ATTACH=CONFIG]536828[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 12-01-2015 10:17 AM

Love your blocks, Katybob and JanRN. The purple in the first and yellow brown in the second one Katybob, gives each square some 'character'. JanRN you do use the batiks so well, and yes, I 'see' the cats. I did fussy cutting in Fern and loved showing off the 'ferns' and critters. Ferns tend to collect critters on them. Like a Highlight page can you find all the critters? That might date me a bit, remembering the Highlight pages.

Honchey 12-01-2015 03:42 PM

Pretty blocks this week...and Jan I love your Batman block!!!:D.. My apologies ahead of time but I couldn't resist...

Pam P 12-01-2015 07:28 PM

Lots of cool fabrics in these blocks! I really like the laundry girl fabric Katybob! I will catch up on mine this weekend.

givio 12-01-2015 08:22 PM

QNS, What a fun job you did with Fern-- with ferns!
Katy, that laundry fabric is to die for! Looove it!
JanRN, I thought about leaving off the outer triangles too. Haven't decided what to do with FW. I don't really like the pattern.

Honchey 12-01-2015 08:40 PM

Just a reminder the 15th is the last new thread for this year..We will resume on January 5th, 2016.. I hope to have some blocks done by then..I did most of my Christmas shopping online Black Friday eve. A new experience for me.. I used to like the hustle & bustle of the holiday but I just can't deal with trying to find a space to park my car anymore..
Have a good day tomorrow everyone...H.