Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-2-alabama-apple-tree-t175195.html)

oksewglad 01-11-2012 09:24 AM

The "latigo" looking paisley is a great start to this week's blocks. Everyone has done a great job in piecing:thumbup: And the fabric selection so varied. Love the Macintosh plaids--a wee bit of Stotch blood there?
Keep them coming, QE is "chomping at the bit" to meet her FWS goals so she can piece these!!

gardnergal970 01-11-2012 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4863961)
Ladies ... you have me envious for your blocks. So nice and sqaure and pointy for all! And what lovely variations on the colours. Soon I'll be back and posting with you.

How is your FWQ coming?

QuiltE 01-11-2012 10:03 AM

OKSGlad .. you bet, I'm a chomping at the bit! I'm keeping an eye on everyone as I push thru the work!! I call them "study breaks" :) I hadn't thought about the Macintosh plaids ... though me-thinks you have been "into" the Scotch!! (stotch??) :)

GGal ... Thanks for asking!! 94/111 (haven't posted the last four yet) ... I'm pacing myself with FWS targets before I can do PC blocks. I've reached the one to allow me to do the 2nd. I can do the 3rd, and the 4th not until I pass 100. However, I can't do any til I get a report done for a meeting on Friday ... then watch out this coming weekend! :)

Leba 01-11-2012 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is mine[ATTACH=CONFIG]302357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]302358[/ATTACH]

JanieW 01-11-2012 03:02 PM

No scotch in me, but I'll have a pint of lager now and then!!

QuiltE, yes I am glad you coerced me into joining this group. I did mutter a few times under my breath when I was making that first block, but it's all good now. I can't wait until you finish your FWS so you can get going along with the rest of us.

Leba,
I am really digging the pink and brown.

Honchey... love your paisley. Hope you feel better.

Mirabelle.. stripes scare me but yours looks so good done on the bias. Also love your "rosy" apples

Gardnergal and Anael... Love your colours. Well done.

Looking forward to more blocks.

JeanieG 01-11-2012 03:35 PM

You gals have been really busy! I don't remember when we have had so many blocks posted on the 1st day of the posting before! They all look just beautiful! I've got the Apple Tree done, but have not cut out Alabama yet! Gotta get at it. I am working on my Orca Bay Mystery, sewing it into rows. Using the border blocks as leaders and enders to my Pony Club Blocks! Moving right along on both!

ArteEmCasa 01-11-2012 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Such wonderful blocks. So different fabrics and color choices. Love them all.
Well, I have only one block done for today, I am still working on my Appel Tree.
Here is my red and white for Alabama:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]302398[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 01-11-2012 08:52 PM

Leba ... two more great girlie-girl blocks there! The horse print really works well, with them dashing off, as though behind the barn or over the horizon. What a nice apple tree! It shows we don't always have to keep with the conventional colours.

JanieW ... A true cowboy, getting into the brew! :) We'll have to find some Canadian Cowboy fabric for our quilts. Wonder what happened to our other Canuck PC Ladies?

ArtEC ... Lovely! Bold and soft all at the same time. And oh so precise!

While I can't be quilting right now ... it's nice to do the virtual quilting with everyone.
This weekend, for sure, I'll be back in the saddle for quality time with my machine! :)

pjnesler 01-12-2012 06:30 AM

Wow - all the blocks are fantastic, I love every tree quilt I see!

Cookie LM 01-12-2012 10:22 AM

Alabama and Apple Tree

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my Alabama and Apple Tree had trouble with the Apple Tree