Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along week 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-13-clover-leaf-captains-wheel-discussion-page-t184185.html)

Honchey 03-27-2012 06:46 PM

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along week 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Discussion Page

It's really very strange how the timing for this week's blocks happened.....Week 13 and Clover Leaf is one of the blocks..I had better luck with Captain's Wheel.

LovingIzabella 03-27-2012 06:55 PM

Ugh! I had horrible luck with the Wheel. I seam ripped four times and the intersections still stink!
I have to finish my clover but I should have that done tomorrow.
Hugs
April

QuiltE 03-27-2012 08:21 PM

That is just too funny, Lucky 13 Week and the Lucky Clover Leaf!!!
Good for you for catching that,
Honchey!!!

I did the Clover Leaf last night and then Captain's Wheel tonight.
Did both via PPing ... and add on another P ... LOTS Of pinning! :)

Honchey ... ??To clarify re Spring Break??
... is it next Tuesday 4/3 that we start our Spring Break? as in no new blocks after tonight until 4/10?

I'm going to try to get caught up during that time ....... though the other day I sadly recognized that tax time is looming (Canada's is 4/30) , and I need to start focusing on that too. Butttttttt I'd sooner be sewing!! :)

And with this, Good Night, one and all!!
Sleep tight ... don't let the bed bugs bite!!! :D

carriem 03-28-2012 03:36 AM

Well I have good news! I have the Captains Wheel block done and all but 2 pin-wheels done on the Clover Leaf! This is the first week I got them started let alone will I finish before the week is out! I have to work today, but will be sewing on Thursday so should be able to finish with no problems. I too did pp'ing and it went pretty quick.

Carrie

QuiltingNinaSue 03-28-2012 07:19 AM

Have most the blocks cut out but not sewn to photograph yet. Busy with the garden duties; helped dh tie up the roses to the fence, and enjoyed the lilac blooms and their smell...our place borders the YY state highway, so roses are on the fence and lilac bushes in 2nd tier. Tulips, peonies, and bleeding hearts border our driveway (on North side) into the house. South side is the orchard and berries. Also cut potatoes for dh to plant...10 pounds of Yukon Gold sets.

Gotta run do taxes tomorrow and finish sorting out papers today.

JanieW 03-28-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5096756)
Have most the blocks cut out but not sewn to photograph yet. Busy with the garden duties; helped dh tie up the roses to the fence, and enjoyed the lilac blooms and their smell...our place borders the YY state highway, so roses are on the fence and lilac bushes in 2nd tier. Tulips, peonies, and bleeding hearts border our driveway (on North side) into the house. South side is the orchard and berries. Also cut potatoes for dh to plant...10 pounds of Yukon Gold sets.

Gotta run do taxes tomorrow and finish sorting out papers today.

The visual I got from reading your description of your garden will get me through many a day, QNS. Wow. I am still looking at mounds of snow with day after day of grey skies and just can't imagine lilacs blooming, but now I can. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for that!

Janie

QuiltE 03-28-2012 08:20 AM

The chinook that JanieW sent here took care of any snow we had. So the last two weeks were like spring ... reaching those high temps, more like summer. NOw this week more seasonal, and hovering around zero, but of course seems warmer with NO snow, not much mud since there hasn't been much rain and the sun shining wonderfully!

I've always loved lilacs, so
QNSue, you've made my day!!! Ours don't show til late May early June ... I wanted them for my wedding flowers but got talked out of them because of the risk that we might not have them. Lucky for me, when I bought my place, the laneway is lined with lilacs. Once they are in bloom, I fill the house with bouquets.

Til I can enjoy them IRL, I'll have to virtually enjoy yours,
QNSue!! Maybe you'll get us some pics of your floral display that the Highway travellers get to enjoy! And your peonies and bleeding hearts are other favourites of mine .... some beautiful old time flowers for sure!

JanieW 03-28-2012 09:17 AM

Ok, QuiltE if you are done with the Chinook, will you please send it back? Pretty please?

I wanted lilacs for my wedding, too. Didn't happen. I am allergic to them but don't care, I love them. One of the streets near us has them planted on the boulevard and they go on for kilometres . I sneeze and wheeze for the entire month of May between the lilacs and the May Day trees, but it's worth it.

QuiltE 03-28-2012 01:46 PM

Oh but you have now sent us the cold winter winds!! :)
I love fresh flowers in my home ... and yes am allergic to some.
Carnations and Chrysanthemums are the worse for me .... and I have one friend that often brings flowers, guess what kind? I never say a word!!! And just ENJOY them anyway. To tell the truth, I have wondered if some of the suffering I did last month was caused by the flowers ... I chose not to acknowledge it as being that!

My favourite that I often buy for myself are lilies, floating in babies breath!! Yellow, or orange or pink .. or whatever! I haven't boughht any for awhile, though I did buy a bunch of potted yellow/rust mottled lilies the other day and then will plant them in my flower beds. The last few years, I've been getting quite a collection of them in the beds!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-29-2012 10:42 AM

6 Attachment(s)
More spring beauties for you'all to enjoy:[ATTACH=CONFIG]323629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323633[/ATTACH]grape hyacinth[ATTACH=CONFIG]323634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323635[/ATTACH] Bleeding Heart, Purple lilac, Magnolia blossom, row of tulips and bleeding hearts this spring, and the Ornamental peach tree.