Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-14-crystal-star-dakota-star-photo-page-t185618.html)

Anael 04-10-2012 11:43 PM

Beautiful blocks! QNS I love your starry fabric :D And Janie and QuiltE, great fuzzy cutting!

Next week..........the curves are doable as long as you mark the 1/4" seam and sew slowly. And of course there's always applique instead of sewing :D

janRN 04-11-2012 04:37 AM

Great blocks ladies-I love Wednesday mornings. So much to see.
Anael, your blocks are so soft and pretty.
QNS, great color contrast in both blocks. Love all the stars.
Janie, your blocks are so pretty and love the fussy cut center in the star.
QE, you pick great color combos.

gardnergal970 04-11-2012 05:04 AM

Honchey...what a great job of fussy cutting. Sorry about the Froggie but you got it right in the end!

Anael...I love the blue you used...and then the green star really pops showing off the beautiful flower in the center!

QNSue...all those stars! They work together wonderfully.

JanieW...I looked close and saw the print in the Dakota Star. So fitting and shows off the main color so nicely and then to use that color for an accent in the other block. It works great.

QuiltE...nice fussy cuttings. I'm sure glad you put the barbed wire in the center of the Dakota Star so no one gets caught on it. As a kid I hated getting through those barbed wire fences since I got caught more than once.

Time to finish my morning coffee and get my blocks posted. The temp got down to 27 degrees F according to the radio report. I'll have to walk up to the garden and what survived.

gardnergal970 04-11-2012 05:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for the week. I'll have to redo the Crystal Star since I mistakenly thought my templates would make it 8 1/2 finished block but alas it's 9 inches and cutting it down just wouldn't work. Both blocks were made with fabrics that I had continually passed over because I just didn't like them...didn't know what possessed me to bring them home...but they worked! I hope in my comments in another thread about fabric colors being pretty forgiving that I didn't sound like I had it all figured out. I get surprised very often. I just ripped apart a Carpenter's Star because it just didn't work like it should have.

wendiq 04-11-2012 06:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've never seen so many fabulous fabrics as are on this site this week! And their use is wonderful......I am almost embarrassed to show mine.....they seem "blah" next to all yours......I really, really want some new "cowboy" stuff...

wendiq 04-11-2012 06:54 AM

Anael...I keep meaning to tell you that I love your "signature comment". I love cookies and that is so perfect....HeeHee. Makes me smile every time I read it. :)

janRN 04-11-2012 08:04 AM

Ggal, I love your blocks. Your colors are different but in a good way-they'll add a spark to your quilt.

Wendiq, great fussy cutting in the Crystal Star--your block sums up the Pony Quilt. Great blocks.

janRN 04-11-2012 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How about some bling?

Termi 04-11-2012 09:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
What fun to see everyone's blocks this week.

Honchey, beautiful crystal star, love that plum color in the middle. Your hats look great!!! So cute! Great job on both!
anael, that's so neat the way you combined the two blocks. The blue is gorgeous, nice job!

QuiltingNinasue, what great fabrics you chose in CS and I love what you did with DS by using three colors. It gives it a whole different look, great job!

JanieW, great fabric in each block. Love that shade of blue. Really like the subtle blue and white farm scene. Your work looks perfect on both!!

QuiltE, ooh, both blocks look wonderful, very very nice contrast and colors. Great job as always!

gardnergal970, the fabric in both blocks works wonderfully well. I've been surprised myself at how fabrics I don't like work and the ones I think will work don't. Great job on both!

wendiq, your blocks are anything but "blah", they're lovely!! Very cute fabric and beautiful colors. Great job on both!!

Well, here are mine. Talk about not knowing if fabrics will work or not. My CS is ok but not as good as I thought it would be.

deranged_damsel 04-11-2012 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine for the week!

GREAT BLOCKS ALL :D