Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-14-crystal-star-dakota-star-photo-page-t185618.html)

Honchey 04-10-2012 01:13 PM

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page

2 Attachment(s)
Crystal Star was very easy for me..I didn't really have a good focus fabric in blue for the star center so I improvised. Dakota star was another story...I didn't like the allover print in the smaller triangles so I fussy cut the hats and I think, no, I know it's too too too....it's staying that way. I wanted the hats to go around every other color...didn't pay attention to the order and sewed them all wrong...Had to take the whole block apart and re-sew it. OHHHHHHHHHHH for the fussy cutting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oksewglad 04-10-2012 01:19 PM

Love the wavy blue fabric in C Star-gives the block great movement, Anne. And the curve of those hats are place so they too make you look all around the block.

janRN 04-10-2012 01:30 PM

I like both of them a lot. Don't be so hard on yourself, Anne (I think we all are like that though). The colors are great and have great contrast; and of course you didn't lose one point!

Anael 04-10-2012 01:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I like your blocks Anne! And as Jan said, you didn't lose a point :D

Here are my blocks for this week:[ATTACH=CONFIG]326858[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]326859[/ATTACH]

I see now I used the same blue fabric in both blocks so now it looks as if it's one block:cool:

QuiltingNinaSue 04-10-2012 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks, ladies. [ATTACH=CONFIG]326869[/ATTACH] Crystal Star. Dakota Star has escaped and is on the loose. Forming up a posse to go look where he might be lost!!!.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-10-2012 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Posse made quick work of finding Dakota Star who was out "star gazing".[ATTACH=CONFIG]326894[/ATTACH]

JanieW 04-10-2012 05:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There is so much variety that gives such different looks to the blocks. I love what everyone has done this week.

I made these blocks several weeks apart and didn't realize, like Aneal that I used the same blue in both blocks. Oh well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326909[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326910[/ATTACH]

carriem 04-10-2012 06:02 PM

WOW! What a great group of blocks. I can't wait to see what others have done.

Honchey 04-10-2012 06:14 PM

Yuck, I didn't win in Bingo tonite.....I didn't have to cause I see a whole bunch of winners right here!!!
Ladies....are we good ??? Yeah...we are!!! Great blocks all of you... H.

QuiltE 04-10-2012 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Honchey ... *pat* *pat* sorry about Bingo not being so kind to you! You already were a winner with those two blocks. Great colours in Crystal ... love the movement from the waves in the points! Dakota is not at all as terrible as you make out. We're hard on ourselves, when we have it in our minds, and it doesn't come together the way we wish!

Anael .,. As always, a perfect pair. Great colours together.

QNSue ... Glad you found that rogue Dakota Star!! Now there's some starry stars. NIce tough to put the three way colour into Dakota.

JanieW ... Great FC and colour coordination to his jeans and shirt. Dakota is ever so pretty! ... So who cares if you used the same fabrics? They'll likely be at opposite ends of the finished quilt.

Everyone's work is so marvelous!!

Me? After catching up, I was so relieved that this week's blocks were kinder and gentler. :)
Though I did peak ahead to next week ... UGH! Curves!!!! :(
**mutters to self** I will endure I will endure!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326927[/ATTACH]