Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 26 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-26-discussion-page-t193457.html)

dublb 07-04-2012 08:04 PM

OK! Those are tiny! I can't wait ta see what ya come up with!

mirabelle 07-04-2012 08:32 PM

My thoughts are with those folks without power, it reminded me when we were hit by Cyclone Yasi and were without power for 10 days, definitely not a fun time.
Hope everybody is cooling down, I am sitting here in a track suit with ugg boots on keeping my little toes warm:D

gardnergal970 07-05-2012 04:51 AM

Mirabelle...stay warm. We have one small window AC on the kitchen window which really helps but the house still gets really hot. We went to a shopping mall yesterday afternoon and came across a mattress set that my DH actually likes so I'm going to try to finalize the deal today. He had been single for many years so there was a big valley in the middle and I have to hang in to the edge to have my own space. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work out.

OKSewGlad...I remember the drought of '88 and I think the crops look worse here than they did then. A couple of fields looked past the silage stage and they had never even tasseled. This heat is so hard on everything a farmer does. I wish you all the best to make it through this summer. It can't be easy.

oksewglad 07-05-2012 06:24 AM

Two of these little ones are going to a local food pantry fundraiser coming up in August. Just have to sew the binding down on them.
Thanks for the care and concern GGal. Yes is does look look 1988 again, and not a thing we can do it but adapt and adjust.

janRN 07-05-2012 07:40 AM

It's been very dry and hot here, too, but last night we finally got rain. And Hail!!!! I've never seen hail this big before--it was at least the size of quarters. And loud!! We have an old house that has aluminum siding (not vinyl) and it sounded like we were inside of a popcorn popper. I was actually afraid the windows would break. And it seemed to last forever-went on for at least 15 minutes without letting up. Few dings on car roof and a large tree down at neighbor's but we were lucky compared to some neighboring communities. Very scarey but we got a few hours of much-needed rain afterwards. Still hot-upper 90's all week. Thank God for A/C.

dublb 07-05-2012 07:48 AM

Some o' Midland got a li'le rain, for about 15 min.s last night. (I didn't.)

QuiltE 07-05-2012 07:49 AM

So this is becoming the weather thread! :D

Farmers are the most optimistic and resilient of folks!!!!

OKSGlad ... ho's production? Farmer friends have been telling me how they are dropping with every shipment because of the ongoing heat. What a wonderful donation to the fundraiser!

MiraB ... totally patriotic to the toes with your UGG boots! :) Just go and curl up in one of your quilts and get warm.

JanRN .. YIKES!! for the hail. Will remember the popcorn popper line everytime it rains/hails here! Glad you were safe and minor issues, compared to what some are facing. Bet Patches was scaaaaaaared!!

One summer when the heat was extreme, we took the calves out of their nursery and tied them to trees on the lawn so they could get the breeze. Wish I had pictures to show everyone ... it was wever so cute! A row of huge pine trees, and at the base of each a baby holstein calf!!!!

Still no rain here ... threatened for yesterday and day before ... and then nothing for at least a week. Well, there was a bit the night before last, but it didn't show as any in the rain guage! That's here ... and not so far away, they had downpours!

Corn is getting spiky (for the city folk, the leaves spike upwards, showing their dryness, as though looking for rain) and soybeans on sandy knolls are drying up. A little rain will help things immensely.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-05-2012 12:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What I have been working on:[ATTACH=CONFIG]346893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346894[/ATTACH]Chains of Love, for Prairie Star Quilts by Julie Larsen, Prairie Star Quilts, Elk Horn, Iowa. Queen size is noted to be 8 wide and 9 down, (93 1/2 by 107 1/2) but my main chain is four wide and measures 92 inches. Unsure how they count the secondary chain ring, then mine is seven and one half chains wide.

But I 'had' to stop and do a few more PC blocks.

oksewglad 07-05-2012 01:32 PM

This is going to be a great quilt, QNS!
How's production? Milk truck driver says every pickup is down except for the fellow who put a swamp cooler in his barn. With 15% energy price hike not sure if that will pay.

janRN 07-05-2012 01:38 PM

I love your quilt, QNS-beautiful colors and piecing. Really neat pattern, too.