Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt- Along Wk 33 North Star & New York Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-33-north-star-new-york-photo-page-t198304.html)

QuiltE 08-27-2012 07:09 PM

Here I am ... your AWOL PC'er! :D
I stopped by to see what's been happening and to subscribe to this week's threads ... but it looks like they aren't up yet.
It seems that I haven't read any of the PC threads/posts for eons ... and took a few moments to peek into this one.

As always you have some beautiful work to delight my tired eyes!
And I see some familiar fabric being worked into the blocks!!!

Then I see this ..............

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5457839)
Are we as a group going to sub blocks for our international buddies' flags??? I think that we should name them also for them. What do you think???

Looks like I have some interesting reading to catch up on!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure what your discussions have been .... but I have been planning all along to find ways to honour each of you in my PC quilt.

Anael ... I may need some help. I have found the Aussie fabric for MiraB, but so far nothing for The Netherlands. :(

USA Ladies ... I've even found some fabric with each of your State Flags!

I'm missing all of you ... and our PC campfire chats!
Hope all are well, and life is being good to you all!
Sincerely, QuiltE

dublb 08-27-2012 07:33 PM

Oh QE, OK came up w/a lovely tulip block ta represent Anael. Ya gotta go & see!

QuiltE 08-28-2012 04:12 AM

You can tell that my brain has gone to mush ... and the days are just a blurrrrrr! :)
Last night when I typed the post, I truly thought it was Tuesday.
Then I went to bed and realized it was NOT!

Just had to let you know, that a rare moment of sanity did come back to me!

Of course, tulips! what else for
Anael ???
Thanks
DublB !!
I'll wait til another time to see what
OKSGlad has come up with ... as now I need to skidaddle!

gardnergal970 09-05-2012 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360418[/ATTACH]

Here is the second for the week. I substituted Dakota Star for North Star

QuiltingNinaSue 09-05-2012 07:49 AM

Beautiful job. It like burst on my screen with lots of color!!! Love it.

janRN 09-05-2012 07:53 AM

Oh my--QNS is right. That block just bursts off the screen. Absolutely love it!

dublb 09-05-2012 08:08 AM

It's so cheerful! I love it! Great job GG! :thumbup:

JeanieG 09-05-2012 10:40 AM

Gardnergal - that Dakota Star is just beautiful! I love those colors together!

carriem 09-05-2012 02:06 PM

Ggal--I like your block and fabric choices. :)

gardnergal970 09-06-2012 04:32 AM

Thanks, everyone. One of my friends was having a garage sale and was selling those really nice craft boxes with handles that easily hold a 12 inch block for $10 with everything that was in them. That's where I got the star fabric which I immeidetly fell in love with and had to use it right away. Some of the fabric isn't my first choice so I'm cutting strips and starting my Bonnie Hunter Scrap Saver's bins. I'm finding that at the end of every sewing session there is something to add to several bins. It takes a little longer but there are no longer those odd pieces that are to big to throw away but aren't enough to do much with. I'm also scrubbing my FQ's again for those that I've just kept passing over and they're getting stripped. With the humidity these past few days, quilting has been sticky business so I've pieced and cut. Weather should cool off soon and I'll get back to finish quilting the two lap size quilts for my DGDs.