Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-5-blocks-best-all-best-friend-photo-page-t177705.html)

QuiltE 01-31-2012 04:49 PM

FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page

"Best of All" and "Best Friend" are our two Blocks of the Week for Week 5!!

Now please show us your originals ... and keep Honchey in eye candy as she rides along out back in the Covered Wagon!!!

oksewglad 01-31-2012 05:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK I'll make the debut blocks. Scarry thought!! Loved doing Best Friend--No PP'ing[ATTACH=CONFIG]307900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]307904[/ATTACH]

dublb 01-31-2012 05:06 PM

:thumbup: These are very pretty blocks!! Your colors are great & nice points!

QuiltE 01-31-2012 05:11 PM

Those are terrific OKSGlad ... pointy and perfectly coordinated on the fabrics!!!
You're really flying along there ... And to think you weren't going to do the PC. Imagine!!! :)

oksewglad 01-31-2012 05:16 PM

Notice the corner blocks on the BF--I like to go to the scrap box before cutting into a big hunk of fabric. I made my HST's, then went to cut my squares. I was 1-1 1/2" block short from the only scrap I had, so I made lemonade and found a close relative. Such is life.

QuiltE 01-31-2012 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4930403)
Notice the corner blocks on the BF--I like to go to the scrap box before cutting into a big hunk of fabric. I made my HST's, then went to cut my squares. I was 1-1 1/2" block short from the only scrap I had, so I made lemonade and found a close relative. Such is life.

Nothing wrong with that ... totally looks as though it was meant to be in the master plan!
Did you manage to save your memory block from the fabric? Though knowing you, it won't be postage stamps but teeny-weeny HST's! :)

JanieW 01-31-2012 05:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Really like your blocks, oksewglad.

The cowboy boots and horses are from fabric that I received in the mail from my best friend, so felt it appropriate to use it this week. Thanks, Bev!

Best of All
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307913[/ATTACH]
Best Friend
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307914[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 01-31-2012 05:47 PM

OMG JanieW ... look at all those fussy cut giddy-ups! A perfect blend with that beige fabric.
And great cowboy boots .... looks like there's some turquoise boots coming in a future block!

How nice of your Best of All Best Friend to have a place in these two blocks ... hope you sent her a picture?
Hey ......... maybe you could lasso her in and get her to saddle up with this motley crew for some good ol' cowboy fun?

dublb 01-31-2012 05:57 PM

Lovely blocks.:thumbup: As another Bev I think that those boots & horses are Great! I agree with QuiltE lasso her!

janRN 01-31-2012 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks-as usual-you guys. Love the fabric in both. Here are mine. I know I lopped off a couple of points in Best of All but my blocks are square. In the pic they look crooked-sort of "fish eye" effect from camera. Thanks for all the inspiration!