Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 03-19-2017 08:21 PM

What a great scrap quilt, OK!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-20-2017 05:32 AM

Wow, you never fail to amaze me OK...You really have those mini quilt scraps down to a fine science. Gret work on this one too.

dublb 03-20-2017 11:26 AM

Wow! OK, It's just wonderful!
I spent today planting.
:)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-21-2017 02:34 PM

Finished the 25th block and squared it up in the Wild Geese Blocks! Hoo-ray!!

dublb 03-21-2017 04:05 PM

Good for ya Sue!!!! :)
I went to Brownwood to the Sew & Share. She doesn't usually open every Tues. (Her normal open days are Fri - Sun.) She does open every other day for Sew & Share as the Brownwood guild meets on the other Tuesdays. Well the guild met this morning instead of in the afternoon so she opened up & there were several of us sewing. I won't make it next week to the normal Sew & Share as we will be having our flooring laid that week, hopefully!

JeanieG 03-21-2017 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like fun dublb. We don't have a quilt shop in our town. Have to drive north (2 shops). The one to the South of us closed at the end of last year. (I did not care for her fabric selections at all, but I did take a few classes there.)

Looks like you are moving right along QNS!!!

I am using the ruler below for SITD quilting on my BH Mystery Quilt. Man does it work well!!!

sewbizgirl 03-21-2017 08:26 PM

Ah, that ruler looks cool. I could use help with my STID. Is it for a long arm only, or will it work for quilting on a domestic?

JeanieG 03-22-2017 10:15 AM

SBG - I use it on my Brother PQ1500S. You need the Westalee Ruler Foot for your machine as it fits perfectly in the middle. I am taking the Crafsty Ruler Class, but she does not mention this ruler. I just happened to see it on the Westalee site. The Westalee Ruler Foot does not "jump" it just skims the surface of your quilt.

sewbizgirl 03-22-2017 01:54 PM

Sounds helpful!

Today I went to lay eyes on a machine that is being auctioned off tomorrow night. It's a Singer 319W, black, their first zig zag model.... It looked and moved great, just needs some needles and a new power cord. I am going to bid on it. It's pretty unusual.

JeanieG 03-22-2017 02:16 PM

Sounds like fun. I still have the first machine I bought when I started working - a Singer 503 Slantomatic. What a great machine, even though I don't use it any more. It has cams that snapped into the top for zig zag and other decorative stitches. It was top of the line at the time. The nice thing about these old Singers, is that you can grease and oil them yourselves. They rarely need service.