Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-29-2014 06:08 PM

It is nice to be in good company...my PC still needs the border put on. It is exciting to know a new quilt book is coming our way...

Thanks for the belated BD wishes...as I told my weekend bfs, dh and I aged another year last January, just like the Thoroughbred horses. (I had a helper once who spelled horses as hourses...yep, related to the principal and paid by the school board!)

janRN 09-30-2014 04:26 AM

Going to be MIA for a few days. Today I'm starting a new Christmas project and I know I'll obsess over until I get it done. Tomorrow going on an all day FART with quilty friends. One of our LQS is closing and she's trying to get everything cleared out and my friends and I are determined to do our part helping. She has everything marked at 70% off. It's a small shop in her remodeled garage but hopefully we'll find some good bargains. Sad to see a shop close but this was more of a hobby for her until her DH retired and now they're moving south. Will also hit another LQS, my favorite since 50% of the fabric is batiks. There are so many different selections, I kind of walk around with my mouth hanging open. Will definitely melt my Discover Card shopping there. Joanne's is on our plans, too. I got a card from them for 20% off all purchases plus a bunch of other coupons for my birthday month. And of course lunch--can't forget that. Since MrJanRn & my friend's DH are golfing all day we can enjoy the time without concerns about getting back home for dinner or something. I'm excited!

Have a good one, ladies--talk to you soon.

Honchey 09-30-2014 01:26 PM

Hmmmm, Christmas already Jan???? you certainly are a busy beaver!!! I'm still cutting scraps for the swaps here on the board...I don't want to wait until last minute plus these are all different from the last swaps I participated in...I have been sewing my teeny tiny blocks in between...I also have been experimenting with different blocks to see how I like them.. I've been playing with EQ7 to find a center block for a RR... I haven't left the house since last Wednesday..DH is hollering at me to get myself out..He doesn't want me to become a recluse...He just doesn't understand that we sometimes just want to be alone to do our thing :D...I am perfectly happy playing with my stuff...:)

Honchey 09-30-2014 04:34 PM

Question, I noticed a difference in the measurement markings on 2 of my Olfa cutting mats..in certain sections of the mat the I/4" & I/8 " are off.. I used 3 different rulers to check.. so now I know why my triangles are off...Any one else notice this???

QuiltingNinaSue 09-30-2014 05:59 PM

We have hit the mats that measure wrong before; and have taken a tape measure with us to buy new mats. Do not put them on hot concrete driveways to 'straighten out' 'cause they do not measure right after that. Caused a 'difference of opinion' between dh and me until he measured the mats...he was right and so was I, it was the mats that did not measure the same.

Hope you all enjoy the email about the North pole recipes of Mrs. Claus. I have loved all the dishes that I have tried of them. Have a notebook of cakes and another of cookies.

Picked the last of the tomatoes today; vines are dead for this year...we have enjoyed them and shared with others who enjoyed them also. Now I really hope to 'live in' the quilt room to finish projects before Christmas...gotta try really hard. So If I remain silent for a while, please understand. Thanks.

dublb 10-02-2014 04:50 PM

I've got an idea o' what center I'd like ta make for a RR whether ta send off o' just make it for myself. :)
Yesterday I took an all day class in which I made a wall-hangin'. It's an applique li'le quilt. I have the background & all borders sewn. All the applique pieces are fused on & ready ta be sewn down. I plan on sandwichin' it & then use either a button hole or satin stitch ta go around the shapes & quilt it at the same time. Appliquilt. :D
Taday just slipped through my fingers. :)

Honchey 10-02-2014 05:21 PM

Hi Bev. I've been browsing thru Quilterscache and a few different sites for a center... I'm thinking a . multifaceted star...nothing has quite caught my eye tho...

dublb 10-02-2014 07:43 PM

This is kinda fun tryin' ta find just the right thing. How many are interested in joinin' us? Or do we know yet.

JeanieG 10-02-2014 08:37 PM

I'm still working on my UFO's, and the current Train Ride Mystery. I'll be starting the Bonnie Hunter Mystery in November, so I'll pass on this project. I'll be here to root you all on though!

Honchey 10-02-2014 08:50 PM

I honestly think that the RR has to be put on the back burner OR those of that want to make one just do it and post your photos here so we can comment or advise (if asked for)...Jan won't be able to do it either...She's been commissioned to do some work for a family member and won't have time...so that would leave us with just 3 ? of us and being we haven't heard from anyone else I think we just might forget it or not?