Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 12-11-2014 08:14 PM

I'm sorry that I haven't been here for a couple o' days. I have been tryin' ta ta git the blocks for a UFO quilted & ready for QAYG. Hmmm do any o' ya remember the Quilt Story BOM several years ago that several o' us did? Well that's the one.

Honchey 12-12-2014 05:20 AM

I am watching the news and saw that Camarillo,Ca was hit by the Pineapple Express (rain/mudslides) I hope that Jeanie is okay...She lives in Camarillo. Highway 5 is closed...I am going to google her address to see where she is to the 5.

TV had scenes of rocks & mud all over the place..I hope she checks in to let us know how bad is it there...

JeanieG 12-12-2014 11:07 AM

Yes, the storm did a lot of damage to the Camarillo Springs area. It is a retirement community that had a large fire on the hillside behind the area last spring. It is several miles from us. Wow, the photos are amazing - a huge rock slide that came down the hillside and was almost as high as the homes in some areas. We had 2 1/2" of rain last night. No one was injured, but some people had to be rescued from their homes.

Thanks for the concern Anne! I'm so glad no one was injured or killed!

janRN 12-12-2014 02:03 PM

Jeanie, so glad you're okay but what a scarey scene! I'm a Weather Channel junkie so I've been following this all along. The pics of the rock slides are unbelievable. Please stay safe!

Happy Birthday to OKSewglad!!

Honchey 12-12-2014 02:42 PM

Yikes, I really need to check out the birthdays more often...

Hoppy Birthday OKSewglad!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-12-2014 06:33 PM

Happy Birthday, Oksewglad!!

JeanieG, so glad you are safe where you are.

I am going to the doctor Monday with my sore foot; On to DM on Thursday. Happiness is seeing it in the rear view mirror as soon as possible, coming back home.

dublb 12-12-2014 07:08 PM

Oh Jeanie, I am so glad that ya are alright. That can be scary.
I am havin' asthma again. :( I have been readin' most o' taday so as ta stay still & do nothin'. That sometimes helps.

Honchey 12-14-2014 08:46 AM

Just checking in...making chicken soup for the "kids" dunch today..They will be putting up my Christmas Tree & decorating it... Going to Delaware tomorrow..helping Dsis with her baking...Her shoulder surgery is taking it's time with all the stretching she needs to do..Still going to PT.. I'll be doing some tax free shopping then come back home on Thursday...I haven't been in a good mood this past week...Too much going on right now & not enough time for my own stuff.... Have a good day everyone....H.

janRN 12-14-2014 09:07 AM

Quiet Sunday planned here (not like I don't have a ton of stuff to do LOL) just watching football. I think everyone is grouchy, Anne--we haven't seen the sun in weeks, it's so dark right now at noon I have all the lights on.

Keep your fingers crossed for me: tomorrow is the day I tell my boss I'm leaving. I'm such a chicken, should have done it before the holidays. No second thoughts though--I'm excited.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

dublb 12-14-2014 09:26 AM

My cousin came for supper & brought his current girlfriend last night. He lives in Odessa but I don't see him very often. He is just a couple o' months older than me. We kinda grew up tagether. He has some wives that I have never met. Hmmmm I think he has had about 5. I know that there was one that was a real witch. Hmmmm I think that was when I lost contact w/him. He had her for about 10 years. I really liked his last wife but alas they are really divorced. His current GF was really nice. Very quiet.