Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 01-22-2013 12:40 PM

Latest update on Bram and Lisa: Bram is doing a bit better. They lowered the morphine a tiny bit and he started to pee, which was a problem because he hadn't done that yet. My DDIL visited them tonight and they both opened their eyes for a moment! I told my DS every drop of pee is a reason to celebrate! For now we're happy though we all realize things can turn for the worst any moment. I'm going to the hospital with my DS tomorrow afternoon and we'll stay there till about 8 pm.

carriem 01-22-2013 12:55 PM

Anael--still praying for you all...especially the little ones.

I got BBs from both Ggal and DD...great job ladies!!

Back to quilting....

mirabelle 01-22-2013 02:45 PM

Anael I hope everything is going better for those precious babies, I hold my breath each time I see your post. Each day they will face challenges and grow stronger.

I tried to take a photo of my block but my camera keeps saying "low light" it is 9am and I have to have the lights on in the house, it rained all night and is still raining.

DH carpools with 3 others that live north of us and they can't get here today as the highway north of town is closed due to flooding. He wasn't due to leave home until 10am to get to the airport by 11.30 but decided to leave early as there is a bridge crossing just south of town that floods and cuts our little town off. Will definitely not be driving to LQS tomorrow, I did a quick run to the grocery store yesterday to top up on fruit and vegetables so I am good for a week or more. I guess there is nothing else to do my hang out in my sewing room:D

JeanieG 01-22-2013 03:30 PM

Ohhh Carrie, such fun to get more BB! I have only 2 more to finish. I had to cut some more pieces last night.

Anael, I sent a card last night, so glad she will be there to get it. Sending more thoughts and prayers for the babies, keep us informed, I know I'm on the edge of my seat every time you post!

Anael 01-23-2013 02:44 AM

Bram is on vibration respiration (don't know if this is what you call it?) to help him breath better. Yesterday the neonatologist didn't want to answer any questions, stating parents don't have to worry about those problems :( My DS was very upset and wants to speak to another neonatologist today. I can't stand that attitude either, makes me very mad. Bram didn't get any morphine to make him pee but he was very uncomfortable so they put him back on morphine. I feel like my whole world is falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it.

mirabelle 01-23-2013 04:51 AM

Anael I wish I could be there to give you a hug, it is so hard going through something like this. Is there a counsellor at the hospital you and your son could talk to.
Keep asking the hard questions because the more informed you are the better, and don't let that doctor fob you off because as parents and grandparents you do worry and you do want to know what is going on. Knowledge of what is happening, gives you the strength to keep going, now knowing makes you worry more.
Praying for good news every day

oksewglad 01-23-2013 08:41 AM

Anael--I'm also oma to a preemie but not as small as your little ones. Check with hospital social services to see if there is a preemie support group. I know they have them here in the US as a cousin (a mother to 2 preemies) is very active in their local group. Each day brings ups and downs--here's hoping everything is looking up! G

Anael 01-23-2013 01:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just came home. Bram needs a lot of time to recover from every procedure they have to do. They should have turned him on his other side today but they didn't as they had to do another procedure and he was exhausted.
Here is Bram: [ATTACH=CONFIG]390205[/ATTACH]

and this is Isa: [ATTACH=CONFIG]390206[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 01-23-2013 02:29 PM

Oh my, what beautiful tiny babies, Anael! Hang in there grandma, get some rest! Interesting use of bubble wrap - just noticed that!

janRN 01-23-2013 02:34 PM

Beautiful babies!! They look nice and pink--that's a good thing! Peeing--a really good thing. Not unusual to need a little help with breathing-premies sometimes "forget". Will keep the prayers coming, they have a long road to travel but they are just beautiful.