Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 05-04-2015 05:11 PM

Today I went ta my LQS & dropped a bundle o' cash. Almost all o' my allowance for the next 2 weeks. I just have a li'le bit left, so will have ta be verrrry careful w/it. I am so excited about it though. I bought some black ta make a border for an orange & grey 4" "Jelly Roll Race quilt", then a grey backin' w/white & yellow triangles for it.
I then bought some fabric ta make another 4" "Jelly Roll Race" quilt for my other DGS. Cars & trucks.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif
Then I bought 2 solid black charm packs for another project.

Honchey 05-05-2015 06:07 AM

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work I go :D Can't wait to be in my element!!!! Catch all of you later!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 05-05-2015 06:15 AM

It is a nice job, Honchey, where you can enjoy yourself and 'play' with sewing machines, meet wonderful people who love to sew. And it gives you $$$ to spend at your favorite QS!

It rained here all night, so puddles of water is standing about; ducks love the weather! Onward into the day to see what all it brings with it. May it be a good one for you.

oksewglad 05-05-2015 07:23 AM

I've missed out on lots of chatter...everyone getting goals accomplished and new ones made.
Carrie..DD will enjoy her quilt..the colors reinforce the modern abstract look.
We'll see what dublb comes up with her allowance buster fabric.
And Honchey hopes to get her Mystery done and plays at work..we should all be so lucky....
Yes, Nina She..how fortunate to be able to get back to sewing..many of us take our eyesight for granted..hope the email went through yesterday..Thanks so much.
I'm trying to get psyched up to clean...being outdoors has left my house in a sorry state..clothes get washed and dried but not folded...dishwasher cleaned but not emptied...oh and cook pans...not to mention unswept floors...you are hearing all my vices when it comes to being a housewife in spring:shock:
But.....several beds are weed free for the moment...darn dandelions are out of the asparagus bed with a few spears showing..I should be able to pick the biggest spears this year as it's year three of this new bed..waiting to plant warm weather crops and annual flowers..frost could still happen in my neck of the woods. Have some trimming to do on the trailing roses I planted last spring. Dug up a couple dozen tulips with their buds nipped off by deer....where are the dogs.....now to find a place to put them closer to the house. They were in the bed at end of the lane near our farm sign. The bluebells are in full bloom..Should dig up some more to put under the tree south of the house...that area is my focus this year as I want to plant native grasses further down the slope..it's been a combination of orchard grass (which clumps) and weeds. The slope is too steep and rocky to mow and visible from the road...was a heifers pasture before we built the house 8 years ago.
Weather channel radar shows rain moving across the state all day..no excuse to clean now....I could sew...no must clean. I can't tomorrow. Emily and I are taking a shopping trip for fabric..Gram is going to oversee a dress making project out of knit fabric...we head to the nearest JoAnn's and Hancock's to see what they have..both have 40% sales this week... Have a good one....

JeanieG 05-05-2015 11:12 AM

I'm still in Phoenix enjoying the grandkids. I'm sewing the blocks together on Mystery Quilt 9 from here on the board. I like how it looks, thinking about making it bigger.

We are going to Tucson tomorrow to visit a friend, then leave here on Saturday to head for our RV campout with our group back in California, near San Diego.

Weather was really hot, 103* last week, but has cooled off into the 80's this week. Be glad to get home to cooler weather. It is often foggy in the mornings, sometimes all day in May and June where I live.

dublb 05-05-2015 08:15 PM

I'm not sure where taday went. LOL I did regular things around the house & then suddenly it was time ta go & git my DGN. After we did his work & his DM picked him up I finished my current book. I"ll start another tamarrow as I sit in the car waitin' ta pick him up. I have ta get there early & get a good parkin' place or by the time I walk up there ta get him they have taken him ta the office. (That's what happens when ya are "late" pickin' him up.) Sigh there is just a very small window that I can pick him up. Anyway I usually have about 20 min.s ta read. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-06-2015 04:20 AM

Our children watched us read and started reading at an early age; had wonderful vocabularies through out their schooling years. Would not challenge them in any word games. Nice to have a few minutes in the day to relax, Dublb, and read or enjoy the scenery. Always found it interesting to watch parents and kids of all ages. . . and reflect on our own memories. Who is your favorite author?

Trying to 'downsize' my things; Ronda says she will take my embroidery storage bins and projects not yet begun for her 'craft' room to do for me. Have not touched them in three years or more, so she will meet me half way between us and move totes and bins and things over to her car. Too much to ship to her. One step at a time. If she wants a quilt made from the cross stitch embroidery quilt blocks, I will set them together for her. Lots to do today, I will not be bored any time today...but then I haven't been bored too many days of my life.:) May the day be a good one for you.

janRN 05-06-2015 04:30 AM

Just got caught up on all of yinz--what a busy group. Aren't we blessed to be able to do so much? It's been busy here but so much fun. DGD is a senior in high school, graduating in a few weeks. We've been to her final school play, she's been in school plays since 9th grade. She's great on stage, great voice and certainly not shy but she CANNOT sing LOL. So this year in Beauty & the Beast she played a fork LOL--the play was so great and the kids all so talented. Her Prom was last Friday. She wore the dress MrJanRN bought her on their trip to China picked out by his former co-workers wives. It was a changseom (can't spell it), satin embroidered with high neckline, form fitting knee length with a slit--gorgeous, and she wasn't half naked like some of the other prom goers. Wow--what are they feeding girls these days?? I didn't have cleavage until I was pregnant!!

No sewing here for the past week or so, hope to get to the Bat Cave for awhile. Altho the bright sunshine is telling me I should clean my windows!

Honchey 05-06-2015 06:21 AM

You're not the only one that need their windows cleaned...The leaves on the tree outside my kitchen window haven't come out yet and it is very sunny & bright..too much so now I can see how spotted they are..Yuk.

I am a little sore today..fibro is acting up and I was lifting trade in machines to be tested to see if they work..some real oldies... 2 out of 4 don't work...I might be interested in one of them. maybe.. price has to be right.. Why do I have to get another machine is beyond me...four more to check out today...My boss was very happy to see me..Yeah! she had my day planned for me..work, work, work .
I forgot my purple fabric so I couldn't cut the borders for my mystery....I did manage to sew some blades from an old project I started. it's a 12 blade kaleidoscope Dresden. I have a couple of the plates done.. novelty fabric (colored cats on red background) have to make yo yo's for the centers. I'll do them in green..It will be a very colorful top!!!
Oh well, time for my second cup of coffee and then unpack some of my stuff from my trip home then it will be time to leave for work..
Have a good day all. H.

oksewglad 05-07-2015 07:50 AM

Oh windows....walked into the house and saw such dirty windows looking out over the dining room table.....maybe for another day.

How lucky to have an imported silk prom dress...kudos to GpaJanRN for enlisting a feminine angle to the selection.....

Our shopping trip was successful...Emily found the fabric she liked right away...she has gotten to be such a grown up...was fun to spend the afternoon with just her..got her home in time for her to get ready for her concert...she sang a duet part...she was kind of excited as she sang it solo at practice and surprised everyone with her booming voice with many compliments afterwards. Her school is big on building self-esteem...not giving it, but building it. Found 2 pairs of Naturalizer shoes on sale...my favorite brand of shoes..they fit and they last, so will be a while before I have to go shoe shopping...yeah I hate to shop...except for fabric.

Stopped at farm fleet...dropped $$ as I purchased farm fly control products as well as some Corrid (for candidiasis treatment and control). Then had to stock up on nuts...much cheaper than grocery store and will last until Christmas...I let the kids snack on almonds and walnuts..

Good for you, QNS, to recognize what one can accomplish and then find a good home for those you would rather not do. A feeling of good when some of the clutter gets reduced...I need to do the same...I cleaned out some used clothes I was keeping for upcycling...Let someone else do it.....

Glad you can enjoy sewing time on your RV trip, Jeanie..share your mystery quilt when you are done...please...

Hope the body is doing better, Honchey. Does weather changes affect the fibromyalgia?

Trying to decide what to do today...think I will go dig some blue bells to transplant...best time to do it as the foliage dies back and you can't see where they are a month from now....off I go.....have a good one...