Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 05-31-2015 10:32 AM

Jan - that reminds me of my early days in decorating my homes. In the mid-60's the hot colors were teal/green combinations. Then in the early 70's they shifted to orange/yellow/brown. Anyone else remember those colors. They were so colorful, and I loved them at the time. I think you get tired of bright colors, I know I did, then went to more neutral colors with colorful accents that one could change easily.

carriem 05-31-2015 10:59 AM

Jan--I can't take credit for the color choices on the tulips...that top was made by the grandmother of one of the ladies my husband works with. I did find the backing at the LQS to match though. :)

oksewglad 05-31-2015 11:12 AM

Here is a link for more info. There is also a FB page...

ttp://www.alliowashophop.com/

It would be great to meet up, Carrie, but afraid my month is full. DH and I are on a week business trip to Ohio. We come home to family company and then county fair with 4-H, guild, volunteer commitments. Before hand I have so much to get down...need to have house cleaned before we leave...our newest Grand will be here to greet us. Then there's garden and lawn work... never ending...that being said we still need to have a get together!

Just came in from weeding and a bowl flu of radishes, last night cut second cutting of kale, will have spinach in a day or two...romaine is looking close too...later...

QuiltingNinaSue 05-31-2015 11:32 AM

OK, you may be talking about the "passport" book that has all the QS in Iowa in it. Also awailable on line at www.AllIowaquiltShop.com.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-31-2015 11:47 AM

Ooops it posted already! I have made copies for each lady going tomorrow with me. In case you want to keep the booklet passport in its whole condition, you can mail in the copies of the passport and keep the book 'whole'.Yes, the book is $5.00. Map of the different regions is on their official page, well as the name of each shop, location, telephone numbers and hours in which it is open. I have transferred the division lines to an Iowa Map...two of them in fact. One is larger print and easier to read. Fons and Porter of Winterset is not part of it....and other shops there are not on it as well....for whatever the reason.

Also you can 'like' them on face book and get emails direct from the AIQSH people.

JanRN, I have printed off all the block 'models' , the paper piecing and the templates and put them into a note book in protective plastic pockets, one block at a time. With 99 total, I did 33 of each at a sitting, spreading out the job over 3 different days.. . and keep my sanity that way. Yes, I had Honchey email me a list of the 'worst' books, which is less than 16 out of 99...easy to substitute. On the model blocks I highlighted how each was sewn together....will be doing most with pp I think....but I use the templates to cut each piece to 'fit' into the paper piecing piece, wo no wasted fabric. It does take a little more time, but makes it easier in the end.

oksewglad 05-31-2015 11:53 AM

The passports are available on line...the magazine is in the shops.

Not in a good mood...had to repair my newly transplanted sweet pea..d*** dogs dug up very close to it...DH had just put rock mulch in the area in front of the shed too......excuse my French...frustrating when it looked so good and in a quick moment it needs repair...later going to try to chill out for a while...

QuiltingNinaSue 05-31-2015 12:00 PM

right. The fabric for this year is read, white and blue and will be going fast off the shelves. sorry about the dogs ruining your flower bed after all that work, Ok. The site you and I listed is 'not available at the moment. bummer.

Honchey 05-31-2015 05:37 PM

Jan, they are only "involved" because they have a ton of little pieces..You're up for it aren't you?? :D I have all my FWS30"s already packed I won't be doing anything with it until the 6th of June.. too much to do..

OK, Sorry about your sweet peas... What's this about page 12 in a magazine????

I'm tired from answering questions all day..all non Viking questions..I have to go in again tomorrow for a 1/2 day.. DH is taking my car for inspection. I hope they allow it to be done early..then I can take my Nellie Bell to NC this week...sitting on pins & needles about that..
Have a good day tomorrow everyone. check in tomorrow..H.

carriem 05-31-2015 05:56 PM

Jan--I have been printing my pp'ing patterns 10 at a time...just have 30 done so far...I've been working on finishing stuff in my sewing room. It really doesn't take *too* long. :)

OK--that is really too bad about your sweet pea. That's one thing I am thankful our dogs don't do...dig. The only time they are allowed is when we go out on the boat and stop on a sand bar.

Honchey--it was nice of you to work today and tomorrow. Hope you get a good night's sleep!

My friend in FL will be joining us for the new FW quilt....she is coming to visit me later in June for pp'ing lessons....can't wait to see her again!! :)

dublb 05-31-2015 05:59 PM

Thanks ya'll for bein' so supportive. :)