Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-11-2015 04:09 AM

Working on tomatoes today. Could have worked on the Pinwheel on point more yesterday, but was too tired from staying up on Sunday evening...to watch a TV program. I started on it and turned it off and went to bed. late for me.

Everyone take care. Have a good day.

carriem 08-11-2015 05:17 AM

I have peach/raspberry crisp in the oven. Getting ready for day 2 of school...

Honchey 08-11-2015 08:31 AM

I want some!!! send some my way!!!!

Bob & I are now waiting another week before our departure for NC... Dson has his youngest for a week..no summer camp so we want to help out during the day...

janRN 08-11-2015 08:34 AM

Just checking in. Things in JanRnland are in chaos. Trying to get ready for major bathroom redo. It's the main bathroom in the house, just have a powder room and shower in basement (my house is really old). Have a tentative start date and have started moving some things out but other things have to wait until the last minute. Also have to pack up all my fabric into storage boxes because MrJan has to repair the ceiling in my sewing room after a small roof leak last winter. Again trying to wait until the last minute so I can sew in the meantime. I have 2 projects ready to quilt on the Sweet16, which is downstairs but I'm saving those to do while I can't work upstairs. Do I sound manic LOL? I cannot deal with clutter or things out of place--get major anxiety attacks and right now it looks like a tornado went thru here. Maybe I'll just go shopping!!!

Hope everyone is well; I haven't posted much lately but have been following all of yinz.

Honchey 08-11-2015 09:40 AM

Shopping is a good idea Jan :D

oksewglad 08-11-2015 01:16 PM

I hope to take pics of my minis in progress...dare I call the MIP's....some are so so....
Took my brother to Ortho MD this a.m.....xrays look good and no return visits. I'm bushed as MD was 90 minutes from here, and then home...going to go play in fabrics....have a good one...thanks for the dessert Carrie...

QuiltingNinaSue 08-11-2015 04:15 PM

Who would pay Hoffman for digital printed fabric, cityscapes....repeats after 5/8 yard....at $14.95 per yard? Creekside in Clive, Iowa, has a bolt of it...

Carrie, the dessert sounds good.

JanRN, I hope your remodel goes smooth and double quick....I do not like to have things torn apart, and that feeling of ....Where, o where is it?

Honchey, received your message on QB messages which quoted what I said, but no word in it from you....is that what you meant to send?????

No tomatoes done today after we picked them up...had more running errands to do, so first thing tomorrow, I start on the tomatoes. Will pick up more on Thursday....the last batch to do.

janRN 08-11-2015 05:16 PM

Looking forward to seeing your MIPs OK. Question: when doing Flying Geese, how do you keep them in a straight line unless you paper piece them? I needed 10 in a row; the first 3 lined up fine but after that they kept turning until they looked drunk. Is it pinning or stitching I'm doing wrong?

To add to my whine from my above post: we also ripped out all the carpeting in the house. There are hardwood floors but we've had pets and the owners before us had pets. The floors are terrible but I have to live with them until spring. Covered the worst spots with area rugs (that don't match LOL). I need a Xanax.

Honchey 08-11-2015 05:29 PM

Nina, sent you a PM... there was a problem with QB earlier and they had to fix it..I couldn't get back on...

Jan, are you trimming them to the correct size ?.. Are you pressing them ?... Maybe they're turning because of bias? Maybe you need to alternate which side to sew the triangle to? I don't like flying geese....

Are you going to refinish the floors in the spring???

dublb 08-11-2015 05:43 PM

Well this has been one heck of a day & it ain't over yet! I spent this morning trying to get some things cleaned up so that when we go to Brady they are all done. I usually so a li'le bit each day. LOL Anyway lunch time came real quick. Long before I had finished all the stuff I wanted to get done. After lunch I did a few more things then about 2:00 DH & I started looking for Blue to take her to the Vet. (The reason we were waiting to go to Brady was so we could run this errand.) Well we couldn't find her. We looked in all her usual places, then in her unusual places. Then in places we have never found her. After a bit we started lookin' in places that were impossible. We opened the hall hot water heater/ heater closet. She wasn't there but the hot water was leaking! OK we quit looking for Blue & went to buy a hot water heater. Gosh! Those gas hot water heaters have sure gone up! (We bought one at the old house about 4 years ago & they have doubled in price!)
Once we were home I started looking for Blue again while DH started dealing w/changing the hot waters out. Well after a bit I found Blue. She was in the bathroom linen closet! It has 3 sliding doors. I guess when we looked there before she just quickly ran to the other side as we opened each door!
Well once DH got the hot water heater ready to drain I happened ot look in & I noticed that what little water that was in the bottom of the floor wasn't draining out the drain that is in the bottom of that closet. What good is a drain in a hot water closet if it doesn't drain! So I have called Roto Rooter for that drain. It has to be able to drain. In the mean time DH hooked up a water hose to the old water heater & it drain into the yard. I put Blue into the guest playroom 'cause I sure don't need her to get out now!

Eventually DH & #1DSon got the hot water heater changed out & the roto rooter guy came so the drain is working now. We will take the cat to the vet tomorrow. I will finish my stuff tomorrow aslo. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif It was funny at Home Depot. I was holding the flat cart as DH tried to put the heater on it. I had one foot pushed on the bar for leverage & the other on braced on the cement floor. As Dh tried to put the heater on the cart it moved backwards on me. My back foot was just sliding backward. DH said "Stop moving the cart." I told him it wasn't my fault the heater was stronger than I was. He just started laughing at himself. (Laughter is one of his ways of apologizing!)
Once we were home I was not looking forward to helping DH install it. I am so glad that #1DSon got off of work before it was drained. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif
(I guess we won't head out to Brady till Thurs as we still need to take Blue to the vet tomorrow & I still have stuff to do around here!)
I wrote a book again. LOL