Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Rosyhf 08-29-2015 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7300806)
A perfect start Rosy...did you know there are threads for every week with block pictures? Here's the link to the first week
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...y-t174350.html

I just took a trip down memory lane and must pick this up again..not sure where I left off...

Yes girl, I go find the thread and have a heck of a time finding them...but do find them then I save the links up to week 10, I think. This way I get there quickly and I do look at all the blocks and then decide which way I want to go and I feel like I am in company. I think I'll do a couple more today and try to get up to speed with the one we are doing now.

Rosyhf 08-29-2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 7300916)
Great blocks, Rosy. Really neat fabric--I've never seen some of those.

OK you would have loved the LQS I visited--tons of mini print fabric. Not leading you into temptation LOL......

Jan, lol don't need temptation. I don't buy anymore as I have enough and no more room to store. All things must have their storage area lol. I also do dolls and paint and knit, so I have to be organized and stop when I run out of room. These fabrics are quite old, some of them come from Walmart by Spring Mills. SM make a nice fabric and every now then I would see a great novelty fabric at WM. I got Elvis, the Indians, and some birds and other gorgeous fabrics there years ago. Normally I will fussy cut some of these for the pic.

Rosyhf 08-29-2015 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished Alabama, will stick with the same fabric theme. I will stop now and go do a little knitting with the puppies, they are waiting ...fabric does weird things sometimes. I cut very carefully and sew precise and yet I see a little pulling at the bottom. I will block that out tomorrow tho.....

dublb 08-29-2015 05:08 PM

OMGosh! Rosie, those are fantastic! If ya keep this up ya will get me inspired to finish mine. :)

dublb 08-29-2015 05:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Honchey I think I have some pict's of when I made one of my Jelly roll race quilts. It may take me a bit to get 'em all loaded.
Take a half Jelly Roll (20 to 24 strips) & 2 yards of a contrasting fabric cut into 2.5" strips. Join the jelly roll into a strip set by sewing all fo 'em end to end. Do the same for the contrasting fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529200[/ATTACH]
Cut 9 to 18 inches off the end of one of the strip sets.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529201[/ATTACH]
(I have a more pict.s so stay tuned.)

dublb 08-29-2015 05:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529202[/ATTACH]
Put the 2 strip sets right sides together & sew all the way down the side.
If ya were to put the 2 end together they would line up this way & we don't want the contrasting fabric to be sewn against itself.

dublb 08-29-2015 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529204[/ATTACH]
Find the center of the strip set & cut it. Then bring the bottom of one strip set to the top of the other set.
See how the line up now?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529205[/ATTACH]

dublb 08-29-2015 05:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529206[/ATTACH]
Now sew down the sides of these 2 sets like before.
It won't line up so cut this little bit off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529207[/ATTACH]

dublb 08-29-2015 05:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Cut the center again & sew the 2 new strip sets together again...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529208[/ATTACH]
& again...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529210[/ATTACH]

& again... till it is a good quilt size. (If ya were to cut it one more time it will be too narrow.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529211[/ATTACH]

dublb 08-29-2015 05:45 PM

One end will have the contrasting strip & the other end will have the Jelly Roll strip. Take the Jelly roll strip off that end. (This way the 2 ends will have the contrasting fabric for a border.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529212[/ATTACH]
Square the sides up. Then sew a 2.5" border strip down both sides.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529213[/ATTACH]
Finished quilt!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529214[/ATTACH]