Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 12-05-2015 02:05 PM

Just got home from my first day in the shop, solo....a busy day...I sold an embroidery sewing machine....also called the owner 2 or 3 times...but they were necessary calls...
Now to put on a cup of tea...

janRN 12-05-2015 02:43 PM

Thank you, Anne--that would be awesome if you'd check for me and let me know.

QNS I like your thinking about pics on the outside of storage boxes. The only box I have labeled is Christmas Stuff and the others I have to open to find what I need (except the Box That Shall Never Be Opened--I never look in there).

Bev & Rosie, glad you're both feeling better. I still have occasional vertigo (taking clothes out of the dryer triggered it) but I have MrJan loading the dishwasher for the first time in our lives--may have to play this one for awhile LOL.

OK, get that cup of tea and put your feet up. Good job working on your own already--knew you could do it!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-05-2015 03:58 PM

Ok, the Dewey Decimal system would never work, I will have to use the Library of Congress system. I have too many articles and folders for Dewey...I am laughing giggling as I say this. LC divides down into smaller classes of subjects, and is used at the University levels. Waco U. of Texas put away every day the same number of books, that we had in my junior high for a total book collection..:o I think I might have three or four hundred,at least, of quilt patterns saved up and yet to clip.

JanRN, there is an outlet for sports fabrics on line that participates on the FabHopShopevery month. will try to get the site found and sent to you for more fabric to choose from.

Everyone take care. Made some excellent Chili and cornbread tonight. Yum.

JeanieG 12-05-2015 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7395220)
I laughed to myself as I thought.....sounds like a librarian.....Have you figured a Sewey decimal system?:)

Got my laugh for the day OK! So funny! :D

Honchey 12-05-2015 05:36 PM

Ha Ha Ha , Sewy Decimal System!!! Hooray for you OK !!! What brand of machine was it? ..Curious.

Jan, I finally got Bob to make the coffee every morning...

Rosyhf 12-05-2015 06:14 PM

omg, I wish I was with you Jan, that would not have happened. What a rude disgusting person.....

QuiltingNinaSue 12-06-2015 06:45 AM

Finally got it, OK. Sewey Dewey or a Sewey Congress Classification system. Makes one smile a little more.:o Good job on your solo day. Now maybe you can go to Market Days with the owner and see all the new ideas and trends that is coming...and see the new fabrics first.

oksewglad 12-06-2015 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7395344)
Ha Ha Ha , Sewy Decimal System!!! Hooray for you OK !!! What brand of machine was it? ..Curious.

Jan, I finally got Bob to make the coffee every morning...

She sells Baby Lock...it was an Ellure..one of the buyers concerns was if the embroidery plug ins she already has would work with the machine....which it did...she had been in earlier to really check the machine out...

I've been sewing on a Symphony at work...Have only straight stitched and used walking foot...which I don't have...biggest drawback for me was sewing on a unfamiliar machine without a manual...good thing I have been sewing for a year or two..

MrOK will be gone for most of this week so I will be a farmer for a couple of days...my boss takes this into consideration so work Friday and Saturday...Gotta get stuff packed for MrOK's trip...

dublb 12-06-2015 11:22 PM

I feel better each day. I bet DH & I take another load to Brady on Tues. I have been sewing today. :)

Honchey 12-07-2015 05:24 AM

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go... :) I finished sewing 2 tops yesterday for my "kids" they are of "Creeper" from Minecraft..I hope to get them sandwiched at work today...