Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 11-29-2012 07:38 AM

What fun to hear about everyone's projects past, present and future! It's a joy to compare first quilts isn't it? DD has the one I made her-GD sleeps with it. Has an old blanket for batting and is tied.
Thanks for the complements on the shirt quilts. Plan is to use the bigger squares first then work down to the smaller leftover pieces. Four patch will be just Emily's skill level. She does pretty good with the 1/4 inch foot on the Janome machine. Some of Dad's shirts were still pretty good, and the first cut was the hardest, but then it gets easier.
GFG is a quilt I'd like to do--maybe some day.
Hope everyone can get some sewing done today and everyday! QB's are coming today--we're working on the Tankini pattern. Now 3 of us sewing as another friend has retired from her day job; lot's of chatting done. W hasn't quilted in a while so she has lots of questions--glad she feels she can come to L & me for the answers. Gotta dash and get things set up.

dublb 11-29-2012 09:57 AM

OK is gonna have fun taday!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-29-2012 11:17 AM

good news, OKsewglad!! Its fun to share quilting with friends. I have made it into the quilt room....just checking in on QB PC site before starting up after lunch.

Honchey, I hope its O.K. with you, I have opened up a "Santa Sue" list for Christmas if any PC rider wants a little package of Christmas Cheer mailed their way. Just a few of the Cowboy cookies and an 6 oz jar or two of homemade jam...but everyone must send a private message to me and include the address they want me to use for them...first come, first served. When they are gone, they are gone. With little family and friends left, it makes the Holidays a little more cheerful to share with others. Happy Holidays, PC riders!!

dublb 11-29-2012 12:17 PM

Isn't QNS the best???

JeanieG 11-29-2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5687872)
Isn't QNS the best???

Absolutely, dublb!

QuiltE 11-29-2012 02:02 PM

OKSGlad ... great quilts filled with memories are coming!! Looks like you have DFIL's shirts for years, to be planning SO many quilts! How FUN to have Emily assisting. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress and all the ones you create. Would I be right to suspect we'll see some mini's from the leftovers when you cut the blocks? Tankini's? as in bathing suits? or is there something quilty that I am obviously oblivious to? I had no desire on the GFG til I was trying to figure out what to take as a hotel project when I went to The Royal. Didn't do any there (knitted instead) ... then started working on id it when I was away last week ... will be a good "road" project!

CarrieM ... thanks ... I need all the inspiration and help in knowing what to do with this. I'm somewhat winging it!

JanRN ... Oh how special to have your first quilt! Oh please do show us a picture!!! :D

DublB ... yes QNSue is THE Best!

:D QNSue ... did you hear that? you are THE Best! :D

mirabelle 11-29-2012 02:16 PM

QNS What a wonderul gift for everyone, I really have to move to the US or Canada:p

Spent last night in the sewing room and made my first bonus block, e-mailed it to my DD for her opinion and in her words "That's so pretty and so you Mum" so hope everyone likes it. Sorry so peeking yet.

Might drag out my GFG and take of a photo of the progress I have made on mine, I don't think there is a lot left to do, but you know something else always takes over and for the past few years have not had a lot of time to sit and stitch on it. I think I started it about 5 years ago.

But first must do some housework:thumbdown:

QuiltingNinaSue 11-29-2012 02:28 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We are international, not just a nation of USA...and that makes it very special to me...there are no boundaries in our virtual friendship in this PC and QB site.

I have been know to post to all....Mirabelle, and Anael, Brazil...wonder how the latter is doing??

QuiltE 11-29-2012 02:44 PM

MiraB ... oh please do, drag it out ... and back into action.

QNSue ... that's sweet and special the way you have been all-inclusive for those of us out-of-country! It really does warm my ♥ everytime I think of how we have all bonded together.

I visualize all you ladies busy in your Santa's Sewing Workshops, creating these Bonus Blocks!
Oh the fun and surprises they will be ... will be like waiting for Christmas morning, indeed!!!!! :D

dublb 11-29-2012 03:39 PM

I spent several hours last night pressin' my charms till they are cardboard, so that I can use my bonus blocks for my ender & leader project. Might as well git started.:)