Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 02-05-2013 08:25 AM

GG, thanks for the link. I downloaded the first block!

Bev, baking soda would do the trick too, so I read on the internet.

janRN 02-05-2013 09:52 AM

Thanks, Ggal; I get the JB newsletter but skipped this one. I do like this quilt. As for y-seams, I think the whole thing can be paperpieced and so avoid those but I didn't read enough of the pattern to make sure. I have a few of her border print fabrics, love them, but have been afraid to cut into them. Can't imagine keeping all those straight lines, matching seams, etc,. and getting the block to look like she does.

I'm still drawn to the Compass Star Blocks from Quilting on the Square website that we talked about earlier. I tried one of the blocks and they go together nicely but they're still challenging, especially fabric choices. Can we keep this project in the running when we decide what we're doing next?

I just started cutting a new table runner pattern from Pam Bono. Have any of you done one of her patterns? It took me 1 1/2 hours just to cut the background fabric!!! It's all straight cutting, then cutting subsets. I have 6 more fabrics to cut then I can start figuring out how these bazillion pieces go together. I've only done one block by PB and it went together easily after a lot of cutting so fingers crossed on this one!

Honchey 02-05-2013 09:56 AM

QNS, Your FWS quilt is gorgeous to say the least...what a great accomplishment...Kudos to you....

I wouldn't mind doing the JB blocks...I think I would make it easy on myself and do it in batiks...Bonus blocks are the last of my fussy cutting for awhile....
I like to keep my hands busy while traveling so I whipped up a little something for each of you doing the bbblocks. I just finished the last one today so now I hope to have everything in the mail tomorrow afternoon. I want to thank all of you that stayed on this journey...without you we would have never got to the trail's end...now all we have to do is decide on the next road trip.....H.

carriem 02-05-2013 10:16 AM

Jan--I agree the Compass star should still be another option for our next group project. I am with Honchey that I will probably not use a border print but rather something more random and just see what I come up with on the JB one.

Today I am having to spend some of my sewing time designing cards...one down, one to go...back to work so I ca SEW!! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-05-2013 11:21 AM

Thanks, Honchey, and all the others who flipped over to the picture page. Your words were very nice to hear, true companionship of the journey we made together. Not the best of photos in detail unlike the other note worthy FWQ posted. Did try to find original posts of finished tops, but failed there too. Thanks, QuiltE, for being my cheerleader, comments are leaving me blushing...I am D. glad its done...except for the borders. I did post little more detailed photos in the picture section.

Seems everyone is pointing at the Compass Star...

Anael 02-05-2013 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look, Isa is using her flowery snuggle:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393315[/ATTACH]

Anael 02-05-2013 01:00 PM

For those who want to practice feathers: http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/
All 7 handouts can be downloaded.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-05-2013 01:34 PM

Anael, what a nice flowery snuggle; I think she has put on some weight. Nice to get updates on the preemies.

I have discovered a talented Iowan designer who has recently published her quilt book called " Colorful Quilts for playful kids" and I have been in the Construction Zone all day. The book is by Janet Pittman. I am thinking about DGS, But this site has young Mothers and Grandmothers that might want to take a look for girls and boys patterns.
I found it at the QS on Monday when I picked up the FWSQ. Love it.

Carrie, does your QS carry the surgical steel quilting pins?? They are very thin and very sharp; you can sew over them or press over them.

JanRN, what you said is also true. Whatever the group wants to do, I am with you'all 'cause I truly enjoy the crowd on this site.

Anael 02-05-2013 02:31 PM

Thank you QNS and yes, they both have gained some weight. Not much but they did!
Latest update: Isa is doing ok, Bram is back on the vibration ventilator. He was too exhausted to keep breathing on his own. His lungs are a bit stiff and that makes it harder to breath Isa is still on the ventilator. Tomorrow they will do another ultrasound to see whether the ductus is closed.
My DS and DDIL had a meeting with the neonatologist who asked them if they realized the condition of Bram and Isa is still critical and will stay that way for a while. Being positive all the time while in the NICU the nurses were afraid they were not fully aware of the situation. My DS and DDIL told her they do know but because of Bram and Isa they try to be as positive as possible while there.
I'm going to try and get some sleep now, hope all will be quiet tonight!
CU all tomorrow.

carriem 02-05-2013 02:46 PM

Anael--thanks for sharing more pictures and updates. :)

Jan--How is your tablerunner coming along?

QNS--I am not sure on the steel quilting pins...I can check. I know we have glass head and flower head ones.

I didn't get as much quilting in as I wanted, but there's always Thursday...I work tomorrow.