Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 03-01-2013 02:28 AM

Hi everyone, I am home after spending 2 days with DD, will catch up on the chatter tomorrow,, wow there's a lot:D

janRN 03-01-2013 05:26 AM

Carrie, I love your finished PC quilt. I really like the layout you chose. I may try something similar, but smaller, with BB blocks. Your setting triangle color makes all the blocks stand out. Great job!
Who's next at the finish line?

JanieW 03-01-2013 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh man. I can't keep with you guys. So many great pictures of puppies and purses and quilts. What a diverse bunch we are.

DD so so sorry to hear about your dog. I am a huge dog lover and always feel sad when I hear that someone loses their pet. Those puppies are so adorable and so lucky to have your family . I have a question about your preference for your mystery block. The link to bumblebeans says "page does not exist" so I am not sure what you want us to make for you.

Gardnergal which type of muslin? bleached or unbleached?

JanRN glad you are feeling better. Hope all is good with you now.

Honchey I love all that "mindless sewing" you have been doing. Sometimes that the best as we get lots done without taxing the brain. Your blocks are super colourful.

Carriem I love your purses. I am too chicken to make a purse, but always like to see what other adventurous people can create. Nice colours.

QNS I always love reading about your adventures. Your days are always busy.

DublB Another machine! Wow. I just sold a treadle that I was "encouraged" to buy a few years ago. I didn't really want it, but a bachelor friend of ours wanted me to have it as it was his mother's. He wanted it to go to a home where it would be appreciated and he knew my love of sewing. He wasn't giving it away so I kind of felt obligated to buy it. I really had no room for it and it didn't interest me to use so I finally was able to sell it. I lost on the deal, but oh well. I hope you get yours unstuck soon.

JeanieG I am envious of your temperatures. I was all excited that March came in like a lamb. It was 0 Centigrade at 8 this morning so that is pretty mild for up here. We are getting a Chinook and it will be + 7 for the weekend so we will watch the snow melt. My poor daffodil have been trying to poke through since early February and that is just weird.

Since I got home from the last round of grandkid minding I have been trying to get back to my running. I am up to 5k 4 times a week now so almost back to where I was when I went down to the kids'.

My littlest grandson turns 1 today. He was born last year on Feb 29 so this year he has to have his bday on March 1. I'm off to the sewing room to get the finishing touches on my mystery block. I am getting impatient for the news on who I send to next. This is great fun!

Just to add to the diversity of this thread, here's a pic of me on a camel named Oscar in Cairo taken last Nov. We went to Egypt for our 40th anniversary.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398930[/ATTACH]
Good weekend, all!!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-01-2013 08:06 AM

Janie, you have just topped our list on this site on what we have done!! Riding a camel is not an everyday picture that we see, and you both are smiling on your 40th Anniversary!! You all are still on your honeymoon!! Congrats to both of you. Thanks for sharing the picture!:)

Yes, Honchey, I love your blocks you are doing, not exactly mindless 'cause those corners all meet together very well and look very attractive in colors.:thumbup:

You'all have a great day and great weekend! Anael, we need an update on the twins. Mirabelle, glad you enjoyed your two day visit with dd...and I am sure you have pictures to share of quilts you finished together??! DD I missed that bumble? block you were wanting in your mystery block???

deranged_damsel 03-01-2013 08:13 AM

basically, as SCRAPY as it gets! have fun! go wild!

http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com/2...-festival.html

QuiltE 03-01-2013 08:36 AM

PC News!! ... I now crossed the line of enough blocks for my PC! Now to do a few extras to have for swapping in/out when I do the placements. Stay tuned ... photo ops this weekend! :)

GGal ... for my future reference when you are my Mystery designate ... do you have a specific pineapple pattern we are to use? or just any pineapple we choose? Please and Thanks! Did you do a block for yourself to match your giveaway?

Puppies ............ DDamsel and OKSGlad should swap puppies!! and get some new blood into their stock! :) And I see a puppy/stash swap coming for QNSue! No doubt she wants one of each!! :D

OKSGlad ... Like CarrieM, I noted that you were careful enough not to sent them the Mystery Block! :) Ouch! on the health insurance.

CarrieM ... GMTA re OKSGlad's outbound mail!!! Great looking purse. Is this a shop pattern? or a free one, online?

QNSue ... good like with your new do today!!

JeanieG ... I can feel the warmth!!

Honchey ... OMG ... they'd be oh so fiddly indeed, though the fruits of your labours are well worth it. The film blocks are really neat. The pastels with white so peaceful and will make for a lovely quilt, as you join them up.

JanieW ... Great diversity pic! What a trip that must have been!! :) Congratulations on your running ... chasing the grands kept you in good condition!! Are you training for a longer distance goal? Don't dear a purse ... I did, then realized it was not so bad, once I did it! :) Back to the Grands for The Brier? Watch for our Ontario team!!! :D Thanks for asking the Mystery questions. I know I have a few, but need to get my list out as I forget who and what I need to ask/clarifiy!

DDamsel ... looks like you are giving us all the leaway you ever could. You may live to regret it! :)

MiraB ... wondering what you two got up to this time! I think it's so grand that the two of you make the point of sewing together so often!

Anael 03-01-2013 08:51 AM

Isa has been transferred to Unit 2, meaning she needs a little less care now! So that's a big achievement. She was a bit restless last night with a few downs but is doing great. She's breathing on her own for 7 days now!
Bram had a restless night also. He has an infection in one of his arms (one of the lines pooked through his vein), it's looking nasty and the neonatologist told my DS and DDIL he will have a scar for sure. She also told he might need plastic surgery :( He's still in Unit 1, still on the ventilator and still retaining fluid. Good news: no fungus infection anymore! So that's great!

Janie, lovely picture!

I still didn't finish my Sylvia! Did some cleaning today, made a few twin blocks and sorted out stuff upstairs. So I hope Sylvia will be finished tomorrow ;) It looks like I'm afraid to finish her LOL

Honchey 03-01-2013 09:24 AM

Hi everyone..If you just go to "www.bumblebeansinc.com" you can get to the blog to see what DD wants..I like it as I like the very scrappy look!

gardnergal970 03-01-2013 09:41 AM

Janie and Quilte...I would prefer unbleached muslin but if the person making this months has already started with bleached, don't start over. I found a tut for the one I'm thinking of. I'll try to attach the link. http://www.instructables.com/id/Pine...tern/?ALLSTEPS. The muslin would be in place of the black. I start with a 2 1/2 square in the middle and use 1 1/4 inch strips. Mix the colors up as much as you like. This block is so adaptable.
Quilte...Yes I did a small block to match the one I'm waiting to send. I worked on another one and found that not all blocks adapt to 6 inches but I'll make one with the same fabric that is somewhat similar. Congratulations on finishing then PC. Looking forward to the pictures.
Anael...great news from the SewGrands! No let up on prayers though.
Honchey..I've been doing those kind of blocks using strips and then cutting them to size. I think you get a much better mix doing it your way. I'll have to try it. Hope you get the price you want for your home.
Carrie...love your purse.
Janie...did you get saddle sores? Looks like quite an adventure.
Me...today I'm actually finishing UFO's. Will try to post picture next week.

oksewglad 03-01-2013 11:47 AM

Good afternoon from Iowa. Been "playing" farmer for the past couple of days. DH has put his back out and relief milker has been called upon. I'm getting too old for this:D. It takes 3 hours to milk the cows and that's twice a day. Now have 2 little ones as Mom is helping with outside chores. 4 yo is sleeping; 2 1/2 yo is running wild!
SewGrands still need our prayers, but such a good sigh when we hear they are progressing.
Our mystery blocks are going to SewGreat. I'm looking forward to the change up in colors and styles. It will help all of us get out of our sewing tunnel vision. Thanks for the links.
QE--wonderful accomplishment for you. I'm envious!
Did anyone notice the quilt like looking saddle blanket on Janie's trusty steed? Those darn quilters they can spot a quilt design anywhere! Can you tell us more Janie?
Gotta dash--must go to town one way and then backtrack and take the Long way home.