Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 03-13-2013 05:48 PM

I'm all packed up & headed ta Brady tamarrow. I'm gonna meet my DD, & DGK's there. My DM & DGM also are gonna go. This is gonna be a great trip! I got real sad the last time I was there, thinkin' that DGM would never git ta go there again. I'm so glad that she is enough better that she can go. I sure hope she doesn't try ta take that walker up the stairs. That could bad. At least DM will be there ta help me keep her from goin' up the stairs.

mirabelle 03-13-2013 08:09 PM

Yes JanieW it is a Pfaff, my normal Pfaff Expressions 3.0 is in having a service so I am quilting on my Pfaff Creative 4.0, just took the embroidery arm off it and straight sew on it. It is FMQ'ing beautifully. Won't get back to it until the weekend though tomorrow is a big day for me..
No news is good news on the SewGrands Anael, I bet you are sleeping better too..

Can't wait for the next mystery block to be sent out, I had so much fun making this block, even my DH loved it:thumbup:

carriem 03-14-2013 04:07 AM

Lots of chatter yesterday...good to hear from so many. It was my day to work at the quilt shop. I picked up some backing for the quilt I was working on at the retreat. We were out of the batting I needed so will have to wait til next week to start quilting it. That's ok, it gives me this week to catch up on needed rest and things in the house after being gone for 4 days.

QE--I found the leaf fabric and will get that sent out next time I am in town. :)

janRN 03-14-2013 04:42 AM

Anne, are these new machines from Viking? I'm going to a Quilting Expo and Viking is supposed to be there; I'd love to check out new machines. I love the sensor system, too, so if the new machines don't have that I'd be disappointed. I'm really not NEEDING a new machine, but.... Sometimes when I work extra days I feel like I need a little reward LOL.
Nice to hear from everyone (where's Jeanie?) and know all is well.

Honchey 03-14-2013 05:17 AM

Jan,If you have the Sapphire the changes in the new Big machines are cosmetic...The newer machines I spoke about are a little smaller around the size of the Emeralds , has a longer bed than the Emeralds.....has alot of features for it's size..has a computerized touch screen....rated as a "best Buy" by Consumers Digest...it's priced right for what it has in it...just NO Sensor System...Yet...I'm hoping!!! I would love to see that happen...Would buy it then in a New York Minute!!!!
Mirabelle, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow you will find out who you have for next week!!!!

QuiltE 03-14-2013 06:57 AM

:D I can hear Honchey and All singing :D ...............
♪♪♫♪♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498 ♪♪♫♪♪♪
Tomorrow new MB partners ... Tomorrow some dispatches in the mail!
And the rest on the 25th ... yes, just like Christmas!! :)

Anael
... photos are taken ... will download and email to you today! :) Hope that Oma and the SewGrands had a Good Night's sleep! :D

GGal ... Look forward to seeing your quick quilt project!

JanRN ... another FART trip for you? Is this the Ohio one in April? Of course you "need" another reward!

Honchey and JanRN ... what do you mean by the sensor system? Please do explain!

Honchey ... What better job, than to "have" to play on machines while at work. I get frustrated as I'd really like to "test drive" a machine by doing something productive, and not just simple little stitch samples. To me, that just doesn't let me get the real feel of it. You'll have to take some pics of what your students have mastered to show us! Hope you had a good sleep in ... though with me, usually when I can, I can't!! :D

DublB ... Just home and leaving again!!! ;) Looks like a multi-generational girls getaway. How nice!

CarrieM ... thank you! No rush ... actually maybe keep it for now, in case I want/need something else and can send it all together?

Have a Grrrrrrrrrreat Day Ladies!!!
(said with the best Tony the Tiger Grrrrrrr possible! :D)
OK OK ... I'm in a strange mood!

QuiltE 03-14-2013 07:24 AM

Mission Accomplished!!!
My MB pic has been sent to our Loyal Quilt Inspector!!! :D

And today, I will tuck it into it's little packet, ready to dispatch with the sled dogs tomorrow ... tomorrow ... tomorrow!!! :D

The anticipation builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janRN 03-14-2013 08:26 AM

I have the Sapphire and do love it so I wouldn't upgrade unless I have to. Always fun to look at new things. QE, yes this is the annual expo that we go to each year. It's March 21 in Cleveland. Have to hope the weather holds--it's been snowing & freezing & melting & refreezing, etc. for this entire winter. Stupid Phil the Groundhog was so wrong about an early spring!! This expo is huge--when I walk in I expect to hear angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus!! Last year was when I first tried the Sweet16. I really hope there's nothing tempting this year other than tons of fabric. That's also my & MrJanRn's 43rd wedding anniversary; I hope he's not offended that the expo took priority LOL!!!

Getting excited about the Mystery Blocks and that darn Anael won't give us a hint!!

grannyQ 03-14-2013 08:55 AM

Anael, I just sent a picture of my mb. Hopefully you will get it and let me know. I have a newer computer system and I'm still trying to get used to it. I lost a lot of my files and have been busy trying to reload some of them.

carriem 03-14-2013 09:02 AM

GrannyQ--nice to see a note from you. :) Hope that all is going well for you!