Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 03-19-2013 11:12 PM

Alright I'm about halfway through w/my MB. Well 3/4 if ya count the drawin' it up. LOL I'm not about ta make a 6" o' this. I don't do 1/4" pieces o' anythin'! The 1/2" pieces are about all I can do. :) I'm headed ta bed now. G'dnight all.

Anael 03-19-2013 11:33 PM

I'm off to a meeting which will take most of my day! CU all later ;)

gardnergal970 03-20-2013 05:17 AM

Anael...I belong to the Marti &Me Club at our LQS and once a month we get a new pattern with tips of the templates used and then we have 3 hours to sew on out M&M BOM. I've learned as much from my classmates as from the instructor...she's not a natural born teacher but still does an adequate job. I found that the FWS blocks take as much or more time than a 12 inch. The sewing has to be much more precise. Honchey....thanks for the pattern. I haven't printed it out yet. Also thanks for moving up the mailing date. My first one MB for this month was too big too...so I have a little stitching to do on the second one but will get it in the mail ASAP. Carrie..I do hope you get some relief from the migraines. They are so uncomfortable! How are the plans for the new clubhouse coming? QuiltE...with 5 families to visit I probably won't be taking other long trips. BTW...happy dance for getting the PC blocks done! ALL..what is FCC? Talking in shorthand confuses me sometimes. DD....living in the country always means more miles! OK...amazing doesn't mean you aren't human! Love the table runner and baby things. Dubib..I agree that you DM probably enjoyed having a change of scenery and shared responsibility this past weekend. None of us know how we will act when we get older and you DGM didn't plan to be difficult...Jan...good to hear from you. Your FART is next week isn't it? Mirabelle....did you use a Pam Bono pattern!? Although I just looked at a planned block and it has around 80 so I guess 130+ isn't totally over the top. Me..I took THREE quilts to be quilted yesterday! I had to put borders on a lap quilt and get all of the backs ready. Today my DD and her son will be stopping in for an overnight on their way from TN to WI. Didn't find out until last night the exact time she would be here so there is some cleaning to attend to and no sewing today. Have a great day!

Anael 03-20-2013 06:25 AM

GG, I'm with you on the shorthand talk ;)
I have a few sets of the Marti templates but I don't like them, maybe I should glue small pieces of sandpaper on the back of the templates? They keep sliding while cutting so I don't use them.
It must be nice to belong to a group/club! I'm not a group person but it gets lonely in here sometimes!

Oksewglad, what a lovely table runner! I love the design and the fabrics you used!

QuiltE 03-20-2013 06:29 AM

MiraB ... when the number gets that high, who can count? :) Glad I'm not the only one who mixes up fabric lines. In fact, most times I have NO CLUE as to what the fabric is! :)

GGal ... How wonderful that you have your DD dropping by! I think the FCC you are asking about would be FFC? Fabric Friends Challenge ... the FQ that CarrieM sent out for me, along with the PC Bonus Blocks. There should have been a note explaining all about it. If not, let me know and I'll send you another copy.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-20-2013 06:48 AM

GardenGal and OksewGlad, sounds like Spring to me when company shows up a little more!! It gets us out of the Quilt Room, and back in the kitchen! Or like Dublb, on the road again. But that is the way in the Western States of the USA, a far piece of road between two places...Dublb, how many photos are there of five generations (of woman) in your family? Your DGM,DM and you and a daughter or son, and their child? In New Mexico, people would laugh and say we drove a hundred miles to eat lunch and back again. LOL! That was before gas prices rose to the moon.

Back into the quilt room today for me. Enough food prepared in the kitchen, or ready to prepare, so I can sew sew today with dh who has moved his sewing machines into his room, so I am by myself in the quilt room working. He comes and goes, but does not work in there with me any longer. I get too grumpy sometimes; its a wonder we have made it together for 47 years. Very cold outside, with snow on the ground this morning...Spring is delayed a bit.

Anael 03-20-2013 07:58 AM

It's cold here too, no working in the garden and not in the near future either. It's staying cold :(
QNS, 47 years! That's a long time together.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-20-2013 08:48 AM

Yep, Anael, it is a lifetime sentence for the both of us. We were married by Rev.Priest, so we can double those years, and sometimes it seems to triple!! Late for our own wedding, 'cause I had to stop and buy my niece a saddle for her little pony...she was turning three that year. Like my dgm, I repeat what she said after 35 years of marriage to dgf when he died, "Lord gave me a good man; no other man will ever do." My postscript, "And, Lord, that that was enough for several lifetimes...really do not want another one!!" LOL!!

Anael 03-20-2013 10:39 AM

LOL QNS I often have to laugh because of the way you're saying things :)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-20-2013 11:15 AM

Laughter is the best medicine in life. If you can find humor in life, it makes the rest of life easier to bear. Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and complain, and the rest of the world moves on to other things. Dgm was only five foot two, and just as wide as tall, according to her and her dh, but her funny bone was much bigger; no matter what life did, she would look around for something to laugh about one way or another. Never made fun of anyone, except herself. Always said as she passed the main dishes around again at the table, "Come on, kid, borrow my belly stretcher, and have some more to eat!"