Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 03-20-2013 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like your DGM was like mine, my DM and I had fun lots of times, even in hospital while she had her chemo treatments!

Here's today's picture of Bram. There's a picture of Isa too but my DDIL doesn't want that on any board. She's breastfeeding Isa for the first time and I agree not to put those pictures on the board.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403003[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 03-20-2013 11:58 AM

So adorable!! Love that cap!! Joyous occasion, we ladies can use our imagination to see your DIL nursing her daughter the first time. It is in the public view much more than it used to be, back in 1975 when I nursed our son in the Red Lobster in Springfield, Mo., beneath a blanket over him.

Anael 03-20-2013 12:11 PM

The cap is the laugh of the NICU. They want me to make a matching shirt too so tomorrow I'm going on a FART :D
I know the store had some fabric in green but I hope to find some in the same orange so he will look like a man at work :D :D
Even the neonatologist said today she loves the snuggles and hats Bram and Isa have! It brightens up the NICU.

I know it's more in the public view now but there still are discussion about whether it should be done or not. When I was nursing #2 son I had to go to a wedding (afternoon and evening) and went home every 3 hours!

mirabelle 03-20-2013 12:58 PM

Ggal the pattern I used for the April MB came from Quiltmakers 100 Block book, (won't tell you which volume but I have all of them):D I have been going through them and they have great blocks that are a little different which is what I like..

Anael, another precious photo of Bram. I understand your DIL in not wanting the photo to be posted. There is a huge debate over here on whether women can breastfeed in public and REALLY it is the most natural thing in the world. A group of women who meet regularly for coffee were asked to leave a cafe recently when they started feeding their babies, made the national news:eek:

QNS my dear dear husband has a saying "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional, I'll take optional", not much gets under his skin and he would rather laugh than argue any day. I don't think he has ever raised his voice to me or the children. He said no to me once and I burst into tears and he was so shocked he gave in and I got my new car:D:D
I am off to patchwork today so will pop in later today when I get home.

JanieW 03-20-2013 05:07 PM

I just have a few seconds but I just had to pop in to say "wooo hooo My Mystery Block arrived today and it is absolutely fantastic!!"

Thank you, it's gorgeous.

Honchey 03-20-2013 05:12 PM

Ok Janie, Congratulations on being the first to receive your MB!

Now you have to do us the honor of showing us your block and name the person who made it for you!!!

dublb 03-20-2013 05:13 PM

My DH & I used ta fight all the time. We finally figured out that if we want ta do sometin' both o' us have ta say 'yes.' If one says 'no,' then it is 'no.' (I think that I say 'no' more often than he does.) When I tell people that DH doesn't want somethin', they think that he controls me. Not! He also has ta tell people that I say no ta him too. Then they think he has a fish wife. LOL When we both say 'yes' it is great!

dublb 03-20-2013 05:18 PM

OH & I'm not finished w/mine! I had ta go ta the Dr. taday & then my GNephew came over ta read. I've only done a bit on it taday. I'll git back ta it in a li'le bit. :) Hopefully I'll finish it tanight. :)

Honchey 03-20-2013 05:35 PM

Bev, don't worry...the blocks are not expected to all arrive on the same day....now we'll have surprises for the rest of the month!!! something to look forward to....

dublb 03-20-2013 06:21 PM

Oh good, I was afraid that I was behind. Sigh o' relief!