Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 04-05-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5981048)
Carrie, I have it! I have it...I thought the year you wanted was the current one..I swear I haven't taken a Pain pill yet...

Another PC member comes ta the rescue! :) Isn't this the "bestest" group?

JeanieG 04-05-2013 08:47 PM

Oh great photos Anael, of you and Bram, and a that cutie Mick!

I had my Dr. appt. for my hand on Thursday. He is pleased with the progress and gave me 6 more weeks of Physical Therapy. I'm glad all that time and hard work has payed off. I want this hand back to where is should be.

Carrie - love you table runner, it turned out great. Also that flower fabric is super, it is such fun to see what everyone is doing.

We are going out with our camping group on Monday. It will be at the beach, hope the weather is nice, and not foggy! I don't know if we will have WIFI, so if you don't hear from me, we will be back on Thursday.

I hope your MB comes tomorrow dublb - I'm as anxious as you to see what it looks like. I think it is fun for all of us to see them all arrive.

Anael 04-05-2013 11:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Carrie, beautiful table runner! I still have to make something with the FFC fabric!

Here's my practice quilttop. I made this one about 2 1/2 years ago after I took a FMQ class. The top isn't well pieced and I used not the right fabric but I thought it's good enough to practice my feathers. So this is what I've got. What do you think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]406450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]406451[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 04-06-2013 01:31 AM

I love it Anael, your feathers are perfect:thumbup:

Anael 04-06-2013 01:42 AM

Thank you mirabelle. I know they're not perfect but I'm getting better at it :)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-06-2013 04:32 AM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, Anael, and that looks perfect to me.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Much better than what mine would have looked like. I refuse to touch the neighbor's LA, don't want to mess it up...but that was the old fashioned way... if you did not know what you were doing you did not do it to someone else property. You never handled things in the store that you were not going to buy!!! That is how we showed respect back then. And in teaching computers to junior high students and teachers, I stood or sat at their side and they worked the keyboard....and learned the 'how' and the 'why'.

Its a new day today; celebrate. Do one thing that is very pleasing to you. You earned it!!

gardnergal970 04-06-2013 05:12 AM

Anael...Mick is a show stopper! What a cute smile. Your picture with Bram is priceless. Your feathers are wonderful. Your practice is paying off.
Carrie...the table runner turned out very nice. Good color combination. I'm not too surprised that your DS would like the labyrinth quilt. It is so eye catching. What colors would you use?
QNS...I'm glad that you have a sewing retreat when things get tough at home. How many pansy blocks will you make for the quilts?
Honchey...glad you are feeling better.
Dubib....did Texas reinstate the Pony Express in lieu of trucks and forgot to stock oats and hay at one of their relays? :D I can't believe you haven't gotten your MB yet.
Jeanie...your dedication to recovery for your hand is going to pay off. Have fun on your camping trip. You're lucky that your DH enjoys the work and you have good friends to adventure with.
Janie...I saw your question about thread cutters...I've almost stopped using mine because it comes unthreaded too much when I start sewing. I mentioned it at class the other day and was told that it could be adjusted so it wouldn't happen but I haven't gotten it done yet. I like it when it works.
I've simplified how I was going to finish the Lone Star so I'm confident that I can get it to the flimsy state by next Friday. Whee! I need to pick up some white for a narrow border Monday and the rest will be no problem.
QuiltE....how does that Sweet 16 look to you? Do you have a love affair with it yet?
Mirabelle...how nice that your DH knows how to function in the kitchen! How is your DD doing?

Honchey 04-06-2013 05:32 AM

I'm speechless!!! and it's not because I still have discomfort!!!! it's because of Anael's feathers...I am so jealous!!!
Anael, they a beautiful..when are you getting your LA now????

Anael 04-06-2013 05:50 AM

LOL Honchey thank you, I don't have the money nor the room for a LA! I would love to have the Sweet 16 though. It's not available here and customer service never answered my e-mails :(

Honchey 04-06-2013 05:57 AM

Wow, i usually make my own decisions about purchasing my "toys" and because a LA would take up so much room...I would have to ask DH about it...I don't think he would agree with me on one...I had alot of fun practising loop de loops when we had one in the store.