Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 04-06-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5981948)
QuiltE....you're talking to a bunch of enablers that would get it for themselves if they could!:o Just think of all the quilts that you won't have to pay someone else to quilt for the rest of your quilting life. I know that you've been practicing along with Jan in your dreams.

Just saw this as I posted .... you are so right GGal ... all these enablers are deadly!! :D
See above about the cost/benefit scenario!
And no, I wasn't practicing with JanRN before ... but gosh, now I sure am now!!!!
In my mind I am there ... but then there's the guilt devil that creeps in and messes me up! :D

And ... on the quilting front ... I really do want to get my April MB done THIS weekend!!!!!!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-06-2013 11:36 AM

Done with April MB, bring on May. Another Pansy Passion block done.

And the farm and home called, they had the chicks and ducks in...so I re-drove the 41 miles each way...pick out my 8 brown ducks and 8 chicks...one of which will lay colored eggs...the rest are Production Red. The hen would like to adopt, but no natural clucking is happening, so we will see. She can still go into the stew pot. A number of the ducks had already died so do not know how reliable the hatchery is that they use. I picked for the ones that was up and running a good pace. No guarantees on these like last year from my home town. The new chicks brought kids and parent (s) in by the 'drove'...had to stand over and defend mine until we could box them up. I didn't cluck at the chicks and ducks....they just liked me...and sang to me all the way home....peep..peep..

QuiltE, you know what you are goin' do, so just do it!!!:thumbup:

dublb 04-06-2013 11:40 AM

QE - I want ta tell ya ta go ahead & buy the S16. However only you know what your finances are. :) What else would ya spend the $$$$ money on? What is more important? You are important so if it worked out for ya then go for it! :)

mirabelle 04-06-2013 02:54 PM

:DWow so much chatting

Ggal my DD's foot is healing slowly, she is back at the gym but very careful with how much she does. We had a small shopping spree on Friday before I came home, bought her 3 new outfits 2 sizes down, it was a lot of fun as she tried on outfits and said no too big go smaller sizing.

QuiltE you have all the information you need and you have thought of all the negatives as well as the positives. I am sure you will make the right decision for YOU!!!!

I am ready to post April's MB and can't wait to see which victim I have er I mean recipient for May:D

gardnergal970 04-06-2013 04:58 PM

All but one in....so here are the posts for this past months MBs. Watch for Dubib's and add it to the list. Happy sewing everyone....!!
Janie..post #2413
GGal...post#2461
JanRN..post #2477
Jeanie..post #2480
QuiltE..post#2494
Honchey..post#2517
Carrie..#2525
QNSue..#2556
DD..#2598
Granny..#2673
Mirabelle..#2725
OK,,#2763

QuiltE 04-06-2013 06:28 PM

Oh Dear oh Dear .... I had replies typed and then wiped them out ... as I went to the last page of posts to read.

Sorry, Ladies ... not going to go back and recapture them. So no disrespect to those I do not comment too.

Anael ... Together At Last!!! what a loving caring pic with Bram.
Amazing Amazing feathers ... and you say this is only practice. Imagine when you have some experience!

DublB ... do hope that your MB arrives on Monday!!

Honchey ... All this talk about doing an inward/northward trip ... how about a Canadian portion? And we do have LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of golf courses too. In fact the LQS I went to on Thursday had one almost next door. I could slide down and meet you there ... not far from Niagara Falls. Or come in at Niagara and do a wrap around to Sarnia to head back into the States and onwards to see GGal in Indiana before, onwards to the other PC'ers! :D

CarrieM ... great job on your FFC.

FFCs ... any other progress reports for show and tell?

JanieW ... congratulations on your FFC decision.
I laughed with your flip a coin suggestion ... though I thought part II was going to be, if you don;t like the decision it give,s then just flip again! .... and again ... and again!
I do like London Fogs too ... you should get some Stormy Nights from Davids and brew it up with milk ... absolutely delicious!!!

GGal ... thanks for the post #s for the blocks. I'm starting a file with all the pics in it, so I can try to coordinate future MBs with the previous ones.

Thanks Everyone ... for indulging me about the S16. I have not made any decisions and have made a deal with myself to kind of let it sit for the weekend. Oh I guess I did decide one thing ... to go to the dealer and test drive the S16 and the J8900 together. Then I can do a bit of comparison in the outcomes and let that help make my decision. Still in love with it though! And please, do give me any further insights you have about it, good or bad, to help me think it all thru in a rational decision making process. (Oh how terrible to be so logical!)

oksewglad 04-06-2013 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Although poor dublb has not received her block yet--she has given me permission to post it. Fortunately I took a picture before it left on the 25th. If it doesn't arrive next week I'll make another one and who knows maybe she will be lucky and get 2 MB from me!

From her email:
Oh, oh, oh it’s so very purdy! Thank you so much for doin’ this for me. I’m so sorry that it seems ta have gotten lost in the mail. I have no problem w/ya postin’ the picts on the board. I like the idea o’ givin’ it another day or so be fore ya make another one. The thing that upsets me the most is losin’ all o’ your hard work on this lovely block. Yes it is scrappy & that’s what I wanted!

So here's dublb's MB from me and it's baby sister.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406523[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 04-06-2013 07:15 PM

QE--my LQS just got a Tiara in--said she was thinking of me when she ordered it. It is so tempting. Maybe later after our big trip is paid for!

I'm having a cup of barley/beef stew made with some of the meat I got ready for the pressure canner. Have 13 quarts and 1 pint of canned beef waiting to cool and put in the cupboard along with 7 quarts of the nicest beef broth. Although a long day's work--it's one of my favorite things to can. It's so handy to have on the shelf for a quick beef and noodle hot dish; creamed beef gravy over bread or mashed potaotes or just heat up and have pulled beef sandwiches. I still have enough beef and bones in the freezer to make another batch this size.
G-night all.

dublb 04-06-2013 07:16 PM

Ain't it so purdy Ya'll??? Here's hopin' that it now takes wings & fly's here.

QuiltE 04-06-2013 07:24 PM

DublB ... yes, indeed it is pretty. We'll celebrate again with you, when it arrives IRL!

OKSGlad ... check out the machine while you are there sometime, so you know what you are waiting for! :) Great block pattern and love your Miss Mini! mmmmmmmmm delicious bedtime snack after a hard day's work. :D