Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 04-08-2013 04:02 PM

Ain't it amazin' what borders can do for a quilt!

dublb 04-08-2013 04:30 PM

I didn't git my MB yet. :( Oh well maybe tamarrow. :)

janRN 04-08-2013 05:03 PM

Whew! Just got caught up on the last few day's posts. What beautiful quilts, babies, children, flowers, etc.--I love coming here to see what all you've done. I feel like such a slacker. Finished my BB quilt, hope to find camera and get pic posted tomorrow.

Thank you all for the great pics & conversation.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-08-2013 06:01 PM

Thanks, GrannyQ, for the names that will go will my MB. It came today and I am so delighted with it. Bright spot in my day. Hope to be able to photograph the layout soon.

The eight little Khaki Campbell brown ducks are growing so fast. So are the Production Red straight run chickens (hoping there is an rooster or two in the group of eight). Khaki C. ducks walk upright almost like penguins; hoping most of them are hens....they average about four pounds each, so about the size of a good fryer chicken.

Bf was released from the hospital and returned home today...no clues on what happened to her, but they did rule out any heart problem.

Dh needs help tomorrow; hoping I can escape to the quilt room by noon.

dublb 04-08-2013 08:13 PM

I went ta the eye Dr taday & he dilated my eyes! I had ta call DH ta come & drive me home. I kept tryin' ta git on the computer but could only stand it for a few min.'s. Dh & #1DSon came home at 5:00 & found me pressin' fabric in the dark. I had all the blinds closed & only 3 lamps on in the house. It didn't seem dark ta me. ;) They then went & got my truck from the Eye Dr.'s parkin' lot. #1DSon then went home. About 8:00 my eyes returned ta normal. :)
I've been workin' on the borders o' my PC swap quilt. I've got 2 o' 'em on & am ready ta put the 3rd one on. I won't have enough for the last border so I guess I'll have ta cut some more black & red fabric. I'm actually tired enough ta head ta bed in a minuet. I'll put the 3rd border on first (maybe not miter the corners yet) & then head down the hall.
Night ya'll!

JeanieG 04-08-2013 08:22 PM

Yeah, we have WIFI here at the RV Park. It is on a Navy Base, so I was not sure they would have it. The wind is blowing real bad, so have to stay inside most of the time - and wouldn't you know we are right on the beach! Wind is suppose to diminish tomorrow! Here is hoping!

So sorry dublb about your MB! Gosh, that block is really lost!

So many great quilts to see. I agree with Jan - such fun to come here and see what everyone is doing.

I got all the blocks sewn together for my PC quilt. I'm previewing some fabric for a small 1" or 1 1/2" border and thinking of cutting my pony fabric scraps into 5" squares to go around the quilt as a second border. Do you think that would look neat? I'm thinking of putting 5" squares sandwiched between 1 or 1 1/2" strips in the small border color. I want to use up the rest of the pony fabric!

dublb 04-08-2013 08:46 PM

Hoorey for Jeanie havin' WIFI! Your idea for usin the PC fabric in charms sounds wonderful ta me! It'll be a stunnin' border!
:confused::eek:;)Well I sewed the 3rd border on the wrong side! At least I had only sewn about 20" when I noticed. Frog stitchin tamarrow I'm waaaay to tired. The bed is callin' my name. :)

QuiltE 04-08-2013 08:54 PM

Anael ... Prayers and every good wisj for Lil Isa. My Goodness, those gloves have seen a lot of stitches. I've never seen any like those, so I'll have to keep my eyes open this spring. Your quilting is amazing. Do you totally do it as FreeMQ? Or do you draw some of it on first?

CarrieM ... My oh My ... do you ever stop? Your tabletopper looks huge and the floral border really is perfect. Is that the same fabric that you used for the 4PPs? BB quilt is looking great. Looks like a lot of good times for your kids. The indoor range must be really neat! Archery isn't a big thing here, so I'm learning a lot from you. No one into good ol' American BAseball? :) Oh how pretty your spring flowers are. I have flowerbeds at the front of my home. Otherwise ... daffodils pop up in the grass, then after they die off, they get mowed down. Periwinkle grows going into the bush. Some other natural wildflowers, and some I have interplanted. And lots of tiger lilies.

JanieW
... PC blocks looking great ... are they stitched together? or just well laid out together? And I think I see a chicken in the top row? :) What was the verdict as to how many blocks per quilt? Look forward to seeing more pics. When you send us weather, it's about 3 or 4 days later. Indiana does it in about 24 hours!! And if it comes up from Niagara, just a few hours (which means it came from Pennsylvania the day before. So thanks at times) JanieW, JanRN and GGal for sharing. At times I wish you would keep it. Warmer today, with rain. Tomorrow it's supposed to be double digits ... with more rain all week. And then the question remains as to weather it chills for the snow ... or we get more rain! :)

QNSue ... oh dear! Will be virtually with you on the 18th.

JanRN ... good thing you told us you had your BB quilt done or else I was going to say ... Show us what you;ve been up to! So find that camera and take a BUNCH of pics!!! I need to be inspired with that S16 and the tricks it can do! :)

JeanieG ... Great progress on your PC. Anything is possible, so just do some auditioning and you'll soon figure it out. But for now, no sewing ... just holidaying with your friends! :)

It seems we are all getting fixed up .... I head back to the dentist tomorrow for a 2 hour appt to start the crown work. UGH! So you won't likely hear from me til late in they day.

QuiltE 04-08-2013 09:03 PM

Just saw this thread ... and didn't want you to miss this.

Do you suppose JanieW, is responsible? :D
http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...p-t218593.html

Honchey 04-08-2013 09:32 PM

Jeanie, are you by any chance staying at the Camp Pendelton Base RV Park? If you are you have to stop by the Sewing Sister's quilt Shop in...gosh...I can't remember the name of the town...I love the town ...it's right on the beach...Carlsbad...that's it...they have the cutest little shopping bags for your purchase...My sister lived in Oceanside for almost 20 years. I loved to visit her.....so different from here on the east coast...

QuiltE, Et tu Brute'? I'm going on Thursday for the follow up and after that I don't want to see him for another 6 months !
Oh My!!! it's so late...time for bed..g'nite...