Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 12-12-2012 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you be ... There'll just be the eight flowers, and then fillers/borders.
The hexies are one inch on each side.

The background fabric is a white/mauve all-over floral.
It looks kind of funny ... some of the papers are pink, some blue. Thus the different colours appearing. The whiter looking ones with the blue papers are probably closer to the true colour of the fabric.
They really do lay flat, just that the papers are curling from my bending them around as I work with them. So far I've only removed the centre yellow papers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381852[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381851[/ATTACH]

gardnergal970 12-12-2012 03:07 PM

I love your GFG, QuiltE. Makes me want to have a project that I can work on away from my sewing machine.

dublb 12-12-2012 04:29 PM

Gray? Oh yeah, I'm gray. Been gray since 40. (I'm 51 now) I do still have a bunch o' dirty blond at the nap o' my neck. I grew my hair long about 10 years ago when people around town were mistakin' me for my DM. I had an identity crisis. LOL

QuiltingNinaSue 12-12-2012 05:08 PM

Beautiful GFG, Quilte and Dublb. I will never be able to do that with my hands hurting like they do, cannot hold a needle for hand work many days unfortunately. Its all part of life, the good, the bad, and wish it weren't so...life goes on and I count my blessings 'cause I was taught at a young age, to be happy in life for what you have...not what you don't have.

Honchey 12-12-2012 05:25 PM

Oh so good everyone's busy... shopping, having tea, baking cookies and the northern gal is busy sewing..I've been in the laundry room room going thru all the stuff that's been collecting in there for several years...Many of you may not know that my son has come and gone a few times and now since he is in his own place now...I also have to sort thru everything he's left behind....we're getting a new washer & dryer and I have to have an electrician put in a wall outlet for the dryer...the current dryer is hard wired ...no plug...
with Easy Street..I have most of steps 1 & 2 done...part of step 3 done...I'm going to have to get more blk on white...I'm almost out....if I didn't have all the interuptions during the day like making lunch...go to the store..play cp games..bag up DS unwanted clothes for goodwill..you know...all the good stuff we do all the time...I would be busy with my craft...Oh, I had the boys today for dinner or is it supper??:) as soon as I get the Laundry room squared away & the dresser in the DS former room...I will have time to get some sewing done...
QE...your GFG is coming along nicely...I have a couple of small hand projects I like to do when traveling...tumbling blocks and an ongoing GFG...I also like to knit/crochet hand towels using cotton yarn..enough about me...back to work..I need to get the room done....

carriem 12-12-2012 08:08 PM

No time in the clubhouse today....worked at the LQS. We are doing year end inventory, so got to touch/count LOTS of fabric today. :) I am home all day tomorrow so after some school, laundry and dishes I will be heading to the clubhouse.

I came home to a 6x6 box tonight! Good thing about QNS shipping in Iowa and me living here. :) We got some yummy treats. I especially can't wait to try the "surprise"!! We had to sample everything else tonight. My kids' favorite was the chocolate cookie with the chocolate star (was this the "Cowboy"?...just so I look at the right recipe). I think mine was the brownie! So rich but so good!

Sounds like everyone has been keeping very busy. Great to have an update from most!

For those doing handwork, do you ever use "thread heaven"? This makes the thread go through fabrics so smoothly...I think.

oksewglad 12-12-2012 08:17 PM

My mouth is watering Carrie. It's been a tough week for some but so nice to hear what everyone's doing. I can hear the chatter as the day draws to a close.

FYI I've sent a PM to you all. Been a busy day with phone ringing and emails posted! I am still young and thin on the inside--as is DH.
Meanwhile Emily and I finished tying the quilt for DH's sister from Gpa's shirts. Have the binding ready to put on so will try to get that sewn on tonight. Will try to get pics sooner or later.

Honchey 12-12-2012 08:27 PM

Oksewglad...Congratulations on your very special day!

dublb 12-12-2012 08:32 PM

OK that is so neat!!!!

QuiltE 12-12-2012 08:36 PM

Thanks all .. the GFG has been a fun thing .... and addictive!

QNSue ... not sure how long my hands will hold out for it. I am finding that they start to cramp and get twitchy after awhile so am trying to listen to the signals that they are sending to me and not overdoing it. I'm a big one for "experience" so as long as I do a bit of GFG then I understand and have a feel for what it;s all about.

Honchey ... not back to the sewing machine yet though. The GFG was started while away, though I have been sneaking in some stitching while I watch TV at night, when on the phone, waiting for supper to cook etc. The good? bad? thing is that then of course, I spend longer than I should! Glad you have your home back to yourselves again ... and now all this "spring cleaning" going on! :)

CarrieM ... have never heard of Thread Heaven ... do tell me more!

OKSGlad ... nice PM! will reply later. WOW you and Emily sure have been busy little troopers! With all her commitment on this, do I sense there'll be an extra-special quilty sort of Christmas gift for her this year? Some new supplies? :)

*channelling DDamsel*
I'm baaaack .... where are you? and how are you? and I MISS YOU!!!
Please come out and play with us!!!! :D