Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 04-20-2013 03:18 PM

Good Call, DDamsel!!!!!!!! ... Happy Birthday to Me from Me!!!! ......... after all I did not treat myself to anything this year! (and I usually do!!!) :D It must have been a premonition! :D

QNSue ... oh you'll see the results, and probably for the first while, hear more of my frustrations than accolades of success! :D We used to keep a kiddy pool under the trees near our home so the dogs could always get a drink of water ... then one day we came out and here was the dog laying in it. Guess she was hot-hot-hot!!!! :D

DDamsel ... me thinks you are starting to fill the Ark, with your menagerie! More pics are required!!!! :D

mirabelle 04-20-2013 04:56 PM

Ddamsel - cute dog, how do you keep track of your animals, I have trouble with 2:D

QuiltE - need pics of your new machine when you bring it home, congrats on making the decision that was right for YOU!!!!:thumbup:

QuiltingNinaSue 04-20-2013 05:20 PM

Onward in the quilting room...to Triangle Star pattern from Laundry Basket Quilts a 73 by 73 inches with over 443 triangles...working on the 2 7/8 scrappy ones...there's 128 half square triangles there for a start. Love the look of it.

Love DD taking time this evening to fix my computer that got messed up with a Microsoft update this morning. Its so nice that she trained in computer-field and got her degree there; might be better than having a doctor or lawyer in the family. :) LOL!!

Anael 04-20-2013 09:27 PM

QuiltE, congrats on your new machine!

Mirabelle, gorgeous quilting as usual :)

QNS, I just had a look at the design. Lots and lots of HST! That would scare me off :)

I visited Bram and Isa yesterday and got to hold them both! The eye doc in Enschede doesn't agree with the eye doc in Groningen and tomorrow another doc will have a look. They're talking about yet another hospital for treatment. Otherwise they're doing great!

Anael 04-21-2013 01:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's today's block for Ode to my Mom. It's block # 11 Odd Fellows Chain.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409226[/ATTACH]
and here's the upper right corner, blocks assembled.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409227[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 04-21-2013 04:26 AM

Anael your blocks are beautiful, can't wait to see more

deranged_damsel 04-21-2013 05:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Aneal, Beautiful Blocks! who is the author of the pattern?

QNinaSue THANKS for the tips on caring for the ducks :D

All, yes we have LOTS of critters, DhDD has a NAME for every single one, I dont even TRY to keep track, Im good if I remember my kids names :D

QuiltE, YES I DID get fabric from my friend... she says wedding quilt? I say baby quilts? LOL so here is the TWO quilt tops finished for sisters wedding, one is queen size the other large lap. :D

mirabelle 04-21-2013 05:59 AM

DDamsel I love your quilt tops, is the first one Kaleidoscope using the fabric in the second one, that's neat

QuiltE 04-21-2013 06:02 AM

DDamsel .... My oh My you have been busy! :) Great pair of quilts, I particularly like the 4PP. So spring-like. What a nice Big Sis (are you the elder?) you are to her!!!!! Now, are you going to quilt them with that new machine you got a little while ago? When is the wedding? And what does Sis say about the destiny of that extra fabric? :D

Anael ... Odd Fellow is far from that, and actually quite handsome! Wouldn't he be nice done as a whole quilt? Same block, different colour ways? Or even all matchy-matchy? I'm sure it's difficult for all of you to hear the latest concerns about the SewGrands. Better that the Dr's are staying vigilant and ensuring all that can be done, is done.

QNSue ... OMG I just looked at that pattern, and went dizzy with all the HSTs!!! Are you doing it scrappy? Remember, you were there to help DD, and probably were a good influence as to the path she took. Now she's there to help you! :)

All but the final two PC border strips (top/bottom) are done ... then I can do the pick-pick-pick clean-up!!! :D

Honchey 04-21-2013 06:07 AM

Oh such pretty blocks and quilts this morning....having my morning coffee and need to wake up a bit...it's cold outside had to put the heat on...will catch up later today..