Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 04-27-2013 07:48 PM

MiraB ... not really keeping tabs of each of you. Just that as I thought about it, I knew there were lots, so started listing. I think we all pay attention to the toys, oops, that should be tools of the trade!!!! Oh go ahead and order that kit! You might as well do it, along with QNSue and JanieW ... a 3-nation quilting bee! :D Stunning quilt in the works, despite that picking out.

DDamsel ... so you're going to join the Tahiti quilt group too? ... AFter your FFC fabric going off to Hawaii without you I guess you are deciding you need Tahiti!

GrannyQ and GGal .... ooh la la! Oh how I like this one!! :) Looks great with your DublBs April block too!

GrannyQ ... How nice your blocks are showing with the cream sashings and dark cornerstones. It looks like there's another quilt underneath that wants us to see it, too! :)

CarrieM ... Count Thy Blessings! :D I know that I put this PC group way up high on my list of Gifts!

And Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Thank You!
I appreciate the offers, though I am not starting a selvage collection!!!
I might save them just for the historical referencing ... and maybe by doing so and being prepared, then I won;t be needing more of the fabric, and will end up saying, why did I do that? If that solves the I want more problem, then it'll be well worth the hassle!!!! :)

Good Night Ladies!

mirabelle 04-28-2013 03:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Now that OK has revealed her MB I can reveal its source, the block is called Yvonne's Mystery and can be found in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Volume 4. I have been going through all my books looking for just the "right" block to make for everyone. I am so happy you like it.

These are the photos I took of the PC quilt and the Daisy quilt on Thursday. Will also post in Pictures for everyone to see.

mirabelle 04-28-2013 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the right pic of Daisy, showing the binding

deranged_damsel 04-28-2013 04:51 AM

Ohhh MY :D mirabelle your quilts are sooo beautiful I want to cry! it must be like seeing your babies all grown up!

NinaSue I think I would LOVE to sew another quilt with you! I dont now that I SHOULD. Im thinking maybe I will buy the book and have a look over it and see if I have stash fabric for it, because I probably DO. :D

QuiltE, I deserve a Vacation dont I??? gee.... I looked up Tahiti vacations, SIGH! you get me into trouble you know! hmmm well if I dont get a vacation then at least I deserve a quilt that makes me THINK im on vacation, Right???

ALL , This coming month at the quilt show in SLC they have a special FW exhibit. anyone want to go??? at least in spirit if not the flesh? hmmm thats my sons birthday weekend... hmmm.....http://www.hmqs.org/special_exhibits.html

QuiltingNinaSue 04-28-2013 05:40 AM

DD, I think we would all qualify to attend to attend with our FWQs that we made together! Guess it will have to be with the virtual RV. IF you go, take a few pictures if allowed and show us some show stoppers.

Mirabelle, you are soooooooo good with your quilts! Another couple of prime quilts there.

QuiltE, comments like you want selvages might make boxes of it arrive at your door step...

Have a good day everyone, and may we all count our blessings today!! I'm trying too.

dublb 04-28-2013 05:41 AM

Oh Candice that would be fun. I guess I'm not gonna make it either. I did click on the link but didn't see the FW exhibit. :confused: It did look like a fun show.
Karen, Karen, Karen!! Your PC is just too much for words. Sigh.

janRN 04-28-2013 09:06 AM

Oh my! I miss a few days here and find so much is happening. After catching up reading all the posts I feel like I've been sitting in the virtual RV with you. So many beautiful flowers--I am so jealous. I have a brown thumb--my yard is where plants go to die.

QE & Ggal, I hope you enjoy your new machines. I checked them out and they look like great machines
Baby Isa straight from her bath--mmmm, don't you just want to keep kissing her! What a beautiful baby.

Janie, I love the MB you made for Carrie. Great colors; I don't use green (or yellow right QE?) often enough.

OKSewglad, Mirab made you a beautiful block. I was stumped too about the Delft and did some research. I wonder if Mirab counted the number of pieces in that block????

QE, you got a triple play from QNS. All beautiful and very cheerful blocks, very spring-like.

GrannyQ, that is an awesome block you got from GGal. Love the pattern and fabrics she chose. You did such a nice job finishing up your BB quilt-love the sashing & cornerstones you used. Hope your wrist is better.

QNS, I am so glad you like the MB I sent. I agonized about sending it because it has pink in it.(The dark fabric is really dark raspberry) and you said you don't like pink. The colors reminded me of your beautiful gardens.

Mirab, congrats on a great finish for your PC quilt. It turned out awesome. The quilting just enhances the beautiful job you did on the blocks. Love it. Hope you make a lot of money when you auction your Daisy Quilt--it's so pretty.

I feel like I've written a novel here but wanted to catch up with everyone. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.

dublb 04-28-2013 09:22 AM

(Wavin') Hey Jan! Good ta see ya! :)

QuiltE 04-28-2013 01:40 PM

MiraB ... I can't see those two quilts enough!! Oustanding in every way!

DDamsel ... Please do go to the FWS quilt show to represent all of us IRL! I'll be there with you virtually, perched on your shoulder!!! :D You should take your FWS to visit with the others. And remember ... photos photos photos for all of us! :D

All .... While I was driving today, I was thinking much the same as DDamsel ... if I got the pattern, I could surely make Tahiti with my stash!! hhmmmmm .... what about this for a quilt-along?

QNSue .... Nooooooooo ... I am not collecting selvages! The thread was more to to either confirm that I do not want o go there .... or for inspiration as to why I should. I haven't seen enough reasons yet, to want to start that collection! :D Please book me passage in our RV to attend DDamsel's FWS show! :D

Dublb ... scroll down a piece, and you;'ll find the FWS info.

JanRN ... whadya mean you don't use green? I seem to recall greens in your jewel tones! And some that were sent your way! :) You WILL be using greens when you get to CarrieMs MB! And yes I was a lucky camper with QNSue's hat trick (me, hockey) triple play (you, baseball!) :D And what have you been stitching this week? Time for some show and tell!!! :D

mirabelle 04-28-2013 02:16 PM

JanRN, of course I counted the pieces in the feather star, 135, :D:D I have a book with a quilt made with these blocks, don't think I will ever make another one.

QNS I have had another look at the Tahiti quilt, even put it in the cart:D but it would only give me an estimate on shipping costs and I didn't want to get a big surprise with final costs, so I have e-mailed the shop for further info and am waiting on a reply before I commit to buy. I have been stung a couple of times with shipping costs being more than what I purchased so I am very wary now. This will give me more time to think about it too:D