Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 11-22-2012 11:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I finally finished this. It's my DN's graduation quilt. At least she got it the same year she graduated.;)

oksewglad 11-22-2012 11:47 PM

Bev, the black sets off the florals so nicely. Like the quilting too. Thanks for sharing.

mirabelle 11-23-2012 04:54 AM

What a beautiful quilt Bev, you did a great job with the quilting:thumbup: I am sure she will treasure it.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-23-2012 05:22 AM

Beautiful, cozy quilt, Dublb. One she can treasure and use anywhere she goes, wrapping herself up in a quilt made with love to remind her, she will always be loved.

Anael 11-23-2012 05:57 AM

Beautiful quilt Bev!

carriem 11-23-2012 06:15 AM

Honchey--so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad! Glad you were able to spend some time with family in spite of it and are finally getting some relief.

dublb--happy your DGM is home again. Your quilt is great...the black really gives it nice contrast.

QuiltE 11-23-2012 09:15 PM

Honchey ... glad to know you got to the Dr. and got what you needed to help you get on the mend. OOPS! re the forgotten cough medicine. You'll have to use Buckleys! Yeaaaa for Big Bird and all the leftovers. Hope you didn't send it all home with your DS and kept some for you and MrHonchey! ;)

DublB ... glad that your DGM got home and hope that she continues to improve. What a nice quilt for your niece. The black really makes the other colours pop. What a nice way to personalize her quilt, via the quilting! Such a nice treasure for her to have to wrap up in Auntie's love, when needed.

JeanieG ... now that must be some soup with 16 beans! Travel Safely!

OKSGlad ... another grand weekend at the OK Corral! Dining out must have been a treat for you, even with taking some of the food along. Special time for you with your out-of-town Grands ... more stories tonight? And yes, that cccccold wind blew in today and the temperature sure has dropped. A few of those S....... in the air, though no accumulation expected yet.

mirabelle 11-24-2012 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally have 5 minutes to spare so I think you have waited long enough for the big reveal.

Here is my finished Pony Club quilt top. The final border is the rose border print and I always had it in my mind to use it, but after I had sewn it on I loathed it. I laid it on the spare bed for 2 weeks and kept looking at it but it just kept screaming at me ----- tooooo busy. The eye needed somewhere to rest, well that's my way of thinking.

Please let me know what you think, be honest we are all friends:p

JeanieG 11-24-2012 10:53 PM

OMG Mirabelle, that is gorgeous! I cannot believe you have it all together! The sashing and cornerstone really make those blocks stand out! I hope I find something as nice for mine!

Personally, I don't think that the border print is too busy. But you have to live with it and if you don't like it, I guess you could replace it with something else???

I still have 2 1/2 blocks to complete! We just got home from Phoenix, so have to regroup here and get on the ball and finish these blocks.

mirabelle 11-24-2012 11:06 PM

Here we go again....
After looking at my quilt top for weeks I decided that I couldn't live with it:thumbdown: SO to the seam ripper it went.
I had just enough of the blue sashing fabric for a final border and binding. It took several hours to unpick and resew but I am now happy with the result.
I hope you can see the difference, sorry for the sideways photo the battery died in my camera and DD took this photo from her phone.
I also had to find where she had saved it on my computer:D

Now I just have to find a longarmer to quilt it for me, cause it is huge

Thank you JeanieG for your kind words, I think the problem was the roses are just scattered throughout the quilt top and not overpowering and the rose border just made it too too much