Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-29-2013 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
At your request, Honchey, I will post what you received in the mail today but cannot do a 'whole group' shot, that you can post later.[ATTACH=CONFIG]426997[/ATTACH]the butterfly 12 inch MB block.

the bonus block that is 18 inches pattern is a 1930 reproduction:[ATTACH=CONFIG]426998[/ATTACH]called 'fancy dish'

Honchey 07-29-2013 05:02 PM

Aren't they pretty??????

carriem 07-29-2013 05:19 PM

WOW QNS!! You did a great job on those blocks. I really like the butterfly...what a neat idea!

QuiltingNinaSue 07-29-2013 05:33 PM

There are two tiny moths or dragon flies in two corners...often thought about doing a quilt this way, so had ordered Marti Michell templates to make it someday....and this was fun to do. So happy they are appreciated and have a good home. That makes it all worth while. You deserve the best, Honchey for all your help through all the time of FWQS and the PC. Thank you for keeping us together as a group on QB.

deranged_damsel 07-29-2013 05:42 PM

OH!!! that is SO pretty :D :D :D Anne you lucky girl you!

Nina Sue, WOW!!! simply beautiful!

JeanieG 07-29-2013 06:11 PM

Anne and QNS - those blocks are wonderful! As DD says, Anne is a lucky girl!

JanieW 07-29-2013 07:36 PM

just thought I'd check in one last time to see if there were any more MB's and wow what a treat! Very nice, QNS, just lovely. Aren't you lucky, Anne!

oksewglad 07-29-2013 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Honchey you asked for old time quilt blocks and you have scored big time! Way to go QNS!

Today was spend money day. After getting bills paid made a trip to town, stopped at the Goodwill store and brought home 2 bags of ties. Yes men's ties 27 in all. What should I do with them. I think this is kind of a neat quilt. If I made it small enough it would be perfect as a framed mini. The second one also appealed to me. Am I crazy?[ATTACH=CONFIG]427068[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]427069[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 07-29-2013 07:50 PM

JanieW ... So if you find one here in Canada, or I find one, we can tell each other. Meanwhile we'll both brush away, with the odd vacuum job! I sometimes wonder if my new machine needs cleaning more often than my old one? or just that I can see the crud more? Thank goodness for the easy access, with the pop off plate, no screwdrivers required!!

Honchey and QNSue ........... here's your ooooohs and aaaaahs! Some special blocks from to a special lady from a special lady too! Such a pretty touch with the lace on the butterfly block,

Honchey ... You are going to have one beautiful quilt!!!!

OKSGlad ... A local quilter comes up with some pretty spectacular minis using ties ... mini dresden plates and crazy quilts. So when I was in the Thrift Store last year, and it was Stuff-A-Bag-For-A-Tooney-Day ($2 Canadian coin), I stuffed away all that they had! They await ............!!! :D

And now ......... Good Night Ladies!

mirabelle 07-29-2013 09:19 PM

Wow what a beautiful set of blocks Honchey, QNS you did a great job..

Just got home and DS received the aok from the doc so that is good. QNS can you please let me know what the problem is with the Compass blocks.

Goodnight QuiltE