Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-12-2013 01:43 PM

Ditto on the news about Bram. Great news. For those on face book and want to be my 'friend' look me up....I hardly ever say anything, although I posted the Pansy Passion II quilt throw there. It has gone into the 9 page on QB picture section, which really surprises me...but I guess people like a purple quilt. My friend, Joannie really fell into love with it; just knew when she seen the UPS man what he had for her. She 'showed' it to her cousins and Mother that Friday evening.

Raining Day activities here...all those 'chores' I was saving for a rainy day and thought that I was safe in my thinking...LOL!! They are done, finished, and forgotten about! :D

JeanieG 08-12-2013 02:24 PM

Oh what wonderful news on Bram. I am saying a special prayer for him.

mirabelle 08-12-2013 05:11 PM

:thumbup::thumbup:Clapping with joy for Bram:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:: thumbup::thumbup:

QuiltE 08-12-2013 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And now ... Spike #4, Diamonds All Around ... finished it last night. about 36" across the flat sides, and 41" across the points. I went with the tried and true stipple background, as time was running short, and after trying some other designs, I knew I had to move on. The new twist though, was the outlined stars against each of the flat sides, in the yellow fabric. If you look close, you can see it ... or zoom in. Went with the same shape and size as the inner most 6 pointed star. Background is a nice yellow/blue/green medium all-over floral. And within minutes of completion, it was rolled up on a cardboard tube, along with all the other quilts for the display. And they are already packed in the trailer, a-waiting blast off early Wednesday morning. Only this pic, so far (and it's a wonder I even remembered to do that!).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429982[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 08-12-2013 07:08 PM

Anael ... I'm sure you somewhat celebrate "puke"! :) Prayers for Bram that all will continue to go as well as his first hours with out machines!

Ladies ... did you see LadyBugs in Anael's Sylvia block?

And now I will say Adieu .... tomorrow to the chiro, and the last errands and To do's, including mailing my MB to _____. I might get back on tmro, if I am all organized and ready. Will be heading out early on Wednesday morning for two grueling days of set up, and then The EX opens on Friday.

All the best everyone .... and see you, whenever????? :D:D:D

carriem 08-12-2013 07:09 PM

QE--what a fun way to finish your SYE DAA block! Will you be using this in your "butter" exhibit? Great quilting too! Have a great time the next couple days.

Jan--the sun came out today...does that mean you made friends with your S16 and got some quilting done? :)

No time in the clubhouse today...errands took longer than expected and then my mom stopped by for a visit. Oh well...there's always tomorrow after school.

QuiltE 08-12-2013 07:26 PM

Thanks CarrieM!

The quilts are all packed for the butter display, including Spike. I know there are more packed than we will use/need, though I thought it be better we have choices when we get to that stage.

The next two days will be fun, despite all the work. Then the crazy-ness really begins, when they let the people in!!!!!! :) Never fear ... despite saying that, I do love it when we have lots of people coming thru!

oksewglad 08-12-2013 07:40 PM

Anael--what a great Alaskan star and then you share the lovely Sylvia blocks. Very nice. Another milestone (no machines) to celebrate!

QE fantastic finish on the SYE block. As the pic down loaded my first thought was--oh would look so nice with the yellow and blues from last summer. Have a great time--don't work too hard.

Hope to get back to my mini's but life is getting in the way.

dublb 08-12-2013 08:28 PM

I got over ta the old house & w/#2DSon's help I got home w/my pot(ed) plants. We weren't able ta git my bougainvillea as it's in a very large terra cotta pot. It would take 2 strong guys ta git it. I think DS needed more than me ta help him. LOL I've always called 'em pot plants but #2DSon was havin' a real good time laughin' at me & my Pot plants. LOL He kept sayin'...."potted Mama, ed, ed, ed, potted plants Mama." He then said ta "...git off the cell phone if ya are keep callin' 'em pot plants." LOL do ya think he wanted ta protect me? Ta me they will always be pot plants. I'm not stubborn, just set in my ways. ;)

JeanieG 08-12-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 6231353)
I got over ta the old house & w/#2DSon's help I got home w/my pot(ed) plants. We weren't able ta git my bougainvillea as it's in a very large terra cotta pot. It would take 2 strong guys ta git it. I think DS needed more than me ta help him. LOL I've always called 'em pot plants but #2DSon was havin' a real good time laughin' at me & my Pot plants. LOL He kept sayin'...."potted Mama, ed, ed, ed, potted plants Mama." He then said ta "...git off the cell phone if ya are keep callin' 'em pot plants." LOL do ya think he wanted ta protect me? Ta me they will always be pot plants. I'm not stubborn, just set in my ways. ;)

:D :D That is too funny Dublb! My daughter asked where the cat had been, and I said "He just came out of the closet!" That cracked both of us up!