Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 08-13-2013 01:00 AM

QuiltE, your Spike is beautiful!

Latest news on Bram: he had a perfect night without any problems so he's coming home today without oxigen :) :)
Next step: coming off of the meds he's still having.

gardnergal970 08-13-2013 05:05 AM

Too much is going on here to just be a lurker so I'll come clean....my first husband is in the final stages of his battle with cancer and it has brought up a multitude of "stuff" but I'm in a better place and should be able to deal with friends and family in a civil, loving way.
QuiltE....what a beautiful SYE! It will steal the show.
Anael...so thankful for Bram's progress and your stars you've shown are beautiful. The background color makes them look like real stars.
Carrie and Mirabelle...I would join you for the stars journey in January but I've committed to an Eleanor Burns BOM starting then and I'm anticipating another Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt around Thanksgiving.
Jeanie...cupboards in? Are you almost ready to get back to normal?
Bev...moving is always upsetting and stressful. Try to find some time each day where you can sit and enjoy how much you've gotten done and not worry about how much there is to do yet. The very hardest part for me was going to the old house and doing the cleaning. All the stuff that I had kept but didn't want in the new place had to be taken care of!
QNS...nice you got the embroidery machine going. Is DH feeling better?
Carrie...your embroidery quilt is beautiful. What a nice setting you've chosen. Your arm must be much improved to be doing so much sewing.
JanRN...the sun was shining here yesterday to. Do you need some in PA?
Mirabelle...loved the quilts you posted pics of. Have you decided on your project for the upcoming retreat? Have you tried rubbing sports creame on your shoulder? Maybe you could experiment with turning your machine so you face the end of it so your good arm does more if the heavy lifting. It would mean a major shift if how you did your designs because they would all be sideways. Just a thought.
I'm going it try it finish my Jamestown this week. I have two rows ready to add and then the borders. I should cut and sandwich them this morning so they're dry enough to quilt later today. I would like to take it along to give to my youngest son and his DW when i go to the funeral. I do have my DGG?s quilt all sandwiched and ready to quilt but it can wait. So far I've kept up with Aiming 4 Accuracy and am thoroughly enjoying it. Also the mystery quilt from Fabric Essentials. Time for some finishes! Have a great day everyone!

Anael 08-13-2013 05:47 AM

GG, I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time.
Big ((((HUGS))))

QuiltingNinaSue 08-13-2013 06:17 AM

My almost Step MIL said she could 'forget' but not forgive her first dh whom she had four children by. And her Mother for not helping her more when she needed her for her own children sake. He drank to excess and maybe abused her...not sure on the latter part. She was so good to my FIL, and they would have married and had 23 years together, but government pensions would have stopped. They both died in their 90s. It would not be an easy road to travel, and come to terms with...big {[(hugs)]} for you , GG. Give big hugs to all your children from us.

Dh is dh; a lot like his Father and Grandfather, and I knew them before meeting him, and still married him and 47 and half years later we are still together. Neither one of us is prefect. He complains far more than I, and its the squealing pig that gets all the slop and thinks that he has not quite gotten his share. And his aches and pains is far worse than mine. According to him, I take very good care of him, he is just not sure he gets a 'fair' share of the $s spent!! Yet I worked full time and took care of home and family all those years, so I am not spending his $$$$; I earned them as well. But its hard for him to see that. He wants is all split, like 60-40 in his favor. I cannot tell you how many times he is reminding me of that fact as I put the sewing room together. Thanks for listening to me to on, too long here.

GG, we need to see a picture before you 'gift' your work...

QuiltE, still no pictures of your work area!! And of your machine!!

JeanieG 08-13-2013 09:57 AM

GG - so sorry for the illness of your Ex! I know what you are going through, as my 1st husband died of a heart attack at age 50. I was already married to my current husband, but it is always a shock to lose someone I had been married to for 17 years (and at such a young age).

QuiltE 08-13-2013 03:38 PM

OKSGlad ... yup, same yellow and blue! :) Thank you1!! ... and you don't work too hard. When do you and MrOKSG​lad go to State Fair??

Anael ... yeaaaaaaaa for Bram's perfect night ... and onwards to no-meds!

GGal ... {{{{HUGS}}}} to you! I'm sure it is a difficult time for you and I hope your husband is a good support to you, and is there to help you face this next phase as a couple. He;s still a part of your life's history though, and the father of your children. You have shown your supportive strength to many of us ... now it;s time to allow yourself to support YOU, in the way, only you know is best, in order to get thru this next while. How nice, for you to get a quilt ready, to deliver to your DS/DDIL when the time comes. As for Spike, it can't steal the show ... it's supposed to only be there like a supporting actress to the stars of the show ... the churns, etc. ;) So go and sew/quilt yourself thru this difficult time!

Well Ladies ... this is it .... cameo appearances will be made, when I get a chance!
My August MB was dispatched today with the Carrier Pigeons.
I hope it wings its way along swiftly, so that _____ can receive it, and let me know how closely it comes to her requests.

Everyone, please do take care ... and I'll chat with you, when I get a chance! :)

deranged_damsel 08-13-2013 04:05 PM

To GGal,

~~~~~((((Hugs)))~~~~~

Love is a tricky thing, once given it is gone, it is a GIFT to the receiver and remains. even if you stop giving love, you did ONCE and it remains.

oksewglad 08-13-2013 05:52 PM

Oh what a nice sentiment DD; so profound.

carriem 08-13-2013 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ggal--you are in my prayers. My shoulder is feeling better. Still can't quilt...weight and movement. Maybe next week.

I did get the embroidered quilt mostly together today. (top 4 rows and bottom 4 rows together...middle row should be done in the next week or so when DD gets the middle block done) Thought I would share a picture before I take it off my design wall. It is 81"x81"

QuiltE 08-13-2013 06:46 PM

And no better way for me to end my check-ins than to see such lovely eye candy.
Thanks CarrieM ... and sure look forward to seeing the centre block!