Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 08-15-2013 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GG, no they're not hard to tell apart. Isa is like Mick, thin and Bram is like my DS, not tall and, well, let's say a bit heavier :D :D My DS needs to get rid of about 45 pounds so you get the picture!

I'm going over there tonight, my DS is going with me to Ikea, I need a kitchen cabinet and I can't carry it alone. I have some very cute bunnies for the twins and Mick. A friend knits these bunnies and she gave them to me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430387[/ATTACH]

Mirabelle, nice fabrics! You're so productive, makes me feel so lazy :)
QNS, I had to laugh reading your yard adventure. I'm glad you're not hurt too bad.
Jeanie, congrats on getting back to cooking :D

Anael 08-15-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6235652)
I decided to make both blocks and let Anael choose!!! I hope to get them finished today...

LOL I hope I pick the right one!

JanieW 08-15-2013 09:03 AM

or conversely , Honchey you could save the extraordinary, spectacular block for someone who gave no specific colour requirements for their block. Ahem! :D

JeanieG 08-15-2013 09:19 AM

Cabinets are being installed as I type! The guy will be here to measure for the countertops next week. Bottom cabinets have to be installed before the final measurement. Then I guess it takes a couple weeks to get the countertops. I'll be like dublb - unpacking all the kitchen stuff to put away. It is hurry up and wait again!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-15-2013 11:25 AM

Now I have an excuse for my mistakes in quilting, seeing in general; no new glasses will help my eye sight. Stage 3 cataracts are clouding up the vision in both eyes; of course, only the edges of the left eye sees with the optic nerve dead, or almost all dead. So before snow falls they will operate and remove the cataract from my right eye...at the same time they will replace the center with a 'bubble' that fit my eye glass prescription...letting me 'lose' the glasses for the first time since I was 5 years old. Sept 25 they will 'measure' the area for my glasses. Technology has come so far..... Dh received good news, no change for him at all, and he had to drive us back home....I cannot see clear yet.

No effects of the fall this morning, thank goodness, and I can truly laugh at myself as you might guess from the description of the events last night. No excuses for not picking beans, snapping them; cooking up the beets and cutting them up, etc., on home chores.

Rabbits are so cute, Anael. Jeanie, good news about your kitchen...good progress there. Take everyone...and have a good day.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-15-2013 12:32 PM

For loyal fans, the Jenny Beyer site has backing on sale. I just ordered mine.

mirabelle 08-15-2013 04:04 PM

Ggal these fabric are just for me:D his arrived and sshhh don't tell him but I don't like it, it feels like a furnishing fabric very coarse, so we are still in the discussion phase:p

Anael those are cute little bunnies I am sure they will be loved.

Now I am off to the cave for some quilting

dublb 08-15-2013 04:18 PM

I kinda took th'safternoon off & worked on my MB. Sigh. I'm so bad at math! The center needed ta be 10 inches so as ta be able ta make a cute li'le border. The center is made outta 16 HST's. They needed ta ta be 2 1/2" finished & I made 'em 2 1/2 unfinished. :eek: I could tell as I was sewin' it tagether that it wasn't right. It wasn't untill I finished it that I knew what was wrong. LOL It's back ta the drawin' board.

deranged_damsel 08-16-2013 06:46 AM

Oh goodness I have missed SO MUCH! I miss you gals :D :D :D

My kids are at SCHOOL! this is kindergarten for my Ellie and Third grade for my Daniel, he has been home schooled due to health and he is sooooo different than most kids, wednesday was his first day, I think he is doing well, we will see. I told him that he dosent have to go, and we can do K12. (it is SO nice to have that option) SIGH!!! Ellie didnt even blink "BYE MOM" and she is gone!!! LOL yesterday I saw a fabric line from benartex called "Ellie Ann" :D I think I will have to get some for her and make her something nice.

MB for August partner is getting there I promise! I washed fabric yesterday for it... so lets see if we can get something done.

Ladies give me a bit and I will share some pictures today :D

gardnergal970 08-16-2013 08:00 AM

Cute bunnies, Anael. Perfect fit for little hands.
QNS...how nice that there is a solution for your vision! I've seen that not everyone has immediate good results so I will be praying that you will come through with flying colors and see better than ever!
Here it's literally a race with death to get the Jamestown finished to take with me. I don't know if I will win but I will keep trying. Two more borders ready to put on and one still needing to be quilted. The one part of QAYG that I REALLY don't like. It sounds like you're almost done but borders can take another week or better.:mad::p