Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

gardnergal970 08-21-2013 02:45 PM

QNS...the Hatched in Africa trunk show is tomorrow where I'll get the embrodiery CD and send it to you.
Today when I got home, I went straight to the sewing room after lunch and stabilized the baby quilt. Mindless stuff since I just couldn't trust myself to get the measurements right on the last border. I left Wisconsin about about 6 with my DD and DGS and got home 5 hours later. She had to drive on to Nashville. It was a very good time with the family. I was so proud of the adults they are!

carriem 08-21-2013 03:53 PM

Anael--really like the fabrics in your friend's quilt...looking forward to seeing it all together. Yummy lemon pie...thanks!

QNS--I am so happy your sewing room is finally coming together after a very long wait. Please share pictures when you get a chance. :)

Ggal--good to hear you made it home safely.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-21-2013 04:07 PM

If I stay out of my car for a whole day and can get into the quilt room for a whole day, it would be nice.:o Too sore and tired today to do much of anything. Cats need feed tomorrow, the can is getting empty and the furry animals investigated the car thoroughly this morning looking for more food. They told me they needed their Kat Koodle; nothing else will do. I tried changing them, and they were willing to starve themselves rather than switch, and they en mass told me so. Bf was here as a witness and she could not believe it either. Apparently, they are spoiled kitty kats. So I had better feel like traveling to my hometown tomorrow for their food.

GG, its sounds like Christmas is here; I shall look forward to the CD and learning how to use it. Have the machine in place now, and need to do some work with it. Missing my Bernina 1530, my old work horse that I am sooooo used too using.

YES, if and when it all gets together again, I will take a picture of all the tables..and tables, and tables that fill the room. Dh has some shelving to change and add yet. I wish QuiltE would show us her quilting room...I wish.

Anael 08-21-2013 11:41 PM

QNS, I once had a cat just like yours! My mom took care of that once the cat moved and lived with my parents :D
Have fun with your embroidery machine, it's a learning curve but I hope you're going to like it! It's great you have your sewing room about ready!

There's still some lemon pie left, it's in the fridge. Now back to the sewing machine, I want to finish the top I started two days ago!

mirabelle 08-22-2013 04:09 AM

Anael is there any pie left, I am running over for a piece (puff puff puffing):D and what a beautiful quilt for your co-worker

QNS please post pics when you have your sewing room setup, would love to see it.

I did a little sewing this morning, trying to get my Peirrot quilt finished, then decided to make a cup of coffee and I had to make a few phone calls, went back to my sewing and my machine was making the loudest clunking noise. Well if DH was home he would say it is overworked:D, rang my dealer, explained what had happened and she said it sounds like the ITD (build in walking foot) has gone... sob sob.. SO packed it up and decided to convert my embroidery machine back to a straight sewer, cause I reaaaaalllly want to finish this quilt and have to quilt the blocks then sew them together QAYG method and it wouldn't feed the fabric through,,,,more sobbing by now:mad: the feed dogs have seized because they are very rarely used. SO dragged out my Singer but no walking foot so I can't finish the quilt:mad::mad::mad::mad: I won't have my Pfaff for 2 weeks:thumbdown:

So in exasperation I decided to clean out one side of my cupboard, I think I made more of a mess than I had:D:D:D

But on a brighter note I have made the first 2 Spike blocks and love them, I am going to work on the cutting for the third block tomorrow

I think I am going to take my tired little brain to bed:rolleyes:

deranged_damsel 08-22-2013 05:23 AM

Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!! poor Mirabelle :( maybe you need some more pie? :( :( :(

QuiltingNinaSue 08-22-2013 05:49 AM

Visit DD and 'borrow' her sewing machine to retain your brilliant sewing mind and nimble fingers for two weeks!!:D

QuiltingNinaSue 08-22-2013 11:37 AM

The seven cats are happy cats, eating their Kit Kaboodle with their dishes full of food. Dh is happy camper doing his laundry and sweeping floors and little else except to 'assist' me moving things in the quilt room. I have 'acquired' a large ironing board from Wally Mart to put against my South wall, so I can iron the queen sized quilt tops and more storage tubs, some will 'fit' under my bed, so I will know where that fabric is hiding. LOL!!:D:thumbup:

DH picked a half bushel of tomatoes, so must can tomorrow unless I find where I can 'gift' them too and others enjoy the very good Beefmaster, Brandywine and Big boy tomatoes. We had bacon and tomato sandwiches for a late lunch.

Anael 08-22-2013 12:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's where I've been tonight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431718[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431719[/ATTACH]
It was raining a bit but we had lots of fun :)

dublb 08-22-2013 01:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Ya'll look at what I did!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431732[/ATTACH]
Clustered Stars.... (substituted for Sugar bowl)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431733[/ATTACH]
The Day we Celebrate.... (substituted for Telephone)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431734[/ATTACH]
Hop Scotch .... (substituted for Lightning)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431735[/ATTACH]
When ya look at it on an angle ya see arrows. :)