Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 01-04-2013 06:25 AM

QNS, more egg recipes: http://www.favehealthyrecipes.com/Egg-Recipes

QuiltingNinaSue 01-04-2013 06:40 AM

QuiltE, the muffin recipe is a success!! Tried them this morning and they were very good. Dh agreed if I put them in the freezer, he would microwave them and eat them instead of any sweet treat!! I used to make similar thing with bacon around the outside ring of the individual muffin section. I find Cottage Bacon here, which is the shoulder of the pork, and not the underside of the belly or side. I used dh soy milk in them, broccoli, cheese, and Jimmy Dean precooked sausage links cut up into the mixture. Also I put some shredded hash browns in the bottom of the muffin sections. In my green beans in the old dutch oven, I use salt pork...cut the rind off, and slice it and fry it in the dutch oven until brown then put the green beans in it.

Anael, I will check out your source as soon as I can.

carriem 01-04-2013 07:04 AM

Ggal--I do get the TofT newsletter but hadn't looked at the last one. I will have to call and see if they still have that 6600 and what shipping would be. Do you know if they have someone go over their used machines before re-selling? I would like to buy local, but at the same time if I can find a good price on a machine from another trustworthy shop I will consider that too. :)

No sewing yet this week. :( Maybe this afternoon. DH was home M-T. I worked Wed and then brought 3yo nephew home with me. We are taking him home this morning and getting a few groceries. Gone all day tomorrow for an archery tournament. Next week should be better for sewing.

Hope all have a great day!

Honchey 01-04-2013 08:34 AM

Didn't win at bingo although I did holler bingo when I didn't have it...I told everyone it sure felt good to holler and they all had a good laugh!

I downloaded the rest of the Compass Blocks so I'm ready to go...

Dublb, Your DGD will treasure that "oh so cute" quilt forever...

I'm going to check out that egg muffin recipe...it's amazing what you can do with eggs. my favorite is baked custard...second favorite is bread pudding...

Lots of chatter here...I was surprised at how much showed up overnite... keep it up...I love to read it...

Anael 01-04-2013 09:26 AM

Bread pudding...........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
We had to eat that whenever my mom had lots of left over bread. I hated it!

QNS: what's a dutch oven?

gardnergal970 01-04-2013 09:34 AM

Carrie...I think Bill goes over all of the trade-ins before they put them on sale. The 6600 is $899 and the 7700 is $1899. Remember the 7700 has the larger harp. The newest one that just came out is a quilting machine, 8200 with fewer stitches, no magnifier, no large pedal but most of the other features of the 8900 that came out in October and is about $2200. So many things to consider and $$$$ in hand have to drive the selection. Have fun.

dublb 01-04-2013 10:16 AM

I love all o' these egg recipes. I love eggs & do git fresh eggs from my DSis.
I can just imagine ya yellin' BINGO, Honchey! How fun.
Oh, those prices sound wonderful on those machines! I hope ya git the one ya like Carrie.

It snowed here. Not enough ta cover the lawn, but it didn't thaw out like it usually does. The roads will be treacherous tamarrow.

Anael 01-04-2013 10:28 AM

My Bernina went to repairman :( It sounded like an old truck so something is wrong! I still have my Brother but I find it hard to sew 1/4" seams on that machine. I'm so used to sewing with the Bernina.

dublb 01-04-2013 10:39 AM

How frustrating Aneal! We love our machines. :)

Anael 01-04-2013 01:52 PM

Yes we do dublb!

I'm running out of scraps! I'm cutting 1 1/4" strips from my scraps for log cabin blocks. I saw a quiltpattern today and I like it. 52 log cabin blocks but I don't have enough scraps. Does that mean I have to get back to quilting and create more scraps?