Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 09-19-2013 11:51 AM

I think I will purchase the book and just print it. It's New Light on Storm at Sea Quilts by Wendy Mathson. I never did a Storm at Sea quilt and this book looks like fun. A printed copy is very hard to get and this one is offered as E book but it clearly states no printing allowed.

Thanks for answering the question about the apples QNS. I guess I can just use apples chopped in pieces? That's what I'm using in a pie. Will have to try it, sounds great to me.

Anael 09-19-2013 12:28 PM

Well I did purchase the book, downloaded it and it can't be printed, nor copied to the hard drive. You have to download Adobe Digital Editions to be able to read it and that's the only thing you can do with it: read it.
But I found the solution by using Google :)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-19-2013 12:49 PM

Anael, do remember how you season your apple pie filling, with (cinnamon, option) and brown sugar, and that is what flavors the pork, along with the apples...then I discard the apples and juices because of the lard or grease in the pork.

Happy you found a solution to your problem with the quilt pattern.

Anael 09-19-2013 01:00 PM

I did my shopping this morning but it looks like I have to go again tomorrow for some apples :) I have pork in the freezer and brown sugar in a cupboard. You don't use any other seasoning? No salt or pepper?

Anael 09-19-2013 01:01 PM

I'm calling it a day. I'm very tired because of the constant pain. Have to feed my KK and make sure she doesn't go upstairs with me.
CU all tomorrow!

mirabelle 09-19-2013 02:07 PM

Anael how silly that you can purchase an e-book but can't print it, happy that you found a solution.

QNS I love the idea of cooking the roast pork with pie apple, must give that a try, will be filling my freezer in the next few weeks so will make sure I buy some pork:thumbup:

I am still plodding along with Once Upon A Time, I only have 2 blocks left to applique, and when I get tired of appliqueing I have pulled out my 4 inch stars, have 115 finished, another 30 already cut, I am trying to sew for a couple of hours each night while DH is at work to get these finished. Need to have a few finishes before January when we start the 50 Stars BOW.

Will be spending the day with DD and her new boyfriend (which is getting very serious) am looking forward to getting to know him better, he has to pass the Mum test:D

QuiltingNinaSue 09-19-2013 03:52 PM

Enjoy, Mirabelle, its an easy way to get a new son and granddaughter all wrapped up into one. As long as he treats your daughter with respect and love, you can have fun with the new family.

Anael, hope you can get some good rest tonight and wake up rested in the morning. No salt or pepper with our American Apple pie mix. Each to their own, but I would try it the first time without either of them. Pork prices are on the rise here, I grabbed my two roasts and Lucy let me know she was to put higher prices on next as her job boss told her to do so at the chain store meat market place. And that it is going higher until sometime next year. Makes my 40 pounds in the freezer look pretty good; about 60 or more pounds of beef there, and almost or over 40 pounds of chicken. Most of pantry items have been updated and stocked, so we are ready for winter.

They are forecasting a long and cold winter this year.

dublb 09-19-2013 03:54 PM

I've been workin' on ________'s MB. I PP'd it. Yesterday I woke up a bit earlier than usual (for me.) I had been dreamin' about that block. So as my water was heatin' up for my hot tea I started back on it. Yes I worked on it before I had my caffeine. Not a good idea. I folded the paper, ta trim my seam allowance, too far back & cut it at one end within 1/16 o' an inch. I had ta frog stitch & replace 2 pieces. LOL I went & got my tea & regrouped. It's purdy li'le block. One that I have wanted ta do for a while.
I finished it last night. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-19-2013 05:12 PM

Dublb, I have been working on my MB for -------- but have not finished it. Auditioned fabric for it today and cut it out. and plan to sew it tomorrow and get it shipped out on Monday. Maybe keep one for myself...will see.

Back to sewing on my Bernina 1530, the old work horse I am used too. DH is learning the new Bernina 550 and loves it. He found out how expensive new feet would be that he wanted and .$$$ changed his mind. Wonder what he would think about the amount the thread was for a year??? Not telling him.

mirabelle 09-19-2013 10:28 PM

Oh NinaSue, men only need to know so much:D my DH says he is my little mushroom, I keep him in the dark and feed him lots of B@#$sh#$:D:D