Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Blue Bell 11-15-2013 07:52 PM

Wow! Awesome quilt. Your work is spectacular. Lucky little Princess.

QuiltE 11-15-2013 08:10 PM

DDamsel ... oh dear for your ankle. What a nice present for your DD. The two of you will have fun making it together, even if it is a slow go! Sorry for the upcoming holiday drama ... try to let it go and enjoy it with those you can.

CarrieM ... you;re welcome. No clue about juicers.

GGal
... he's together! Now to do his applique nose, eyes and the snowbank. Then onwards to the quilting. Good for you and your leaf raking, even though there are still mountains of them. Here, I am lucky ... they can all be pushed into the bush! :) For your seam problem with your new/old machine stitching ... could you move your needle left/right to get the same seam width as your earlier stitching?

QNSue ... with all your eye use right now, so why no stitching yet?

DublB ... just ask in the drug store for the alcohol swabs that are packaged individually. The type that are used to rub your arm, before you get a needle. For your grid, why not buy the ready marked product?

MiraB ... such a beautiful quilt for your Little Princess! What a surprise for her at Christmas and she is going to love the two of you even more! Your quilting is amazing.

OKSGlad ... how do you like your new job? :D

On the road most of tomorrow/Saturday.'
Have a great weekend, Everyone! :)

JeanieG 11-15-2013 08:11 PM

Oh Mirabelle - that quilt is indeed perfect for a princess! You have been working so hard on it, I'm sure that darling little girl will just love it!

dublb 11-15-2013 09:08 PM

QE I have ordered some o' the premarked fusible stabilizer & am hopein' that it'll git here soon. I will use it for wallhangin's but for a quilt I want ta figure out the best water soluble so as ta not have a stabilizer in a quilt. I don't want ta have ta quilt through it & it'll give it a stiff look on the bed that isn't a'tall cuddly, so I experiment. Aqua Mesh is what has come up as the best so far. I still have several experiments ta do till I know for sure.
(I now have walls that I want ta put several walhangin's on. :))

QuiltingNinaSue 11-16-2013 06:48 AM

Mirabelle, the result is worth every minute you spent making it...and it will treasured forever. What a heirloom the princess will have for her own girls someday. Beautiful.

QuiltE, nice of you to stop by and talk to us a bit. Missed you. Yes, I can see from the right eye, where the cataract was removed, but it is healing yet, and it must find a 'balance' with the left eye...perception is off on distance and depth. That 'crescent' quarter moon of vision in the left eye is streaming a wet discharge at night...maybe that is why the eye doctor said, "Mother Nature has to have time to work". So I am not pushing forward until he says I can. Cannot endanger my sight for the rest of my life...because I don't have patience!! Sigh. I will wait.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

grannyQ 11-16-2013 08:16 AM

Just a quick note, can't take too much time. DH is in the hospital since Thurs morning, when he passed out. His blood pressure is really staying low, had his chemo treatment last mon and hasn't responded very well to it. Lots of problems, so far my radiation is going well had no 4 yesterday of 33 times, so not spending too much time at home only to shower and change clothes and pick up any necessary things needed. Sorry this is short but don't want to be gone long. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you.

JeanieG 11-16-2013 10:43 AM

GrannyQ - so sorry to hear about your DH. I know it is so draining to have to spend time at a hospital, plus your radiation probably leaves you tired as well. Try to get some rest, and thanks for letting us know what is going on. You both are definitely in my prayers!

dublb 11-16-2013 11:26 AM

My heart goes out ta ya GrannyQ. Prayers are bein' sent your way. Huggs!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-16-2013 11:46 AM

Meeting in the virtual RV for special prayers and {[(hugs)]} for you, GrannyQ and your MR. GrannyQ. We are all here for you. Please do consider yourself and the rest you need to continue on the way you are.

mirabelle 11-16-2013 01:46 PM

GrannyQ you are in my prayers as you go through this difficult time. We are all thinking of you.