Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

janRN 11-19-2013 09:32 AM

Ggal, glad you only had minor problems with the storm. It missed us except for the heavy rain. Congrats on the new GGD!! Hope they send you lots of pics. My, you have been a busy sewing bee--so many projects getting complete--good job!

Jeanie, any hints you pick up on DJ Yahoo site please pass along. The more I look at it the more intimidated I get but I figure yinz talked me thru FWS & PC so I'm counting on all your help with this project. Enjoying the new kitchen?

Dblb, I love the new design you "created". See, there are no mistakes--just new opportunities.

Anne, glad you won at bingo. My dad used to play the daily lottery everyday. He's win just enough to buy the next batch of tickets. Have a safe drive home and keep that knee wrapped and elevated. We need our leader strong and upright LOL.

QE must be sewing up a storm, she's been mighty quiet here. She claims she's just practicing FMQ--well if that's practice I'm impressed.

Interesting day at work yesterday--we were in "lock down". A guy had shot & killed his girlfriend and they couldn't find him. His parents live in the house behind our office so police & SWAT teams surrounded the area with helicopters overhead. We had to keep the doors locked and only open them if we recognized the patient. They found him about a mile away in an apartment with a hostage so the police moved down there. We didn't see too many patients because of all the road blocks and police vehicles. He released the hostage & then shot himself. The hostage was his murdered girlfriend's new boyfriend. Maybe I don't even want to work one day a week. I've had more contact with law enforcement in the past month than I've had in my life!! Glad I'm off until next Monday.

I have to finish a Christmas table topper for my office manager (dr's wife) so I'll post it later for your opinion. Have a good one, ladies!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-19-2013 09:40 AM

Great deal, Honchey. Hope you love the pattern and that we get to see a picture of it...finished. Rice pudding recipe?

Carrie, I tried the 50 stars again and they printed as a pp and in the different sizes. Much better results this morning; guess I got up on the right side of the bed.:D

I ordered from Inkling the Storm at Sea; for the money, I really got bonus upon bonus. One book is 80 pages, the second at 358 pages...but you print them off yourself. Have not figured out how to print their patterns off in actual size, so Linda's 'monkey' is smarter than me...she has been good to really go beyond the norm to help so far...much I did not know ordering from Canada and downloading here.:eek:

Wow the mess around my computer from not being in the sewing room...running out of printing paper rapidly, need to get ## of paper packages soon...asap. Just no one move my 'piles' 'cause I am organized!???????:thumbup:

QuiltingNinaSue 11-19-2013 09:47 AM

GG, congrats on the new grandbaby.

JanRN, you posted while I was typing, your 'work' day was very exciting. My hometown Wal Mart had a weapon fired in it but no one seen anything, they found the bullet no one hurt. At Wal Mart in K. I witness an arrest of a felony guy, watched the police come in, surround the parking lot, and a sniper armed policeman walking to the front of the store. I stayed in my car with doors locked until they left with him...no shots were fired. Guess everyone shops at Wal Mart. A friend sent me a photo of a lady in Alaska, with a gun on her hip in a holster...its legal there to carry an 'open' weapon...in a Wal Mart.

So you all take care of yourselves. No wind or rain or any other actions harmed any thing here.

deranged_damsel 11-19-2013 09:47 AM

!!!BABIES!!! oh Anael :D they are so darling :D :D :D

Congrats on the baby GGal! I am curious to know which Baltimore QAL you found, please share? :D

LOVELY MBs ladies! I need to get my rear in gear and get in the kitchen and wash my charm fabric! I havent even started my MB yet :( :( :( I feel so ashamed!

I DO have a good excuse... I have been all over the state again, driving here and there... good ol reliable me taking care of everyone elses problems... and trip planned tomorrow as well, by the time this week is done I will have added another 800 miles to my suburban... and did I mention that I twisted my driving foot? hmmmm I really need some down time but I just dont think im going to get it!

Have a good one! :D

oksewglad 11-19-2013 10:24 AM

It's party time<:)! Trial is over and done. We deliberated until after 5:00 last night so it was after 6:00 when we were out of the Courthouse. Glad I made my PO run in the morning as I had bills paid ready to send off. Ran to Wally after for a couple of things and then home close to 8:00. Was I bushed. Slept until almost 10:00 am. Now I have to catch up on life here. A sunny day so hope to get outside and get some final fall work done. Didn't check emails at all yesterday so have been busy following up on those items. Nope--Ilean has gone on an extended vacation--just a lot of brown spilt milk to clean up!
Such pretty greens, Anne. Anxious to see how those pyramids turn out!
And those babies--Sew Grand! Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, Anael. Just take care until surgery is over and done and you will feel much better.:hug:
Congrats to the new GGma GGal!
Jan--life has not been dull for you has it?
Next to QNS's organized pile of papers there's a large calendar with a countdown. How many days left til "sew time"? Not too many more boxes to X are there?
Love the block dublb. Great idea to set it on point and keep it!
DD good to have you stop by! Take care of that ankle, okay? And take a moment or two for yourself as well.
Closing thought is for the devastation in our neighbor states. All the homes that were destroyed and winter's coming on. Lots of prayers being said.

Honchey 11-19-2013 02:01 PM

Anne Mackin's Rice Pudding as served in Bingo!

1. 64 oz of whole milk
2. 1 cup of rice..not converted, minute rice, etc..Just plain old rice..although I use Jasmine rice..
3. 3/4 cup sugar.
3. the peel of a thick skin orange..no white pith attached..
4. 1 extra large egg. room temperature
5. 1 cup heavy cream
6. 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
7. 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
8. 1/2 cup golden raisins

In a 5 qt pot add the milk, rice and sugar, add the orange peel that you have squeezed to get some of the oil released from it...stir ithe mix well...bring to a boil then lower the heat to a slow simmer, cover with the lid just off a bit to keep the pot from boiling over...cook until the rice is very tender, approximately 45 minutes..then blend the egg with the just a little bit of the hot mixture to temper the egg to keep it from becoming hard cooked in the mix...add the heavy cream and vanilla plus the raisins..the mixture will thicken as it cools and the raisin will become nice & plump..optional: sprinkle with cinnamon before serving..

note: I have learned from experience not to use a non-stick pot when using an electric cook top.. stainless steel heavy bottom pot works the best..

QuiltingNinaSue 11-19-2013 03:23 PM

Love it, Anne. Will serve that during the holiday next week. Bfs (Susan & Gary)are coming on Wednesday eve and will leave on Sunday. Bf's dh sister and her husband is coming, too, so no time for sewing...Lin & Ken will be in the sewing room. So I have this next week for cleaning house and cooking. Clear the dinning room and table about 3 days...clear papers in sewing room, five days...on the road doing errands at least two days...and it will all come together in the end and we will have a ball with each other...and each comfortable enough to deal with the rest. Breakfast and lunch each day, and eat up with overs at supper time, each doing their own plate.

gardnergal970 11-19-2013 04:39 PM

http://helenspatchworkpassion.blogspot.com.au. I found this beautiful DJ in red. Really gives me pause....
http://www.estheraliu.blogspot.com/p...erlet-bom.html. Here is the appliqué quilt I'm interested in.

QuiltE 11-19-2013 04:41 PM

So happy to hear that no one in this group suffered from those tornadoes. Tree branches to pick up are minior compared to some ... and yes, I have my share of those too! I did hear from another QB member who was OK, though the storm passed within a mile of their home. Too close!

Starting off snickering here with GGal's spilled milk quip to OKSGlad! :)
But ooooooh what a mess cleaning up hot chocolate!

GGal ... good for you for planning to do a Baltimore. I haven't fallen for them yet, though if I get doing some applique, maybe one day! Looks like you have lots of projects planned! Congratulations on your new DGGD!

Honchey ... another BINGO win! yea! Rice Pudding is a favourite of mine ... even made some the other day, just for me!! :) After your flare up, guess you'll be pampering your leg to be ready for the homeward journey on the weekend.

DublB ... new design works ... you could continue it on and have more of the Hunter's Stars show. Maybe now call it Hunter's Cross?

JanRN ... now that's just a little too much excitement at work! What next?

DDamsel ... My goodness ... you never stop! And how is that twisted driving foot, after all that driving? Maybe you need a hand controlled vehicle? :D:D:D:D

OKSGlad ... glad that your stint is OVER!! Now back to the regular hustle for you! :)

Guess you will all be busy making your Thanksgiving plans for next weekend. I think you make a bigger event of it, than we do here in Canada.

Were there any more MBs in the mail today? I want eye candy! :)

With the cccccccccold snap (only -6C today) ... I was really feeling it, even here in my home! So I made a big pot of hamburg stew. Good meals for today/tmro ... then will either freeze it or recycle it into soup! Fresh muffins too!

Take care everyone!

QuiltE 11-19-2013 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6414111)
http://helenspatchworkpassion.blogspot.com.au. I found this beautiful DJ in red. Really gives me pause....
http://www.estheraliu.blogspot.com/p...erlet-bom.html. Here is the appliqué quilt I'm interested in.

I'll add this link to the quilt photo ....
http://estheraliu.blogspot.ca/2013/0...-launched.html

It's spectacular GGal!!!!!!! .... And I can see why you are drawn to it.
So were you suggesting the red DJ was calling to you?

If you're ready to tackle this 1790 Wedding Coverlet, then I know who to turn to for help when I get doing the DJ applique!! .... you will be a big help!