Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

deranged_damsel 12-05-2013 07:44 AM

Good Morning Ladies :D :D :D

well this morning I woke to a brisk -26 degrees.... yes you read that correctly! I felt bad... it was still -20 when the kids had to go to school :( these are the days I miss homeschool :(

Yesterday we got about 12inch of precip. in the storm that blew in. only 8 or so stuck! but in the morning we couldnt get into the Suburban because the snow melted down into the door seals and froze there! Dh was thinking "Prybar" and I was thinking "Garage". OH well...

We are safe and warm... what else matters?

Have a good one!!!

oksewglad 12-05-2013 07:52 AM

Oh and I'm not liking the 0° temps we could be getting. I don't have a garage either so I feel for you. Stay warm dear DD. Okay back to work.

Honchey 12-05-2013 11:07 AM

Mirabelle, with the quilt being 107" an extra 8" won't matter that much...I'm sure the receipient won't mind a bit:D

D_D, before I emptied my side of the garage I had the same problem...snow, rain, freezing ice...I know what you're going thru...Your freezing weather is headed our way..:( we'll be seeing it soon enough!!

I can't use the little pieces for what I wanted to do so now I have decided to use my postage stamps instead for my charity project...I won't have to pp them...I'll be normal piecing instead...

dublb 12-05-2013 12:13 PM

It's coooold! Yesterday it was 79*F w/winds at 20 mph. Taday it's 29*F w/sleet. DH's office closed & he is home now. They didn't want people who don't know how ta drive on ice drivin' home th'sevenin'. Some o' the employes live up ta 50miles away.
Yesterday was crazy. The first part o' yesterday was good. I went ta an estate sale & really enjoyed myself. It's right around the corner.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif I picked up a small rollin' suitcase & a clock for my bedroom. Then DH came home for lunch. I spoke ta him about the estate sale & we decided for me ta go back & buy the other sm rollin' suitcase. I can put my cloths in one & my toiletries in the other.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif A trip ta Brady will only require one bag. I also picked up 2 twin bed frames while I was there. I got 'em for $30 for the 2 o' 'em. Now the twin beds in the deck room in Brady can be picked up off the floor.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif After lunch everything went haywire. My DF Wanda had called last week & was supposed ta stop by. While I was waitin' I did some rippin' on my Doll Quilt that is part o' a swap I"m in. cause it needed a design change. (It was supposed ta go out by the first.) As she didn't show up I continued ta work on it. Then it came time for me ta go & pick up my DGnephew so he could read ta me. Ack! The bedframes were still in the back o' my truck & I couldn't git the seat down for him ta sit in. So I rushed & got 'em out & ran ta start the truck & it wouldn't start! I tried for 10 min's, & even jiggled the wire DH had showed me ta jiggle. Sigh nothin'. I called my DNeice & told her that I couldn't pick her DSon up. She told me not ta worry about it she'd go & git him & bring him ta me. She's lucky that her boss is so understandin'. So while I waited I worked on my DQ. It fought me the whole way. At 4:30 I called DNiece & found out that his DDad had picked him up & didn't want ta bring him ta me. Sigh. So I continued ta work on my DQ & got the top done just as DH came home & I laid it out on the kitchen island & it wasn't square!!!! :eek::mad: Obviously not square! DH worked on my truck & told me that my battery connector was bad & I needed a new one, in the mean time he gave me a wrench that I can use ta tighten the bolt so I can start it the next time it does this. Then we went ta the store & he kept askin' if I was mad at him. (I guess I wasn't talkin' much.) Finally I told him about waitin' on everybody, havin' ta rush ta git the bedframes out o' the truck, then the truck not startin' & finally my DQ not bein' square & if the DQ had been square then all o' that time waitin' would have been OK but now I felt the day had been waisted. Well when we got home he cooked while I figured out how ta fix it w/o messin' up my design. I did work on it in the kitchen while he cooked so we talked & soon I was feelin' better.

dublb 12-05-2013 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, I got my battery charged for my camera so I can post my pict o' the first MB sent ta me from Sue. (The other one isn't here yet. (Thank You Sue for bein' so sweet! I sure don't deserve your love.) Ain't this one so purdy? I sure don't know why Sue thought it needed ta be replaced.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450050[/ATTACH]

carriem 12-05-2013 05:29 PM

QNS--I too saw GrannyQ signed up for the 50stars...I think it's great! Take care of your leg so it doesn't get any worse. Did you find anything good to do today? :)

Mirabelle--I agree with the others that I don't think anyone will notice a little shorter quilt.

Honchey--I will meander with you through DJ. Is the Amish Twist the block that is sometimes used as a potholder (like a layered or 3-d star)? It's on my list of blocks to make...someday.

D_D--brrrrr! Things have gotten chilly around here too. Not much snow...yet. We have some coming in on Sunday.

Dublb--Sounds like you got some good deals at the sale, too bad the rest of the day didn't work out so great. I too like the MB QNS sent you.

Honchey 12-05-2013 05:59 PM

50 stars already??? is there a sign up thread for it..I wasn't aware of it..I have this thread in my toolbar...I'll have to take a look see...

carriem 12-05-2013 06:01 PM

Sorry Honchey...I thought I posted the link here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...w-t235683.html

QuiltingNinaSue 12-05-2013 06:12 PM

I cinched up my knee brace like the saddles I used to use as I rode horses in my youth, never knew then how handy that knowledge would be in my old age! :D Then I babied it all day...sewed in my quilting room all most completed the SYE Loosey Goosey...all wedges are done, just have to sew them together. continued to rest my leg the rest of the day. Tomorrow morning early, will take dh to get his last four teeth pulled. Then after a few errands, we can come home for the day.:thumbup: Oh, yes, its cold outside, but it is winter time and I love it! I can dress to keep warm, down South it was a steam bath from car to house, from house to car and to work, impossible to keep cool without air conditioning. It was too hot!:mad:

Dublb, I made the MB without much sight, and thought it was a little wobbly; so I made another one that is slowly coming your way..(its in the mail!)...both will reflex the beauty of the autumn in the heartland, the warmth, glow and beauty of Mother Nature. You can decide your favorite of the two, or use them both. My printer was not printing the first pattern off right, so Honchey generously printed it out and sent me the pattern for "Summer's End" which is what you received first. Pattern is from Quilterscache.com.

Honchey 12-05-2013 06:46 PM

Dublb, Striking MB from QNS..I like it!!! The colors go so well together..Now to read all the posts from the 50 stars and see who is going on this journey:)..